Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast
    The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CelestialBlade View Post
    What IS with the "w" thing, seriously? I'm genuinely curious from a cultural standpoint, I always see long lines of wwwwwwwwww in Japanese casual speak online.
    Not sure why exactly it's W's

But that's like their "lol"

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Ah, so it's kind of a "lololololol" thing then? Good to know because that had me so confused

It's "W" for "warai", which is their word for "laughter".

(Fun fact: It's one vowel away from "warui", their word for "bad" or "wrong".)

W stands for warau, which is Japanese for 'laughing'.

wwwww

Warau, waraimasu. Same thing.

EDIT: Zyru got it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kylie View Post
    If SoJ cannot deal with the hackers and has to resort to a regional IP ban (which seems highly unethical to me but is not an uncommon business strategy in Japan), then SoA sure as hell would not be able to keep out hackers. I kinda hope the NA/EU version is not f2p because of this. Hackers are going to have a field day, especially when there is so little to lose for them. Besides, personally, I cannot see myself ever being even slightly interested in our version if my IP address is very rudely blocked just because of my region. That would be sooooo lame.
    Of course seems they are just trying to shove the problem to their 2nd rate customers. Any issues that rise from SOA/SOE's point they can just sit back and take their sweet time addressing them.

Then players can get fed up with the service they are receiving again, then the game quickly dies outside the Japanese regions just like in the past.

Destructive by nature. Link1275's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vashyron View Post
    Of course seems they are just trying to shove the problem to their 2nd rate customers. Any issues that rise from SOA/SOE's point they can just sit back and take their sweet time addressing them.

Then players can get fed up with the service they are receiving again, then the game quickly dies outside the Japanese regions just like in the past.
    We're not 2nd rate, we're just not valued, and appreciated customers. 2nd customers have to be doing something on their end to be 2nd rate, whereas the other way around it's the seller.

I WOULD buy into the 'hackers are pointing out flaws' thing, but from my experience with other F2P games there's just a fundamental flaw with that.

Its that usually they use their security program to add a 'detection' for that specific hack attempt rather than fixing it directly. Meaning the only issue for malicious hackers is finding a way around the game security program and doing it again. Basically; some just 'fix their X-trap/Gameguard' rather than the game itself.

If you guys have any evidence of these white-hat hackers ACTUALLY getting a hack patched beyond 'oh gameguard detects it now' and more like 'i couldn't even do it even if i got past GG' then my faith in Sega would increase somewhat and i'd acknowledge the work of a white hat hacker.

If this isn't the case though, they honestly need to stop cause its not helping anyone. Cause in the end it takes an intelligent,skilled and invested company to truly handle exploits like that. If Sega isn't that... then the headaches you guys are going through because of them are a waste.

Quote Originally Posted by Vashyron View Post

Seems like a big waste of money to me... That is pretty much how it always goes though.

PSO2: Kylie.HUnewearl.Sh02

Quote Originally Posted by Link1275 View Post
    We're not 2nd rate, we're just not valued, and appreciated customers. 2nd customers have to be doing something on their end to be 2nd rate, whereas the other way around it's the seller.
    There are reasons why we are 2nd rate if we look at it from their viewpoint.

1. Credit cards fail to send them payment
    2. Registered info is fake
    3. Large amount of technical difficulties in game caused by our population
    4. Any advertisements paid for by a third party are entirely not effective on us
    5. Causing unnecessary maintenance discourages their main customers
    6. Poor or no access to merchandise and sales for things only in Japan
    = We are way more trouble than normal JP users.

"Of their own accord" Enforcer MKV's Avatar
    Somewhere, being an old man again, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by CelestialBlade View Post
    What IS with the "w" thing, seriously? I'm genuinely curious from a cultural standpoint, I always see long lines of wwwwwwwwww in Japanese casual speak online.
    Allow me to translate. *ahem*

lolololololololololololol

... approximately.

(Yeah, I know people got it already, I just wanted to be a smartass)

See you in game, Coco.
    Enforcer MkX [TE/RA]: Critically injured
    Violet MkV [BR/HU]: On active duty