Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation Stat / Output reduction bug needs help reporting

Hello, I'd like to make more widely known a bug that may and seems to have slipped under most's radar.

Before or as you look, please understand what you are about to view:

This is a bug that takes place when your character receives a buff of offense (or defense if it all follows the same pattern and I ever feel up to testing) and upon changing/equipping a different item that makes the character flash for a load time, you will note that you are now penalized with a reduction in your stats and offensive/defensive output(respective).

Many will view but not watch the entire, as expected, but I would like to clear some assumptions before they pop up.

1.) Costumes(lol) currently do not have stat enhancement features.
    2.) This is not Female only.
    3.) This does not only happen with costumes, when you reach 3:33 in the video you will see it does the exact same effects as changing costumes when I switch WEAPONS instead.
    4.) This is not Newman or Fleshy only.
    5.) As it all seems percentage based, this reduction in output might seem minor now with our small stat pool. Do not assume this is or will stay minor.
    6.) This is not Force only.

--------------------------------Quick Notes--------------------------------------------
    * If you use a drink boost and do the above, your normal stats will only return when you either abandon the mission to manually cancel the drink's boost effect or until the drink's duration automatically wears over time.
    * If you do not use a drink, but use a Technique, your stats may return on a re-cast. Your stats WILL return if you abandon mission, exit campship, or consume a drink.
    * Once penalized, a re-cast of the Buff Technique will restore your stats to normal, but your output will still be slightly less than what your maximum is supposed to be.

I don't want to be long-winded, so I wish to end here with my request and main purpose for the thread.

If you're out there and get to read this, view the video, and have the capability to assist with reporting the bug to our Japanese dev team before this stretches any further... OR can offer a statement in Japanese relative to this bug to copy/paste and a link for me, and/or many others looking to see this taken care of, to where specifically to write said report... I... WEEEEE would be uber thankful!

'til then.. I will glady offer any answers to questions about this that I may have discovered.

I earned this 300 resta with a 5* and I want it to stay that way when I decide to switch to and from Talis!

Thank you all very much for your time~
    Last edited by dablacksephiroth; Sep 3, 2012 at 02:27 PM.

Ah Didn't know about the clothes one since I don't carry more than one set.
    TA vids coming soonsies

when clothes/weapon switching, did you figure out anyway to restore your original 300 resta? Or, was it all downhill? Also, have you tried attacking something a few times getting an average and weapon/clothes switching 10+ times then attacking same type monster and comparing averages? I'm curious to know if it affects offensive tech or even ranged and striking attacks for that matter. Once more question; I saw the whole video but i cant remember if you did a resta sans shifta to see if the change was nerfing shifta or your t-attack

Kagajibaris are Dezorians Omega-z's Avatar

I think many know about it. And the defensive buff's do the same thing. Didn't know about the clothes thing but did know about weapons and armors dropping the stat's. So it seems if anything that you switch that can be equip. drop's the stat's. You should try your Mag out to see if it does it too. But yeah the closer your to 1K in any stat you notice the drop. Yeah I could see it being bigger later and far worse.

That too I've heard that the Active Skill's don't reflect correctly either, maybe the same bug?

It would be nice if someone could also report the Cetus-Proi photon blast, it seems to sometimes activate infinite PP...
    P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget

I fail at reading.

Well only happens when you're buffed.

For a sec there, I thought it happened no matter what.
    Last edited by Mystil; Sep 3, 2012 at 12:32 PM.
    Miranda F Newman Fighter (PSO2: NG) Ship 2
    ~Past Characters~
    DC PSO: Silhouette HUnewearl 100 » 102 (Ver.2)
    GC PSO: Silhouette HUnewearl 161 :: Za'leshea FOnewearl 172
    PSU: Eternia F Beast FF15 Lvl142(PC) :: Elemia F Cast GM20 lvl174(360)

AFAIK it is known be SEGA. I think their advice was to just let your buf run out and when you re-cast it, it will be right for that weapon.

is this techs only? resta only? still happen with offensive tech? all weapons?

Quote Originally Posted by shadowspike3 View Post
    when clothes/weapon switching, did you figure out anyway to restore your original 300 resta? Or, was it all downhill? Also, have you tried attacking something a few times getting an average and weapon/clothes switching 10+ times then attacking same type monster and comparing averages? I'm curious to know if it affects offensive tech or even ranged and striking attacks for that matter. Once more question; I saw the whole video but i cant remember if you did a resta sans shifta to see if the change was nerfing shifta or your t-attack
    Ah yes, I'll edit this in the original post. The change is not permanent. Please see original post, now, sorry. ;D

Quote Originally Posted by jooozek View Post
    It would be nice if someone could also report the Cetus-Proi photon blast, it seems to sometimes activate infinite PP...
    Nuuuu! But it's sooo fun! lol
    Granted... it's been a WHILE now since I've had this happen again. Only had it twice in my time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystil View Post
    I fail at reading.

Well only happens when you're buffed.

For a sec there, I thought it happened no matter what.
    Shoot! Heh, guess ya saw right between them lines I was tryin' to hide. lmao. See.. if I had mentioned it was only from buffs right away, less eyes would pay no mind. <3

Quote Originally Posted by eharima View Post
    is this techs only? resta only? still happen with offensive tech? all weapons?
    Not tech only. Not resta only. In the video I only demonstrated Resta because Resta is a static output. It always stays the same according to your current T-Atk. But yes, since your stats drop, all offensive stats (if using any type of Shifta), this affects Striking damage, Ranged damage, and Offensive Tech damage. Also as one person said above, I did notice, as you're closer to 1k in stat, that's when the player starts to see this happening. So I stated "After level 35" for the other classes.
    Last edited by dablacksephiroth; Sep 3, 2012 at 02:35 PM.

Kagajibaris are Dezorians Omega-z's Avatar

Actually Sega's advice is not very good since your locked for 30 mins if you use the EX drinks. It would be one thing if it was just Shifta and Deband but it's not, It goes for all buff's and some last a lot longer then 1 minute. This need's to be "Fix", Oh clothes being a equitable is most likely from the idea that clothes and part's had stat's on them during Alpha 1st.