Page 426 of 430 FirstFirst ... 326376416423424425426427428429 ... LastLast
Results 4,251 to 4,260 of 4299

Wait, what?
    If IW procs, LBI doesn't.
    And if you are alone and die you gotta do the quest all over again. How the hell is having a bit lower dps for a while worse than wasting time and resources having to do a solo XQ run a 2nd time cause you died?

Quote Originally Posted by mother clusterfck View Post
    Wait, what?
    If IW procs, LBI doesn't.
    And if you are alone and die you gotta do the quest all over again. How the hell is having a bit lower dps for a while worse than wasting time and resources having to do a solo XQ run a 2nd time cause you died?
    Basically LBI is veeeery content sensitive. It's generally insanely good in all solo content and death counter quests (dragon rematch, forest trigger and so on). But 20s of extra LB cooldown + subsequent cooldown desync between MH and LB is a hefty price to play in a mpa, especially when you consider the possibility of a cumulative penalty should you fuck up and IW gods are looking the other way.
    Additionally LBI is quite stupid in the sense that its priority is above Atra EX/Lumiere potential. as in normally IW procs > if not Atra EX/Lum procs turns into IW procs > if not LBI procs, giving you the full blunt of the penalty > should you die while not in LB, then Atra EX/Lum procs.

LBI is both a good and a bad skill. I ironically ended up making one tree with and one tree without due to the aforementioned issues.
    Last edited by Zephyrion; Jan 21, 2019 at 01:15 PM.

Hmm...
    Still, that's a very niche situation. In an mpa you don't always get revived straight away, especially during boss fights when you are most likely to use LB.
    And Atra Ex and Lumi only revive you once so they don't factor in very much either.
    And in some quests people die a lot so everyone is more careful to not waste their few remaining moons and waits before reviving anyone.

Also niche situations but you lose only a little if you have LBI and could have done without but lose a lot if you don't have LBI when you need it.

I wouldn't suggest skipping LBI unless you get 1 more tree over every other fi tree you want to use (e.g. one with and one without chase) and then only using the tree if you run with several people you know will revive you instantly.

LBI is for the casual FI's, take the info from what Zeph said too. A lot of the top tier FI players dont use it and even the above average dont use LBI either. If youre still learning FI and boss patterns, grab it other wise dont, no sense in dropping DPS and even in mpas majority of people have moons but whether they choose to revive you or not doesnt weigh in on a must have LBI need

In other words just get good
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by mother clusterfck View Post
    Hmm...
    Still, that's a very niche situation. In an mpa you don't always get revived straight away, especially during boss fights when you are most likely to use LB.
    And Atra Ex and Lumi only revive you once so they don't factor in very much either.
    And in some quests people die a lot so everyone is more careful to not waste their few remaining moons and waits before reviving anyone.

Also niche situations but you lose only a little if you have LBI and could have done without but lose a lot if you don't have LBI when you need it.

I wouldn't suggest skipping LBI unless you get 1 more tree over every other fi tree you want to use (e.g. one with and one without chase) and then only using the tree if you run with several people you know will revive you instantly.
    While I agree with most points above, the Atra EX/Lum one is actually huge. Considering the duration of most seasonals and raids, you generally don't die or die once as FI unless you're very unlucky or have trouble fighting a specific boss. Those weapons give you a freebie death while healing you to full and giving you a consequent period of invul, while LBI literally cucks your 20% multiplier and crazy heart/beat for the exact one same mistake,bypassing said freebie in the process. It's honestly quite a big deal if you invest into those as your choice weapons.

At the end of the day it's purely a choice and as I've mentioned, there is nothing wrong with taking LBI as it's quite handy in the right situations. my post was meant to highlight the fact it has drawbacks that you need to take into account before choosing whether you skill it or not, unlike most of the other lv85 skills that are straight buffs that you can just skill without a second thought
    Last edited by Zephyrion; Jan 26, 2019 at 08:13 PM.

I'm having trouble finding Fi/Hu skill trees to look at, anyone got one they could share or link me to?

Norco   Prins Erik    RA-421

Quote Originally Posted by Norco View Post
    I'm having trouble finding Fi/Hu skill trees to look at, anyone got one they could share or link me to?
    For the basics: Fi/Hu skill tree

For extra skill points, depending your preferences :

- Fi tree : just drop points into Striking UP 2&3, but you can consider D Saber Wind Parrying (easier to use with the Slow Fi Action ring), and eventually 1 point on Chase Advance.
    - Hu tree : Max Never Give UP, Automate Halfline (10 points or nothing), Flash Guard, Striking UP, more points into step advance
    "Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than hell itself... that is coffee."
    - Godot, Ace Attorney 3

That helps a lot, thank you!

Norco   Prins Erik    RA-421

Quote Originally Posted by TheFanaticViper View Post
    For the basics: Fi/Hu skill tree

For extra skill points, depending your preferences :

- Fi tree : just drop points into Striking UP 2&3, but you can consider D Saber Wind Parrying (easier to use with the Slow Fi Action ring), and eventually 1 point on Chase Advance.
    - Hu tree : Max Never Give UP, Automate Halfline (10 points or nothing), Flash Guard, Striking UP, more points into step advance
    dont take it personal but almost nobody uses DS Wind Parrying skill anymore, theres no reason to when you have PA's to parry for you (Acro Effect for one) and its also a wasted slot on your DS PA palette too
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers