Page 1 of 18 123411 ... LastLast

Default Too harsh: grinding and transfering

Anyone else thinks grinding and transfering abilities is too harsh in this game? not to say hard as **** and makes you wanna commit suicide. I had a tigredor +8 and stupid as i am i've said today is the day i'll get you to +10, after 30 grinds is sitting at +3, got no past +6.. Everytime i have even the slightest chance of losing grinds i always lose the max ammount possible.

2 slot vol wings to add a third ability, all 3 abilities with 75% chance each, 3 of them failed.. if i remember my probabilities right the chance of the 3 of them fail would be 1/64 as each % is independent of the others, that means i'm extremely unlucky i guess..

At the same time if i'm trying to add a soul with 50% chance everytime i need to try to transfer it at least 4 to 5 times.

Either i'm really unlucky at this, or there's def some calculation mistake on the system, i don't see the chances that they shows us to be equal to the calculations that's actually made on the system.

Does anyone else thinks the system needs some adjustment of some kind? We can all argue how it's just a row of bad luck, or some smart ass comment about the npc, but by now i really feel there's something shady on the system..

It needs major changes. Almost everyone seems to agree.

RNG Rant thread > http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=198861

No, I think it's fine as it is, and is more lenient then other MMORPG upgrade system.
    Which can and has included item breaking(Either disappear, or require a Cash item to recover) and the chance isn't that low, and with the right Soul combonation, it's possible to raise the chance to higher then normal.
    Sizustar Fo/Te 75/75 - Ship-2

Screenshot dump
    url]https://www.flickr.com/photos/118177547@N08/[/url]
    Drawing and junk Twitter https://twitter.com/Sizustar - please don't send blank request-

It certainly is bad percentage wise, but the outcome of failing a grind could be much worse. If I remember correctly, in PSU when you failed a grind, your weapon broke.

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

Grinding common items is fine. I had an alright time with my 5*s, and I had a huge power upgrade when I got them to +10 after spending less than 100k on each. Rare items, though, I seem to spend a ton of time, grinders, and money on. Really makes me think twice about upgrading my equipment, considering all I get is a boost to dex most of the time.

Abilities, I haven't even touched upon. I don't even know how to get them to work, and I hear nothing but painful things about them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sizustar View Post
    No, I think it's fine as it is, and is more lenient then other MMORPG upgrade system.
    Which can and has included item breaking(Either disappear, or require a Cash item to recover) and the chance isn't that low, and with the right Soul combonation, it's possible to raise the chance to higher then normal.
    This. At least your weapon isn't destroyed, or goes from +9 to +0 in one fail.

Also, 30 grinds are nothing. I've wasted 200 grinds and about 300k on my trigedor just to get it from +8 back to +8 after falling so low. I know people who've spent 1mil to get their rares to +10.

But I managed to get my *9 talis and launcher to +10 with one or two fails. It's all RNG.
    Last edited by Coatl; Aug 12, 2012 at 01:27 PM.

the affixing is a whole different story though. I really would prefer that if I successfully transferred a Vol Soul to a weapon, it stays on the weapon until I overwrite it. I don't like how if I fail adding another ability that it blanks the entire weapons ability's . I just don't see the point in having up to 8 slots if you can't even get past 3. also, they need the ability to give an elementless weapon an element and change the current element grinding to using any weapon as fodder as long as they have the same element. why should I have to use 30 Tarnada's to buff 1 Tarnada? did they not count in some weapons rarity?

just my two cents.
    Last edited by Valkyrie Lovrina; Aug 12, 2012 at 11:25 PM.
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic69435_11.gif
    (Location: Ship 2)
    busy getting my life sorted out.

Let's wait till they roll out the over 9 stars weapons, I just hope those won't break instead of lowering the stages.
    P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrie Lovrina View Post
    why should I have to use 30 Tarnada's to buff 1 Tarnada? did they not count in some weapons rarity?
    For high profile rares, players use these.

"Attribute Enhance +5% / 属性強化+5%" - Increase elemental attribute by 5%

It might cost a mil or two depending on your server.
    I stream PSO2! Please check out my channel when you have time~

twitch.tv/gmcustom

Quote Originally Posted by Sizustar View Post
    Just because other MMORPG's are even worst doesn't mean this one is right, if you think it's fine as it is i don't even know what to think about that, either you are really lucky, you don't even touch the system.

Indigo, sure but that's also why i left psu lol

Coatl again if you've been there i don't know how can you say it's fine, just because it's not that bad doesn't mean it's good.

I work on software development and i can assure you there's no method to generate truly random numbers, most times we use a seed system to get the best outcome on random numbers and still they aren't as random as they should be, my bet is pso random number generator is poorly designed