Page 382 of 430 FirstFirst ... 282332372379380381382383384385392 ... LastLast
Results 3,811 to 3,820 of 4299

Quote Originally Posted by Great Pan View Post
    To reiterate on what others said, the build in this URL sacrifices alot of great passives and skills in exchange for a raw stat boost passives that won't even do that much on their own with stuff like Hu's JA Bonuses. While raw stats are nice and all, they need multipliers to amplify their output, Which this build generally lacks. All it will accomplish is make you consider buying a reset or skill tree to re-do it away.

Use the skill tree supplied by nquuuquaaa instead and save yourself a headache and some money.

Edit: As much as I personally dislike automate, there is no way in hell I'd advise Flash Guarda nd other damage reduction passives over it as they are generally a bad pick regardless of build, automate is defense in any scenario where as Flash Guard doesn't cover defense against all 3 damage types until you spend 30 SP.

So even sharing Shiyo's stance on automate, I gotta say if you want some defense pick automate and ditch anything Flash Guard.
    Last edited by Daku; Aug 2, 2016 at 09:31 PM.

New players should never pick automate because it just makes them get bad playing habits and will make them essentially never improve or get good. They'll have this crutch that auto-heals them so they just completely ignore certain boss mechanics outright and never learn how certain things work or that they should avoid/just guard x attack because automate lets them bypass that entirely.

At least flash guard doesn't do that, it just lets you not die in 1hit and not be a moon magnet..iron is good for that too. 25% chance of it failing means you won't just outright ignore bosses attacks because there's a chance you can actually die.

But I'm not arguing over it or anything, I'm just saying fuck automate please remove from game thanks.
    Last edited by Shiyo; Aug 3, 2016 at 12:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post
    New players should never pick automate because it just makes them get bad playing habits and will make them essentially never improve or get good. They'll have this crutch that auto-heals them so they just completely ignore certain boss mechanics outright and never learn how certain things work or that they should avoid/just guard x attack because automate lets them bypass that entirely.

At least flash guard doesn't do that, it just lets you not die in 1hit and not be a moon magnet..iron is good for that too. 25% chance of it failing means you won't just outright ignore bosses attacks because there's a chance you can actually die.

But I'm not arguing over it or anything, I'm just saying fuck automate please remove from game thanks.
    I'm not talking about Automate anymore outside of this post cause this isn't the proper place for that can of worms as you already know. Hell, Fi/Hu shouldn't even be using Automate because it has nearly no synergy with it's best skills.

What you're saying makes sense, it really does, but the fact of the matter is that the game doesn't reward skilled play to warrant not taking Automate. I mean, sure, by not having Automate, you'll definitely be forced to dodge more and avoid damage, which sounds good in theory because you learn enemy behavior, but it's just that statistically speaking, you're doing worse because now you're forced to dodge attacks, effectively reducing your DPS or you'll be killed. If I had to choose reducing striking and shooting damage (no technique damage reduction whatsoever, mind you) by 25% or whatever vs. just having an auto heal that recovers my health every time I lost 50% of it, the auto heal wins hands down. Maybe during something like Profound Darkness or Solo XQ I'd say that maybe having Flash Guards would be helpful because there are now enemies that 100-0 you thus making Automate useless, but if my enemies are hitting as hard as that, I'd be dodging those attacks regardless, with or without Automate because those attacks would still be dangerous, so even then, not a good allocation of your skill points.

Even if it Automates breeds bad habits, which is not entirely true because many people don't like getting flinched, launched, knocked down, juggled, and having their mates drained, it's just kind of an essential thing to have if you know what you're doing and want to keep up with others in terms of DPS. You should just embrace the brokenness of the skill like the rest of the other ones; the Weak Bullets, the Chain Triggers, the Compound Techniques...

It's really Sega's call to bring such skills in line, until then, Automate is just the way to go for every /Hu combination but Fi/Hu, and I'd even argue it's an absolute necessity for Hu/Fi. Balance just isn't how it should be, unfortunately.
    Last edited by Shadowstarkirby; Aug 3, 2016 at 02:40 AM.
    Spoiler!

[Ship 02]
    ID: Shadowstarkirby
    Character: Dial
    Classes: Hr, Fi/Hu, Hu/Fi, Br/Hu, Bo/Hu, Ra/Hu, Gu/Hu, Te/Fi, Su/Fi, Fo/Te

So question is that the Gail Vis donors dbl saber can get me 90% critical but I saw the new double cannon changes . If i were to go for the double cannons i would drop down to 65% critical . Which one is better in the long run.

The assumption that Automate makes people not git gud because they won't bother dodging/parrying is a false one. Nobody likes getting hit. The skill is just there so if you do get hit, you'll get punished less.

BTW I have both Iron Will and Automate. Nothing else worthwhile to put those skill points in. +75 atk? Wow it's fucking nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by TimelessDbz View Post
    So question is that the Gail Vis donors dbl saber can get me 90% critical but I saw the new double cannon changes . If i were to go for the double cannons i would drop down to 65% critical . Which one is better in the long run.
    That extra crit is ~4.6% increase in damage total, assuming you have Critical Strike (you do, of course). However note that when the weapon pot says "short range", it means it. You have to be really close to the enemy for the bonus to count.

In the long run, I'd say Double Cannon is better. Or just farm for an Austere.

As a former Gale Vis user, I say go for the Double Cannon. You'll probably find that you would be doing less damage overall because of how limited the range is with Gryphon weapons. Also, your critical rate will be 70% with 5% base + 25% Fury Critical + 25% Brave Critical and +15% from Critical Strike.

I'd pick Ray and Seiga DS over the Gale as well. A 30 element Double Cannon with potential level 3 will beat a 60 element Gale that is not within range, so there's that as well. To lose out on Chaos Riser damage most of the time is the greatest negative when dealing with the Gale. Charged Deadly Archer on certain bosses are also something to consider.

Farm for an Austere if you really enjoy Double Sabers, you really won't regret it.

What does the Austere dbl saber do and what does the Ray dbl saber do? I can't find info on it

Sabers
    Austere +12% damage, +10% PP regen from attacks
    Ray +10% damage dealt, -5% damage received, -10% PP cost for PA

Austere pot is +12% damage and +10% passive PP regen, not regen from attack.
    >Heavy Hammer
    >get blow off by an Oodan