Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Default Those snow banshee and banther

First time I faced them in duel mode. Currently Hunter lvl 33. Those bastards are sick making working hard on my evade. They love moving a lot making life as hunter harder so I had to use gunslash to keep them at bay. I ran out of mates for the first time in the game in boss battle I had to play surviving mode. Eventually, I died and realized my armor is weak. I guess I will need help to defeat those speedy bastards.
    Japanese PSO2 Character
    Aliyah Tulumba Hunter

Land of OZ I think? ... or did that tornado take me elsewhere?

1.3k defence here, i take 1 dmg from those guys lol. helps me alot
    The Creator of Syncesta!

If it's any consolation, I am level 40 and I can't get them down either, even with Ooza.
    In a rare display of frustration, I used up all the SP I was saving for the class update into JA bonus and S-Def - enabling me to equip some rare armor. I'm gonna try again right now.

My advice if you're going to go in there regardless would be to telepipe to the camp ship and use a Deband Drink EX or possibly a Guts Drink EX.
    Also, if you wish to, try to synthe a blow resist unit (blow resist II or better if you can). That should cut down the damage some more.
    Oserez-vous percer le mystère de la malédiction ?
    www.hinamizawa.fr

What Vash said
    I'll get a new sig pic soon =w=
    Rika
    Ship 10
    ID: Colors

Yeah, I'm going to play without any armor at all, because I have just guard.
    (seriously, people...)
    (Incidentally, I passed it)
    Oserez-vous percer le mystère de la malédiction ?
    www.hinamizawa.fr

Monster Hunter

Please stop these posts, in all honestly you are removing a lot of the fun factor from the game by expecting to beat bosses in 1-2 tries easily or buffing up your defense so high that they do 1 damage. (Last one probably won't work for too long considering we only have "hard mode")

Cool thing about this game is there are multiple ways and styles to beat bosses without getting hit on the hunter class. I'm not going to touch ranger / force because they are even easier. No I am not trying to "brag" I just think you guys haven't messed around with the different systems in game.

If you are on Ship 7 I'll show you, if not I have little intention of posting videos for people to copy my play style. I have received many requests for a dragon run tutorial after showing players in game because I do a lot of fancies during that, considering it, but it will be a private one. (the same mechanics make it very easy to clear tigers too, in fact the tigers have a lot less move variety than the dragon.)

My advice try out the blocking and dodging, the blocking system has a rewarding system in which the closer you are to exact block timing the closer to your max damage you will do.

It's not that hard... As soon as i hit 33 on my hunter i was able to do the Ohza quest. My recommendation for you is to watch banther/banshee hunter solo's on youtube, it really helped me. Took me around 3-4 attempts. First two i was learning the rythm of the monsters. After that it's just about combining what you've learned from watching and the rythm to just-gaurding their attacks. For example when he does the roar you can tell that because he will put his right frontpaw down first then his left frontpaw and after a brief delay he roars, so just watch out for it and you'll learn the timing. I really think this thread is pointless though, you should have figured it out on your own and asking for help is.. well good luck.

Edit:

Quote Originally Posted by Leyline View Post
    Please stop these posts, in all honestly you are removing a lot of the fun factor from the game by expecting to beat bosses in 1-2 tries easily or buffing up your defense so high that they do 1 damage. (Last one probably won't work for too long considering we only have "hard mode")

Cool thing about this game is there are multiple ways and styles to beat bosses without getting hit on the hunter class. I'm not going to touch ranger / force because they are even easier. No I am not trying to "brag" I just think you guys haven't messed around with the different systems in game.

If you are on Ship 7 I'll show you, if not I have little intention of posting videos for people to copy my play style. I have received many requests for a dragon run tutorial after showing players in game because I do a lot of fancies during that, considering it, but it will be a private one. (the same mechanics make it very easy to clear tigers too, in fact the tigers have a lot less move variety than the dragon.)

My advice try out the blocking and dodging, the blocking system has a rewarding system in which the closer you are to exact block timing the closer to your max damage you will do.
    LOL. Dumb post. Putting "not trying to brag" IS bragging. I'm sorry but your whole post doesn't make any sense, all i see is yapp yapp i'm great i help people dey want tutorial videos im like naw i ain't braggin bitches. Calm down mateeey.
    Last edited by Silver Crow; Aug 25, 2012 at 07:56 PM.

Monster Hunter

Nah Silver I'm just not a fan of mindless drones watching youtube videos for strategies. Find your own makes the game more enjoyable.

Also tired of seeing these multiple times a day, why should you be able to easily beat a boss first try or have to use a specific equipment to beat it (high def). Makes no sense.
    Last edited by Leyline; Aug 25, 2012 at 08:08 PM.

Nah Silver I'm just not a fan of mindless drones watching youtube videos for strategies. Find your own makes the game more enjoyable.
    Here we go...

Also what do you mean by strategy. There is only one strategy. You block/evade and attack the weakspot/breakable parts. How you do it and with what PA's is what everyone does differently. In the videos i've watched they've used Sonic > RE > Nova. I use Sonic > Sonic > RE. If you're going to insult me then atleast make it constructive. Another post you made that doesn't make sense, lets see if you keep the streak up.

edit to your edit:

...Also tired of seeing these multiple times a day, why should you be able to easily beat a boss first try or have to use a specific equipment to beat it (high def). Makes no sense.
    I never mentioned any of that. The equipment i used was a 5 star sword with whatever armor that dropped at the time. Now i have rare 9's and stuff for looks. They're only better than 5 star equipment when you +10 them and i'm at around +7 since there is no real point in spending close to millions when there is a content release coming up very soon.
    Last edited by Silver Crow; Aug 25, 2012 at 08:12 PM.