Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Yeah it's definitely nice to have all the text in a language I actually understand. Hope they keep the western servers fairly close to what's on offer in the JP version.

The supposive Gaijin Hero EvilMag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flame View Post
    gamesradar posted some footage of the demo build

http://www.gamesradar.com/phantasy-s...antasy-online/

not gonna lie, it's great to see the game in english and if I were an outsider I'd say the game looks like great fun.
    Looks like they are just using the fanmade English Patch..
    Quote Originally Posted by CelestialBlade View Post
    Bit off-topic, but I'm just sick and tired of "difficulty" meaning "stat boosts". It's lazy and boring.

lol I was about to say. It doesn't look much different than what we already have with the fan-made patch.

I'm still glad the game is getting a US/EU release, but whether or not I switch from JP will largely depend on how far behind they'll be on updates. To be honest, I was going to stay on JP regardless, but now that SoJ is refusing to take our CCs and we have to use alternative sources with mark ups, that's starting to make me reconsider.
    PSO2
    Mikura: Female Human - Hunter 40/Ranger 29
    Lilith: Female Newman - Force 4
    Ship 2: Block 42

Personal blog: http://theslackerslounge.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Mikura View Post
    lol I was about to say. It doesn't look much different than what we already have with the fan-made patch.

I'm still glad the game is getting a US/EU release, but whether or not I switch from JP will largely depend on how far behind they'll be on updates. To be honest, I was going to stay on JP regardless, but now that SoJ is refusing to take our CCs and we have to use alternative sources with mark ups, that's starting to make me reconsider.
    others have said they'd be fine with a couple months. So would I! If it was 2 months behind i'd be on US version. If it was 4 months behind I might. But it'll most likely release at the same place JP PSO2 released and if that happens and US is 9-12 months behind then I'm staying on JP :|

(btw i meant my main account. I'll still play on US occasionally to support the US version and play with friends on there)
    So long Xbox servers! Hello JP PSU, Infinity, and PSO2!

JP PSU: Samus Aran lvl 180/20 GM

The issue is, half the time a lot of the content in patches is themed. So unless you're all expecting bikinis 2 months after summer, it's more likely you'll get a delay of 1 year for a lot of stuff.

Gate open!
    A place so far away yet so close at hand...

Quote Originally Posted by EvilMag View Post
    Looks like they are just using the fanmade English Patch..
    wait really? It's just nice seeing things like Hilda the operator saying " We got rockbear readings out there. Look sharp, people"

It has a nice localized flavor. Is that from the fan patch as well?

wait really? It's just nice seeing things like Hilda the operator saying " We got rockbear readings out there. Look sharp, people"

It has a nice localized flavor. Is that from the fan patch as well?
    Yes. Latest patch, they translated all the field communications you see pop-up during combat. Well, I think it's all of them anyway.

Also, on the subject of content. I'd be fine waiting longer for themed items since it only makes sense they come out during the appropriate time of year. I was referring more to lvl caps, new areas, new classes, new weapons and armor, etc. All the aesthetic stuff like bikinis and dresses and "gag" weapons can wait to be honest. As long as we get the real meat and potatoes of the game released in a timely matter, then I'll seriously consider switching over.
    PSO2

Gate open!
    A place so far away yet so close at hand...

Quote Originally Posted by Mikura View Post
    Yes. Latest patch, they translated all the field communications you see pop-up during combat. Well, I think it's all of them anyway.
    Okay but is this the same translation exactly? Word for word? That's what I'm asking.

Are you the sickest dude? Lumpen Thingy's Avatar

Okay but is this the same translation exactly? Word for word? That's what I'm asking.
    pretty much

More or less. The only thing we'll really benefit from the US/EU release is understanding the matterboard story quests without having to go through the trouble of researching it online.
    PSO2