Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default Other subclasses?

So far, the only subclass mentioned was Force for Hunter, with Hunters able to use techs. What other benefits could be gained from other subclasses, like -say- a Ranger with a Hunter subclass? Or Fighter with a Gunner subclass?

Well with subbing a Gunner/Ranger you could possibly (depending on how they implement it) get Weak bullet onto a hunter increasing their utility as one example.

Oh my god, if I had weak bullet on my hunter. . .
    Miranda F Newman Fighter (PSO2: NG) Ship 2
    ~Past Characters~
    DC PSO: Silhouette HUnewearl 100 » 102 (Ver.2)
    GC PSO: Silhouette HUnewearl 161 :: Za'leshea FOnewearl 172
    PSU: Eternia F Beast FF15 Lvl142(PC) :: Elemia F Cast GM20 lvl174(360)

Quote Originally Posted by Mystil View Post
    Oh my god, if I had weak bullet on my hunter. . .
    It wouldn't do you personally (massive emphasis on personally) too much good because if you switch your weapon from rifle to something else you lose all the "weak bullets" in the clip, so effectively you'd get one bullet only.
    P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget

Who knows if you'll even have enough points to get that far in the Ranger tree as a subclass, anyway?
    SERVERS DIE WHEN THEY ARE KILLED.

Quote Originally Posted by jooozek View Post
    It wouldn't do you personally (massive emphasis on personally) too much good because if you switch your weapon from rifle to something else you lose all the "weak bullets" in the clip, so effectively you'd get one bullet only.
    I can almost time your responses accurately.
    Miranda F Newman Fighter (PSO2: NG) Ship 2
    ~Past Characters~
    DC PSO: Silhouette HUnewearl 100 » 102 (Ver.2)
    GC PSO: Silhouette HUnewearl 161 :: Za'leshea FOnewearl 172
    PSU: Eternia F Beast FF15 Lvl142(PC) :: Elemia F Cast GM20 lvl174(360)

Depends how it's implemented.

From the data-mined info, adding a subclass wouldn't allow you to use the sub-class's weapons, but would allow you to use PAs of the sub-class's weapons if you could equip unique ones (partisan PAs on a Souleater, etc), and also the hotbar skills you'd unlocked in that class (weak bullet if you were Gunner or had a Bouquet rifle).

Of course, the mined data also said subbing a caster class didn't enable techs, which has been disproven in the "hunter/force will be HUnewearl" announcement.

The synergy will be difficult to predict until we know for sure what can and can't be done with a subclass. It looks like gunner/ranger will be even more OP if it can use both weak bullet and the PSP2-style chains. Fighter/gunner will be the fast attack melee powerhouse like Fighgunner was before Acrofighter and Fighmaster were introduced in PSU. Ranger/Hunter for heavy weapons like Protranser, with options for traps and perhaps a taunt synergy to lure enemies into your bombs. Hunter/techer will have its guard stance, which doesn't affect T-atk, and its buffed buffs, and turn into a Paladin kind of type.

Probably. Hopefully.

The only thing you can do is learn all the ins and outs of all the classes, and assemble your build accordingly. Hope for the best, and plan for the worst.

Looks like my speculation was right! Thank goodness they implemented this... it will feel like old PSO being a support RAnger or HUnter will actually be useful especially for the harder modes to come, RAnewearls ftw!
    PSO 2 Chararcters:
    Sniper Wolf- RA/HUnewearl main PHnewearl (current)Ship 02 (CBT participant)

Proud leader of Newearls Luv PP

as a new player to the pso genre... WHAT? force hunter? techs on hunters? someone enlighten me.. is this true... how does it work. what the fuck o.o

also if it was true i don't see how it's useful.. apart from the heal... i'd rather use partisan for aoe and sword for single target or something. i don't know.. feels messy

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Crow View Post
    as a new player to the pso genre... WHAT? force hunter? techs on hunters? someone enlighten me.. is this true... how does it work. what the fuck o.o

also if it was true i don't see how it's useful.. apart from the heal... i'd rather use partisan for aoe and sword for single target or something. i don't know.. feels messy
    It all depends on your play-style. If you prefer to stick with partisan, you could sub in force and not only get a regenerating heal, you would get shifta and deband (support abilities that increase attack and defense respectively).

I, however, will probably go with something like Techer/Hunter. That way, I can melee and tech with my wand, and have guard stance that significantly increases my S-Def but doesn't hurt my most important offensive stat, T-ATK (Guard stance only lowers S-ATK and R-ATK).

It depends though. If Techers can already hold their own on the front lines (meaning they don't die it two hits from the bigger boss monsters), I might just sub in Force for the extra offensive capabilities from the Force tree.
    Last edited by Jonth; Aug 30, 2012 at 06:05 PM.