Page 23 of 35 FirstFirst ... 132021222324252633 ... LastLast
    "Of their own accord" Enforcer MKV's Avatar
    Somewhere, being an old man again, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by TetsuyaHikari View Post
    Actually, no, it's not. It would be better if you didn't even give the time of the day. Hackers can be treated as an 'internet bully'. All you did by asking them to stop was let them know that they are bothering you.

Now that they know they are bothering you, they're surely going to keep doing it since you have asked them to stop. While your method may work on some, in this case, it has the opposite of the desired effect.

So once again, no... it was not better than not asking at all.
    Then again, the way this topic has gone, they're pretty well alerted, I'd say.
    Enforcer MkX [TE/RA]: Critically injured
    Violet MkV [BR/HU]: On active duty

Quote Originally Posted by Enforcer MKV View Post
    lol

死にてぇ奴だけ, かかってこい!! TetsuyaHikari's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowDragon28 View Post
    reporting them will only further encourage Sakai to further consider a blanket IP ban. Just because some "hackers" may not listen to reason or politely asking them to refrain, doesn't mean all will "not listen".
    Ummm... no. Reporting them will weed out the problem. If we do nothing at all and they have to find out we did nothing to try and make the community a better place, that's when they will decide to I.P. ban us. Don't encourage them. All you have to do is quietly submit a form and let SoJ handle the rest.

Saying all this, "please stop" nonsense is really just a waste of breath. Solving this through civilized means is a lost cause, so I wouldn't even bother going that route.

It's only making a request, nothing more, I'm not showing that it "bothering me". If I wanted to show that I'm "bothered" I'd post "Goddamit you fucking hackers knock it off fuck you all you fucking pussies!" Which was not what I posted neither was it implied by my post.
    I realize it's only making a request, but so is asking murderers to stop murdering people and rapists to stop raping people. I'm telling you it's pointless. These people don't listen to reason, nor do they give a rat's ass about how it will affect you.

Also, you can be bothered in many different ways. I'm bothered by the whole ordeal, but I don't have to say anything like you just described. That's a bit extreme, honestly.

Sure my request may fall on deaf ears. But being rude back to them and insulting them doesn't do anything. Reporting them to Sega stop them? Only temporarily, they just make new Sega ID accounts, use a proxy, then return to keep on "hacking".
    I'm not telling you to be rude back to them. I'm telling you to report them. It's simple. Yes, they can create new accounts, use a proxy or whatever to keep returning, but if that's the reason behind why you won't report them, then how about this? While we're at it, let's ditch the idea of a jail system for criminals.

I mean, they're going to just keep coming back anyway. There's no way to stop them permanently, so we might as well just not bother and let them continue to roam free. Look at the big picture, man.

Ignoring them does nothing as well as they come back and show off their "hacks" again.

So what is there to be done? Nothing else I can think of.
    As I already said before. Report them. That's all you can do, really. I'm not asking you to ignore them.

I'm asking you to stop giving them attention by pleading with them as if they're terrorists that have your game hostage. They're not going to listen to your demands, so it's not worth trying to reason with them. Just report them and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Enforcer MKV View Post
    Pretty much. Another win for the hackers and other troublemakers today, it seems. You stop feeding the monster and it will eventually die or find another place to get food from.

Unfortunately, it seems some of the people here want to keep it as a pet.
    Last edited by TetsuyaHikari; Aug 10, 2012 at 09:33 PM.

note

ToS change also are to adress to the RMT bot and the RMT traders

不正行為=unauthorized,illigal, cheat action.
    meaning not just the US Hackers but the RMT bots and the RMT traders.

just a re-cap

they stated they are not planning to ip block non-japan players since there are alredy many accessing and playing but if they have continuous problems with these unauthorized cheat, they will.

also payment option = my american express works well anywhere on JP stores.

The industry as whole need to catch up on security measures.

It had been predicted that hacker population are on the rise like 3 years or more ago, yet still many companies choose to ignore it.

Meh, imo this is a power out of the communities' reach. This is between the blackhat hackers and the companies. It is like a war with community as refuges. When was the last time a war was stopped because some refuge begged?

We should just do what's best for the community and for ourselves instead of worrying about this war. (not like you guys are not already doing that)

(as for RMT... i'm sure we all know much about this subject...)
    Last edited by SolRiver; Aug 10, 2012 at 09:38 PM.

Wow. Just wow.

Yeah, just keep on reporting them, show me how their bans have permanently stopped them from making a new Sega ID, using a proxy, and returning to the game to "hack" some more and show off those hacks again and again? Show how that has permanently stopped them? Well as far as I can see, it hasn't.
    Last edited by ShadowDragon28; Aug 10, 2012 at 09:46 PM.
    I wish every PSO-World member playing PSO2 would have this outlook/attitude:
    "I'll be honest: I'm a man of simple pleasures, and as long as I get to stab the blazes out of something, I'm pretty content."
    Tactlessness is ugly, willfull ignorance and bigotry is even uglier

It will at least show them that there are people willing to try and put a stop to them at least temporarily.

Here's an idea, report them, in English.

Playing PSP2i on PSP 6.39PRO-B6 (Online)

PSOW save games converted: 44. Conversion Service Ended.

死にてぇ奴だけ, かかってこい!! TetsuyaHikari's Avatar

Wow. Just wow.

Yeah, just keep on reporting them, show me how their bans have permanently stopped them from making a new Sega ID, using a proxy, and returning to the game to "hack" some more and show off those hacks again and again? Show how that has permanently stopped them? Well as far as I can see, it hasn't.
    Wow. Just wow.

Yeah, just keep on pleading with them, show me how your cries have permanently stopped them from making a new Sega ID, using a proxy, and returning to the game to "hack" some more and show off those hacks again and again? Show how that has permanently stopped them? Well as far as I can see, it hasn't.

It works both ways, man.

tl;dr: Reporting > pleading

Default So I've read on bumped.org that....

PSO 2 will IP banning non Japanese connections if the hacking continues. Obviously it will, because the people who do have ecstasy in ruining things for everyone. Sakai said this himself. This may not be clearly stated, but its quite obvious what the "drastic option" will be. Here is a link to this news: http://bumped.org/psublog/sakai-addr...uture-updates/

Thoughts? Comments? Does anybody have any solid proof that something like this won't happen?