AKA Sapphire of Chaos Chaos Rappy's Avatar

Default Variable ATP/MST for all weapons (Complete)

As I promised, I have managed to get ahold of my BradyGames guide to present to you all of the PSZ forum of pso-world, the variable attack amounts of every weapon that this game has.

As an introduction, you might wonder what variable attack numbers are. I'll tell you: it's the difference of the weapon's maximum calculated attack power and the weapon's lowest calculated attack power. Basically, all weapons have what's called a "minimum attack" and "maximum attack" value (of which the "max" is the one displayed ingame, in case you were wondering). When you strike a foe with a weapon, it randomly chooses a number between its minimum and maximum attack values, and plugs it into the damage formula to come up with the final value that is the damage you deal to the enemy you struck with the weapon. This list will give you both the minimum and maximum values for every weapon in this game, and will help allow users to find the variable damages they might be dealing with weapons in comparison to other weapons in this game, allowing you to find out just what has the highest potential for the best average damage per strike on an enemy, and other such related information.

I hope this list may be of use to you all. If it is possible as well, I would very much love it if, say, a mod came and was able to relay this valuable information the each weapon in the site's database so that the variable ATP/MST is listed in the weapon's onsite page and description. If that happens, I could not thank them enough for doing that. ^_^

*ALL CREDIT FOR THIS INFORMATION GOES TO BRADYGAMES, ITS GUIDE, AND ITS CREATORS. I ASSUME NO RESPONSIBILITY OF THIS INFORMATION, AND DO NOT CREDIT ANYONE ELSE FOR SUCH BUT BRADYGAMES.

(The below values are all valued in ATP)
    --------------------------------------------
    Sabers
    Spoiler!

Swords
    Spoiler!

Daggers
    Spoiler!

Spears
    Spoiler!

Claws
    Spoiler!

Shields
    Spoiler!

Double-Sabers
    Spoiler!

*Handguns
    Spoiler!

**Rifles
    Spoiler!

#Gunblades
    Spoiler!

***Mechguns
    Spoiler!

****Bazookas
    Spoiler!

*****Laser Cannons
    Spoiler!

(The below values listed are all valued in MST)
    --------------------------------------------------------

Rods
    Spoiler!

Wands
    Spoiler!

^Slicers
    Spoiler!

***All ATP/MST values, minimum AND maximum, are influenced by grind values [each grind increases both minimum and maximum ATP/MST by +2]***

I thank you all for taking the time to read this, and hope you enjoy playing this fantastic game with the knowledge Bradygames gave me, that I and regiving to you all. ^_^
    Last edited by Chaos Rappy; Aug 25, 2012 at 05:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken_L_button View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Rappy View Post
    I've been a statistical exception as far as anything has proven to me.
    That's an understatement...
    ~Keeper of 1000 Rappy Souls~
    TSV's: X - 0401, Y - 0845, AS - 1277

>Lavis Kanon

Kind of reminds me of certain MMOs where damage stability was a huge issue. Maplestory.

Top tier high level gameplay question for when you get around to rods and staffs: Back before I had my Psycho Wand, I was using a Starlight/Star Cloak to inflict higher level Grants damage. One thing I noticed is that when I was using Grants with the White Disaster/Spirit Garb, my minimum damage was lower than the Starlight/StarCloak combo, but my maximum damage was a bit higher. What I'm trying to say is that the Starlight/Star Cloak combo seemed to have its Grants damage a little more Stable. My question is simply, why?

Also, as the above is true, I get the feeling that these damage variables also apply to techs.

Something else, I remember healing more in town with certain slicers than I did with a White Disaster. Is there some kind of hidden Resta stat as well? I ask because when in town, Resta healing is fixed. Sorry if this last paragraph drags off topic from the thread, but it feels a little too advanced for the Q&A thread seeing as how I don't even know the answer to it...

EDIT: It might be a good idea to put (W.I.P.) in the thread title for now...
    Last edited by DoctorShanks; Aug 23, 2012 at 10:38 PM.

Mystelle - Level 100 FOmarl
    ~Art by Daggart~

Oh, so this game also has variable ATP. Guess it finally explains the huge damage gradient that my FOnewm gets with a Hocho. Very nice, Chaos (and I guess you can forward that to BradyGames)!

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorShanks View Post
    >Lavis Kanon

Kind of reminds me of certain MMOs where damage stability was a huge issue. Maplestory.

Top tier high level gameplay question for when you get around to rods and staffs: Back before I had my Psycho Wand, I was using a Starlight/Star Cloak to inflict higher level Grants damage. One thing I noticed is that when I was using Grants with the White Disaster/Spirit Garb, my minimum damage was lower than the Starlight/StarCloak combo, but my maximum damage was a bit higher. What I'm trying to say is that the Starlight/Star Cloak combo seemed to have its Grants damage a little more Stable. My question is simply, why?

Also, as the above is true, I get the feeling that these damage variables also apply to techs.

Something else, I remember healing more in town with certain slicers than I did with a White Disaster. Is there some kind of hidden Resta stat as well? I ask because when in town, Resta healing is fixed. Sorry if this last paragraph drags off topic from the thread, but it feels a little too advanced for the Q&A thread seeing as how I don't even know the answer to it...

EDIT: It might be a good idea to put (W.I.P.) in the thread title for now...
    I'm gonna quickly answer your question, since it'll be a while before I get to the Tech-weapons, but the answer to your question is as simple as the question itself:

Starlight: 252-360 MST

White Disaster: 208-455 MST

Starlight has a max grind of +20, making it have a max MST of 400. It also has a Light Damage x110% effect, which not only applies to your weapon's MST value for the magical damage, but also your base MST for the damage. A max-grinded White Disaster has 495 MST, which while is 95 more MST than the Starlight, the Starlight has that damage bonus to Light, pushing its damage that much further. So, in the end, their damages can be found to be relatively similar. Also, the Star Cloak/Starlight combo has a +50 MST increase, while the White Disaster/Spirit Garb combo only has a +25 MST increase, which makes me wonder how it could be dealing more damage than the Starlight with Grants, since the Starlight has that +10% Light damage mod (which, even if it only ran off weapon MST, is still a 45-MST-based increase, making it at a simulated 495 MST [the White Disaster's max prior to the set bonus], where the White Disaster has a simulated max of 520).

I'm not 100% sure about it, but I think that MST-based weapons may simply have their Tech Damage Modifiers set to only affect their weapon MST values, so that could be why your WD still manages to have a higher potential max than your Starlight, but since the Starlight has SO much more minimum MST than the WD, it's not even fair to compare (342 MST Starlight / 273 MST WD, and that's BEFORE the damage multiplier on the Starlight).

As for the Resta thing, I'm not certain, but it might be a special property of the Slicer we never knew about. But, there's no information that the guide gives me that can help me point out exactly why that could be. Maybe it's just the Slicer in question has a high minimum MST value and, comparatively, the in-town heals could always run off the minimum MST value and make your healing consistently higher than another weapon which may have a higher max MST, but a lower minimum, making it SEEM like it has a special property to heal more. I know for a fact, though, that the Fuuma Shuriken has a very high minimum MST, and the Kouga Shuriken has an even lower minimum, even though it grinds so much for a higher maximum MST value, so it's just strange to me. :/

EDIT: Also, you're not wrong in your assumption. The damage dealt from techs is the same as it is for physical striking and ranged shooting: techs can run their damage formulae from any number between the weapons' max and min MST values, so weapons with wide ranges between their max and min will have a wide range of damage they could deal, and vice-versa for low-variance weapons. You can also confirm this by wielding a weapon that isn't MST-based that has a damage mod for a certain tech (like the Mellow Ice Beam's Ice multiplier, or the Twinkle Star's Light damage multiplier, in which the techs WILL deal more damage than before without an MST-based weapon or being unarmed, and yet have NO variance in its damage, since it's running solely off your base MST and the multiplier).

THE ONLY WEAPON THIS IS NOT TRUE WITH IS THE ROMULUS SERIES DOUBLE-SABERS. I don't know why it is, but even though the weapon itself, in-game, CLEARLY states it has a 10% damage increase to Zonde techs, it DOES NOT INCREASE THE TECH'S DAMAGE AT ALL. Just a friendly reminder from a guy who tested his theories well.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: List is finally done. Hope you all enjoy it. ^_^

Soon, I may just get the urge to post more stuff I find in this guide. ;P

As a small note to those who've read this far into my post: Kick Rush, the PA you can use when unarmed, has a 180% ATP and ATA mod, and costs only 10 PP, and hits 5-6 times. Fun stuff.
    Last edited by Chaos Rappy; Aug 24, 2012 at 09:58 PM.

Yeah, Kick Rush info is already on the site. Still sucks though.

Also, nice work. And huh, so that's the length of the extra-range guns.
    Last edited by Daggart; Aug 25, 2012 at 02:26 AM.

This... is... I don't even... omg....

Thanks SO MUCH Chaos! I'll get to work figuring out how to put this in my damage calculator.

Bumping for great justice! ...and to see if FOODFOOD is still working on his damage calculator with inputting all this info I gave...

Sure am! I'm pretty busy right now (I'm the head of political advertising at the TV station I work at... and it's busy. Plus I'm moving to a new apt this week).

I have some of the basic entry done, like inputting the names of all of the weapons and created the drop-down lists. Now it's the hard part of programming all the min-max ATPs.

Awesomeness! I commend you for every bit of hard work you put into it, since I knew you worked hard at real-life stuff aside from these things.

Any plans on adding their min-max ATP/MST's with or without grinds? I've been wondering how you might input that into your calculator, and whether or not it would be ungrinded or max grinded you would use for this.