Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Captcha of PAIN

Default Captcha of PAIN

What are these symbols; we have been translating the captchas for like a full day (Yes I mean 24 hours; and by we I mean a group of my employees; only one of whom has any Japanese knowledge). Please help save us from the challenge question. This is from the Sega billing system.
    ~ RisaXSeph
    Persephone - Bu/Hu - ID: Atsumari - Ship 2
    "A name is only as important as the person it describes... so when someone asks for your name you know your important." - Hoshi Ki-Kari; Kiru-Acu: Blissful Shadows

I use to be an internet OG like you; now I just try really really hard.

http://www.lexilogos.com/keyboard/hiragana.htm

I have tried using the above and Microsofts IME. The person who works for me and knows japanese came up with this:

ぃねぬきき

However Sega's billing partner said:

エラー

画像認証と入力された文字が一致しません。
    もう一度初めからやり直してください。

I have understood this to mean; error. The captcha is incorrect. Please try again.
    ~ RisaXSeph
    "A name is only as important as the person it describes... so when someone asks for your name you know your important." - Hoshi Ki-Kari; Kiru-Acu: Blissful Shadows

You have an employee ho claims to have knowledge of japanese and can't read hiragana?

Interesting.

Do it again and keep trying until you get past it using the tools that can be found on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Darki View Post
    You have an employee ho claims to have knowledge of japanese and can't read hiragana?

Interesting.
    Well... he said he can speak it; not read it. Though seeing as I know nothing of the language I assume speaking it requires you need to know something of the languages mechanics. Also for clarification; he said its Hiragana but I have heard on this forum it is Katakana... Seeing as they are both different forms of the same language which is it?
    Last edited by risaxseph; Aug 19, 2012 at 05:45 AM. Reason: I need to proofread before I post.
    ~ RisaXSeph

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hiragana

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katakana

they are both used in the Japanese language.

The captcha was in hiragana.
    Last edited by ashley50; Aug 19, 2012 at 05:48 AM.

;x Kata/Hira I was using that. Before this week's patch the captcha was katakana, they switched to hiragana recently. I'm pretty sure if you took too long to enter the captcha it'll time out. You can always just refresh the page till you get an easier one to read.
    Images in signatures cannot exceed 50,000 bytes. The image in your signature was 86,271 bytes.
    エリス - FOnewearl - Ship 02

Quote Originally Posted by natsu-yuki View Post
    Well... he said he can speak it; not read it. Though seeing as I know nothing of the language I assume speaking it requires you need to know something of the languages mechanics. Also for clarification; he said its Hiragana but I have heard on this forum it is Katakana... Seeing as they are both different forms of the same language which is it?
    Well, I don't intend to say anything negative about your employee, don't take me wrong, it's just that kana is like the 5-years-old writting system, everything in japanese has kana in one way or another and I find it difficult to think of a way someone could even have the ability to learn to speak japanese without knowing how to read those.

In any case, your employee was right in that, it's hiragana for the syllabes "i", "ne", "nu", "ki", and "ki" again. He did pick them right, so are you sure the error is in the captcha and not in the name/password?