Smile Pokemon and Technology

[Disclaimer: I haven't played much of Black/White, so there may be new stuff I'm not sure about]

Okay, so what are Pokemon made of? I've been playing these games for a long time, and even though they make it clear in their canon that there was the "First" named Arceus, and he made everything in the world [universe?] including Dialga, Palkia & Gigantor.

But this isn't about that.

Does anyone else think there is a great big hole in their stories? Pokemon are CLEARLY made of some sort of mechanical/electrical technology. Reasons below:

-Pokemon are stored in Pokeballs.

This is the biggest one for me. How is this possible, and why are these physics never questioned? The best theory is that Pokeballs collapse the pokemon's atoms, digitize them, and store them into the pokeball. This makes the most sense, but isn't this inhumane? It's like the theory of a teleporter - No one would ever teleport a human because you're essentially killing a human to create a carbon copy of that human elsewhere. If you were teleported - you yourself would be dead.

Solution: Pokemon are made of a technology that was created with the capabilities of being broken down and transferred to pokemon receptacles. Pokeballs are most likely charged like a battery in Pokecenters to keep their storage abilities intact.

-Pokemon can learn "Technical Machines" and "Hidden Machines."

TMs and HMs are discs that, when applied to a Pokemon, allow them to learn abilities they may or may not be able to naturally learn. I haven't even heard any theories on this - do any of you have some? It seems pretty self explanitory

Solution: Insert disc, install software.

-Trading Pokemon

Why can't people just give their pokemon to someone else? It has to be done as a "Trade" through some computerized medium. I also haven't heard any theories on this.

Solution: When a human becomes the owner of a Pokemon, they are identified to only that human and cannot take commands from others unless the ID changes in their coding. Pokemon have to be coded to latch on to you and only you unless digitally transferred to another owner, which changes their coding.

There are a few other things rolling around in my head, but these are the big ones. What do you all think? I think the Diamond/Pearl "histories" are full of archaic inaccuracies, because there are just so many holes now... Ever since I played Blue/Red, I thought pokemon were created by people with active imaginations, but now it's like they're legit animals that magically digitize themselves.

Thoughts? Am I crazy?
    Last edited by FOODFOOD; Sep 1, 2012 at 10:26 AM.

Kagajibaris are Dezorians Omega-z's Avatar

Well, a lot of thing are messed up in Pokemon Like how Arceus is the first by forgetting that Mew is the origin of all pokemon even Arceus and how Mew DNA is the building block's for Team Rocket to make Mewtwo. Even in the Cartoon the episode with Mt. moon the researcher thought pokemon came form space. I believe your right tho that they were made by some super advanced people, I think of a different world that made Mew and the other's the dimensional one's came form it, since those people could travel into those places and had power's/tech to back it up too. Also why they have space pokemon too. Also if you think about it the most powerful one's are those type's too. Oh and how the human attempts failed except for Mewtwo for many reasons and how Mewtwo did not, hidden knowledge of how they are made most likely embedded in the mind or DNA of Mew.

But remember too the story is pretty messed up since nintendo is try to keep the franchise alive longer then it should of been, and how it repeat's it's self so much. It's like a new thing every tri-group that comes out that is different .....altered Dimension's of the same thing perhaps with different histories?
    Last edited by Omega-z; Sep 1, 2012 at 02:31 PM.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

One day they're gonna run out of room for their regions, then say the game takes place on another planet.

Questioning ANYTHING from pokemon will only slowly dismantle your imagination and make your head implode. (HOW DO THEY KNOW WHAT A CAT TYPE POKEMON IS IF THEY DON'T HAVE CATS?! WHAT IS THAT STEAK MADE FROM?! WHY DON'T 10 YEAR OLDS GO TO SCHOOL????)

It IS interesting to read some fucked up stories snuck into the pokedex though.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Kagajibaris are Dezorians Omega-z's Avatar

^ I know, when people say it will melt your brain I think they ment Pokemon Story line. it'll Blow your brain's. Your right they would do something corny as that and say that there the first and ..bah..bah.abh. and have some evil space race to destroy them.

Whenever I pictured how pokemon go into pokeballs I always imagined them shrinking and there being a little environment inside the pokeball for them to live in until they are called out.

And I always pictured TMs or HMs as teaching videos on discs or something similar to that

As for trading pokemon, that one is a little more complicated because then the pokemon kinda seems like it's brainwashed into wanting to be with it's new trainer haha...

That's my justification for it though

Quote Originally Posted by Omega-z View Post
    Well, a lot of thing are messed up in Pokemon Like how Arceus is the first by forgetting that Mew is the origin of all pokemon even Arceus and how Mew DNA is the building block's for Team Rocket to make Mewtwo. Even in the Cartoon the episode with Mt. moon the researcher thought pokemon came form space. I believe your right tho that they were made by some super advanced people, I think of a different world that made Mew and the other's the dimensional one's came form it, since those people could travel into those places and had power's/tech to back it up too. Also why they have space pokemon too. Also if you think about it the most powerful one's are those type's too. Oh and how the human attempts failed except for Mewtwo for many reasons and how Mewtwo did not, hidden knowledge of how they are made most likely embedded in the mind or DNA of Mew.

But remember too the story is pretty messed up since nintendo is try to keep the franchise alive longer then it should of been, and how it repeat's it's self so much. It's like a new thing every tri-group that comes out that is different .....altered Dimension's of the same thing perhaps with different histories?
    All good info here. I've always thought that Red/Blue's story makes the most sense. It seems like the more they try to add to the "history," the more of a hole they dig. They didn't try to hide the technological aspect of Pokemon in Red/Blue, and they even flat out admitted that MewTwo was, in a sense, biologically engineered. It's as if Pokemon came from a more technologically advanced situation, and the humans in Red/Blue are just starting to understand that technology.

I wish I could find it, but I found a meme once that detailed a huge nuclear war/apocalypse where humans eventually were able to engineer incredible beings to fight for them and were used as weapons. The world was all but destroyed with only a few survivors. it cuts to a hundred years later, and Ash Ketchum receives his first pokemon. Wish I could find that meme...

On another note, I'm on the SS Anne in Leaf Green right now, and I just realized that the chefs are cooking Salmon. I wonder what Salmon is for them? Maybe there are real animals and there are Pokemon, but animals are legit living things, but Pokemon are not. Animals can't fit into Pokeballs
    Last edited by FOODFOOD; Sep 2, 2012 at 10:46 AM.

Adding another aside:

Voltorb.

RUBY'S DESCRIPTION: VOLTORB was first sighted at a company that manufactures POKé BALLS. The link between that sighting and the fact that this POKéMON looks very similar to a POKé BALL remains a mystery.

SAPHIRE'S DESCRIPTION: VOLTORB is extremely sensitive - it explodes at the slightest of shocks. It is rumored that it was first created when a POKé BALL was exposed to a powerful pulse of energy.

That rumor is the kind of stuff I want to hear about. It almost sounds like Pokemon were created from digital radiation.

Quote Originally Posted by FOODFOOD View Post
    Solution: Insert disc, install software.
    While I don't necessarily agree or disagree with the points already brought up in this thread, I'd like to point out that characters in the PSO/PSU universes work the exact same way. Find a Foie Disk and your character can now throw fireballs.

Is your Human mechanical? Maybe...

(Funny enough, in PSO, Casts were the only race unable to use Disks...)
    Last edited by Slidikins; Sep 4, 2012 at 09:35 AM.
    How can I possibly put a new idea into your heads, if I do not first remove your delusions?

Quote Originally Posted by Slidikins View Post
    While I don't necessarily agree or disagree with the points already brought up in this thread, I'd like to point out that characters in the PSO/PSU universes work the exact same way. Find a Foie Disk and your character can now throw fireballs.

Is your Human mechanical? Maybe...

(Funny enough in PSO Casts were the only race unable to use Disks...)
    Ha! I hadn't thought about that! At least in PSO, however, they leave the world vague enough that this could work. The PSO world is incredibly futuristic, so this is a good possibility.
    In Pokemon, the time and amount of technology is too ambiguous. It almost seems like they were just a normal civilization about like ours that just "inherited" Pokemon and their technology.