Page 36 of 78 FirstFirst ... 263334353637383946 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Aeris View Post
    They took off 64bit support once again but knowing sega might put it right back in later on.
    Not me. It keeps trying to install and update the x64 components. Maybe my GG is just broken and I need to reinstall. A third time.

So, seeing the previous comments...The problems still aren't solved? Kinda makes me sad now, because I want to play for once again. But I'm really not taking any risks with my 64-bit computer.

Yeah I just tried starting my game. Good thing I had my mouse ready to hit that cancel button on gameguard the instant it tried downloading anything.

Uh, from my understanding it will try to update through the revisions so you will have to download the latest update regardless even if it was an update for "removing something" that you didn't have.

Though in the end this current revision does not have that 64 Bit support that was causing problems.

I guess I picked a good time to take a break from the game. They really should just drop the crappy 64 bit support altogether and never bring it back if they're too incompetent to actually fix it. Which I understand they've done....for now. They'll probably bring it back later though.
    PSO2
    Mikura: Female Human - Hunter 40/Ranger 29
    Lilith: Female Newman - Force 4
    Ship 2: Block 42

Personal blog: http://theslackerslounge.blogspot.com/

I want to say, "I'd rather them keep the 64bit support and keep most of the cheat tool kiddies out of the game," but I haven't had any of the glaring problems other people have had with their computers freezing and such so that isn't fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Vashyron View Post
    Uh, from my understanding it will try to update through the revisions so you will have to download the latest update regardless even if it was an update for "removing something" that you didn't have.

Though in the end this current revision does not have that 64 Bit support that was causing problems.
    You sure? The first time they pulled the broken update, my GG didn't download anything. Does it still kill Steam overlay, though? That's almost a make-or-break deal for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Macman View Post
    You sure? The first time they pulled the broken update, my GG didn't download anything. Does it still kill Steam overlay, though? That's almost a make-or-break deal for me.
    Potentially it may have done something else besides removing "that update." I'm just taking a guess here though.

It did kill Steam Overlay for PSO2 only when that update was still up, now that they have reverted PSO2 works with Steam Overlay again.

Quote Originally Posted by HFlowen View Post
    I want to say, "I'd rather them keep the 64bit support and keep most of the cheat tool kiddies out of the game," but I haven't had any of the glaring problems other people have had with their computers freezing and such so that isn't fair.

I'd like that too, but I think it'd be better for Sega to take it upon themselves to just ban the cheaters rather than rely on GG to filter them all out automatically.

And yes, I understand they can always come back on new accounts over and over again, but after awhile, they would start losing interest in the game and say, "Screw it, I'm done." Unless they have absolutely no life and nothing better to do. In which case, they would eventually find a way to bypass GG anyway if they're that determined to cheat in the game.
    PSO2
    Mikura: Female Human - Hunter 40/Ranger 29
    Lilith: Female Newman - Force 4
    Ship 2: Block 42

Personal blog: http://theslackerslounge.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Macman View Post
    The only real way to check is to look in task manager. If GameMon64.des loads, then the 64 bit protection is enabled and things will break. If GameMon64.des doesn't load then things should be fine for now.
    Currently, it isn't loading for me.

Quote Originally Posted by HFlowen View Post
    To be honest, a lot of these problems could be blocked by hardening the client and the communications more. But that would end up requiring more processing power so you never know how much of an effect it would have on performance. It shoulnd't require much.
    Last edited by Ana-Chan; Aug 27, 2012 at 12:33 PM.