Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default I'm really surprised at PSO2

Surprised because... I actually don't enjoy it.

Now I know I'm probably going to get flamed a lot for this, but I find it slow and boring.

It doesn't feel that much different from PSU, running around maps, finding enemies and item boxes... getting disappointed from what's inside.

Rinse, repeat.

Maybe if the movement in game was faster, dashing barely goes anywhere maybe it should go further? Maybe there needs to be quests like TTF and Endless Nightmare. Or maybe we shouldn't have to pay to have a room? Spitballing ideas for now, help me out?

I'm not trying to be negative, I was expecting to love this game from what I had seen in all of the trailers and videos people were posting. Maybe other games like Vindictus, Demon's/Dark Souls, Batman Arkham Asylum, Dragon's Dogma and other action adventure games are doing it for me now... maybe Phantasy Star seems to be more in the past for me? I honestly can't say.

Where is this lack of enthusiasm is coming from, I don't know. Maybe it'll be more fun when PSO2 is in English and I can understand more of what is going on (yes I did install the English Patch).

To quote Zoidberg, "I think PSO2 is bad, and I should feel bad."

/rant
    Wouldn't you like to be a Pepper too?

Glad to know I'm not the only one feeling this way towards the game.
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.

There isn't a whole lot to do at the moment, but the game is still in its infancy. I think we should give it more time. As for the core gameplay itself I find it very fun. We just need more content and mini games / goals.

Combat is fun, and being able to use costumes and my rooms is cool. But I agree, right now the game is just boring if you aren't in the mood for farming or w/e.

Yeah not a whole lot to do right now... Granted, it's still miles ahead of what FFXIV was when that game came out...
    I don't need a signature pic, I would end up changing it all the time.

Everyone's entitled to their own opinions, but...slow? It's the fastest Online game I've ever played.
    (by the by, dashing is for avoiding attacks seeing as how it gives you invincibility frames, and not so much for running, unless you're a hunter with step attack)
    From the emergency codes that spice up what would be otherwise normal maps with random events and bosses, the PSE bursts, the hordes of enemies in hard mode, the enemy weakspots and how jumping actually factors into gameplay instead of being just aesthetics, it brings so much into the game for me personally that I've been at level 40 for weeks and still haven't put it down.

Maybe it's not your style, but I've played all of the games you've mentioned also, even beat Demon and Dark Souls, I still find the gameplay in this enthralling and fast pace to a point where I can't stop playing, the game is still in it's infancy too, mind you.

I guess it's not for everyone, but I've never thought of it as slow OR boring, that's just my personal opinion though :P
    --------
    PSO2: Beat -Ship 02

The supposive Gaijin Hero EvilMag's Avatar

My biggest complaint is the level cap trial client order. What the fuck was Sega thinking?
    Quote Originally Posted by CelestialBlade View Post
    Bit off-topic, but I'm just sick and tired of "difficulty" meaning "stat boosts". It's lazy and boring.

Quote Originally Posted by EvilMag View Post
    My biggest complaint is the level cap trial client order. What the fuck was Sega thinking?
    This.
    Dragonkins man....
    --------
    PSO2: Beat -Ship 02

If you have alot of free time and enjoy doing different things, then this game right now will suck. You'll hit the current level cap in about a week. Soon the cap rises from 40 to... dada~, 50.

There's nothing cool to farm. Abilities to put onto weapons suck and are boring. Nothing has its own inherent abilities, but this may change for 15* weapons. Like a chance to kill with each strike, or a GiFoie spam when you use a PA or something... currently nothing cool. There's not a whole lot of mags to choose from and the photon blasts suck(I loved SUVs in psu more). There's no point in trying to farm armor because you need 9,001 base defense to use a 3* one, let alone a 6*+ one. Screw your mag up? You gotta pay real money to fix it. Screw your talent tree up? You gotta pay real money to fix it. Unlike every other game which uses a stupidly large chunk of in-game money to fix talents, PSO2 charges real money. My Room isn't free. I've gotten a few people to play the game, even offered to help but the 20-30 stretch saw every single one of them say "fuck this game" or something to that effect.

tl;dr
    This game sucks. We all know it. Come back in a few months and there should be slightly more to do than now.

PSO2-JP: Ship 2; Bouncer/Braver, Tiana Cross.

I'm not sure what your definition of "slow" is, but the gameplay seems pretty fast to me.I used to play FFXI for years and PSO2 makes that game seem like molasses in comparison.

My biggest gripe, like most people, is the lack of content at the moment. Oh, and the affix system with DooDoo can kiss my ass. Otherwise, it seems fine to me and it's a big improvement over PSU in my opinion.
    PSO2
    Mikura: Female Human - Hunter 40/Ranger 29
    Lilith: Female Newman - Force 4
    Ship 2: Block 42

Personal blog: http://theslackerslounge.blogspot.com/