Default pso2.exe crashing after 1 minute playing

Title's pretty self-explanatory. After today's 15th August update I keep getting this error.

I can't read kanji, so if anyone could tell me what does this mean, I'd really appreciate it.

"想定外のエラーが発生しました。" literally means "Unexpected error has occured".

If you are running an x64 operating system, it could be GameGuards recent update that is causing you problems (yes, I actually saw it happen on a friends system where it got in the way of itself). It could be something else entirely.
    So try doing a file check to see if there are any corrupt files.

Files checked, it didn't download anything, and the error persists. So it must be gameguard, since I'm using windows 7 Ultimate 64 bits. Does any of your friends have the same problem?

If you read around the forum a bit, you'll see that many people are having this exact same issue. It is a conflict between GameGuard and 64 bit windows, and as of right now there is no current known fix for it.

Force User | りんこ | Ship 2

Quote Originally Posted by Kamekur View Post
    Files checked, it didn't download anything, and the error persists. So it must be gameguard, since I'm using windows 7 Ultimate 64 bits. Does any of your friends have the same problem?
    Do you have UAC ( User Account Controls ) on in your OS? This can be a HUGE problem. Also try right clicking the shortcut to PSO2. Go to the compatibility tab and check " Run as administrator ".

Quote Originally Posted by kaitokamina View Post
    Do you have UAC ( User Account Controls ) on in your OS? This can be a HUGE problem. Also try right clicking the shortcut to PSO2. Go to the compatibility tab and check " Run as administrator ".
    This is no problem for PSO2. There is a way to get applications to ask you to run as administrator automatically, and PSO2 does it. This is why everytime you run PSO2 on systems where UAC is active, you always get prompted.
    So PSO2 is always set to run as administrator. It is also required too. Because of the way GameGuard works, if you don't have administrative privileges (I managed to do this once, it was fun getting it set up in this way) then GameGuard just exits PSO2 without any game window appearing.

They've pulled the GG update so things should work again for now. I was just playing without issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Phosis View Post
    If you read around the forum a bit, you'll see that many people are having this exact same issue. It is a conflict between GameGuard and 64 bit windows, and as of right now there is no current known fix for it.
    No it's not the same issue, as the update didn't fix the error. I haven't seen gameguard update when I launched the game, and I still get the error.
    I've been reading about this error here, but they seem to have a different issue (crashing when NPCs speak for ex.) (click spoiler)
    Spoiler!

So I'm gonna try now reinstalling the game completely, to see if it fixes the issue.
    At the moment it's updating.

Post Edit: Game keeps crashing.
    Last edited by Kamekur; Aug 18, 2012 at 01:05 AM.