Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
    死にてぇ奴だけ, かかってこい!! TetsuyaHikari's Avatar

Default Atm Pos Return (regarding AC purchases)

So, I just got two new statements on my bank account today regarding the purchases I made for AC back at the beginning of August. This was before I had to resort to using Webmoney to get AC. It reads, 'Atm Pos Return E-PAYMENT SERVICE TOKYO JP'. Does anybody have an idea as to what "Atm Pos Return" means?

I've never seen before. All I know is, the money I spent on the AC has been credited back to my account ($25.52 to be exact). What I'm basically wanting to know is at this point, is it safe for me to spend that money or are they going to come reclaim it again in the future?

I've been a little confused ever since I first purchased AC, but at least with Webmoney, it has been a less painful process and the money is taken out as soon as I make the purchase.

The same has happened to me as well.

Quote Originally Posted by TetsuyaHikari View Post
    Does anybody have an idea as to what "Atm Pos Return" means?
    Since we are talking about banks, they probably mean:

ATM = Automated Teller Machine
    POS = Point of Sale

That doesn't make much sense since these charges weren't done at an ATM or at point of sale. Does the internet count as point of sale? I guess it's just a way to say the money was returned.

As for why the money was returned, I'm not sure. It makes me very worried though.
    Quit PSO2

It seems like you got your money back and they are unlikely to come looking for it in the future due to the huge number of transactions they deal with. I don't think anything will happen to the money or your account unless you do it repeatedly. They will probably catch on and suspend your account.

Even if we get banned over this, I've got my money back so I'm not going to be crying too loudly.

Your money was returned... but did you get the AC? If you did, expect a visit from the Yakuza for stealing from SoJ.

PSO2-JP: Ship 2; Bouncer/Braver, Tiana Cross.

This also happened to me. In addition, it seems that foreign credit cards cannot even purchase the 500 AC bundles, as they could prior to when I noticed this.

No refund here, bought 3000AC at the end of July. Weird.

Beginning of foreign IP ban?

That aside, when did you guys get your AC and how did you get it? Was there a common card used among the refunded?

-Wayu

死にてぇ奴だけ, かかってこい!! TetsuyaHikari's Avatar

I still have the AC on my account from when I purchased it, but since this was an isolated incident, I don't think they will take action. It's one thing to do this unknowingly, but it's another thing entirely to exploit this for personal gain. I've already switched to Webmoney, so as long as they have on file that I made an effort to switch my payment plan, it should be okay.

The card I used was Mastercard, by the way.