Page 387 of 430 FirstFirst ... 287337377384385386387388389390397 ... LastLast
Results 3,861 to 3,870 of 4299

Quote Originally Posted by Hrith View Post
    Quick March and Wild Rhapsody Type 0 are not amazing DPS. Prefer Shoot Polka, Fall Nocturne and Orchestra.
    mmmm no

Spoiler!

Numbers that do not take anything but damage (this is not DPS, contrary to what it says) into account = not convincing, let alone sufficient to prove me wrong.

Shoot Polka into Fall Nocturne is the fastest combo to kill bosses against which it works (Fall Nocturne will bounce off the top of some bosses and hit once instead of four). Quick March only has on-paper DPS, like Starling Fall and the likes, but it's not very useful.

Numbers that do not take anything but damage (this is not DPS, contrary to what it says) into account = not convincing, let alone sufficient to prove me wrong.

Shoot Polka into Fall Nocturne is the fastest combo to kill bosses against which it works (Fall Nocturne will bounce off the top of some bosses and hit once instead of four). Quick March only has on-paper DPS, like Starling Fall and the likes, but it's not very useful.
    As you know, Combat with Twin Daggers means staying in the air; hence a three-dimensional approach where a target can be above or below a player at times. The nature of twin daggers makes it so that gap closers are important to retain DPS as well as positioning. It is my favorite weapon in the game next to wands. I like that twin daggers have a learning curve to them. ^_^
    PSO-2 Info: Ship: 2; ID: セツナヤキ; MCN: ケイリン
    "If you want a bridge between past, present, and future, search for the void and awaken it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Keilyn View Post
    The nature of twin daggers makes it so that gap closers are important to retain DPS as well as positioning. It is my favorite weapon in the game next to wands. I like that twin daggers have a learning curve to them. ^_^
    I originally started playing Fighter and TD because of Karen Erra from PSU, but it's legitimately become my favorite classes due to all that goes on with Twin Daggers. Having to position myself and keep myself from hitting the ground again is almost like a little minigame in itself. It's definitely a fun class.

Symphonic Drive lifts higher, why Shoot Polka?
    >Heavy Hammer
    >get blow off by an Oodan

Quote Originally Posted by nguuuquaaa View Post
    Symphonic Drive lifts higher, why Shoot Polka?
    Wouldn't getting the max height from Symphonic require you to be kickbacked away from your target and move you out of range for Nocturne? Or is Nocturne's range that huge?

Also what bosses would be better to Shoot > Nocturne over Rhapsody > Orchestra if it's really all that?
    Spoiler!

[Ship 02]
    ID: Shadowstarkirby
    Character: Dial
    Classes: Hr, Fi/Hu, Hu/Fi, Br/Hu, Bo/Hu, Ra/Hu, Gu/Hu, Te/Fi, Su/Fi, Fo/Te

Pretty much bouncing on everything that was said, but yeah TDs are one of the very few weapons that have numerous useful PAs.

Shoot Polka vs Quick march never has really been relevant because one is for height gaining, the other for engaging/ gear building. Same for Orchestra vs Wild Rhapsody : one is for the long parry window frames, the other for movement TAJA. In terms of raw damage, the difference between these PAs is minor, so getting optimal damage is more about using them in the right situations.
    Shoot Polka > Fall Nocturne IS the strongest combo when it works, but Quick March/Wild Rhapsody >Orchestra/Quick March while being less strong, can maximize parry window to keep dishing on damage where Nocturne would be blown away/wouldn't work, so Quick March IS also useful. At the end of the day, It all comes down to the player's preference when it comes to TDs since 3/4 of the PAs have excellent DPS, and you can use any of them as long as you keep your gear, TAJAs and weak point hitting and avoid getting knocked out.
    Last edited by Zephyrion; Aug 16, 2016 at 05:17 PM.

Quick March -> Fall Nocturne is much more preferred for me since it's more DPS than Shoot Polka -> Fall Nocturne. Although, you may need to use Polka for slightly more height against certain bosses for which QM alone wouldn't be enough. Hell, QM->SP->FN is great against some bosses as well. Bosses that have long enough hitboxes are where height gaining PAs + FN shine for consistent full FN hits.

Wild Rhapsody -> Orchestra is a good balance between DPP, DPS, movement, guard frames, and keeping your height constant.

To start, I have like 10 skill reset passes, so that is no issue.

Currently looking into:

http://arks-layer.com/skillsim/skill...00000lo000000j

Is there any glaring thing I should change, besides Automate Halfline. My fighter is 75, Hunter is still 51. I just feel.. off. I do not die much anymore, still do but I feel there is something that I can do to vastly improve by changing it.

Quote Originally Posted by AtheistPeace View Post
    To start, I have like 10 skill reset passes, so that is no issue.

Currently looking into:

http://arks-layer.com/skillsim/skill...00000lo000000j

Is there any glaring thing I should change, besides Automate Halfline. My fighter is 75, Hunter is still 51. I just feel.. off. I do not die much anymore, still do but I feel there is something that I can do to vastly improve by changing it.
    Hunter tree is alright, don't touch anything in it for now (Automate for FI is not as useful because LB, but you don't have that many useful skills to spend your points aside from Fury critical for specific builds, or striking up skills)
    For FI tree, don't Brave Critical unless you're running something specific and pour them into Limit break and Slayers for a pure Brave + Limit Break build
    If you're ready to sacrifice some power to be more versatile, you can put those points into wise stance lv 10 (remember some bosses are very mobile/will prioritize other players as far as hate goes : when that happens, wise stance will allow you to retain some damage whithout chasing their faces. Also useful for PD/Elder EQs where your position on the platform dictates the stance you need to use)
    Last edited by Zephyrion; Aug 17, 2016 at 03:17 AM.