Page 101 of 430 FirstFirst ... 51919899100101102103104111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 4299

Double Saber is a Fighter's primary armament. It's your single-target destroyer with Deadly Archer, and the gear provides you with some AoE. As a FI, I probably use my Double Saber 70% of the time, possibly more.

Daggers have two uses: Killing flying enemies who are otherwise difficult for melee to reach, and striking elevated boss weakpoints which are otherwise difficult for melee to reach. They are your aerial armament.

Aside from the ubiquitous knuckle-dash, knuckles are good for dealing heavy damage to slow or stationary single targets like Vardha's core (using Flash Thousand) or for linear AoE (charged Straight Charge). They are also a utility weapon in that they provide you a convenient stunning attack (Quake Howling) and a convenient pop-up attack (Slide Uppercut) which are useful for dealing with certain obnoxious enemies (Krabahda, I choose you!) or for bailing out a comrade who has a temporary brainless moment and gets grabbed by Gwanahda (Gwan is stunnable when he grabs someone).

Of course, for the linear AoE purpose, I generally prefer to just go FI/HU and carry a Lambda Aristin for Sonic Arrow spam.
    Ship 2:
    Katarin: GUmarl. Lethal precision with a whimsical streak
    "Save the day and look good doing it. That's what this job is all about!"

Alessandra: FInewearl. A hyperkinetic, photon-fueled mayhem machine.
    "Oho! I actually felt that! You must be pretty strong!."

Quote Originally Posted by kabutozero View Post
    Lols , so only double sabers are good for bosses ? other weapons for mobs?

Ye true I asked for a slave build but that was so long ago lollss , still my ranger is higher in priority over my fighter , but I find it a nice class still
    Daggers make for a good side-arm when you need to defeat airborne enemies or break boss parts that would be difficult to break with double saber s (such as the back horn of vol dragon).

I think every class benefits from having a good side-arm, however niche a role it may play.

Quote Originally Posted by SociableTyrannosaur View Post
    You do realize the reason people call you a troll is that your arguments really do contradict the experiences of most others. Furthermore, your supporting evidence whenever is does involve numbers is always heavily skewed to support your argument to the point that it touches on the impossible(high level character with 1* equipment, no affixes and no set bonuses?...wut?). Even telling people to focus on defense seems silly when cheap armor maxed out will let someone survive a direct hit from a lvl 60 infection 3 Rigshryda. I wouldn't say defense should be ignored, obviously, but to advise people to forego high damage output to be able to take 4-5 hits instead of 3 is asinine.

Also no one that I've seen blindly agrees with anyone. The most common posters in the guide section have no qualms with voicing other views when they have them. It just so happens there are certain things that we all have accepted as being optimal choices for "traditional" builds.

If you want to argue for something that you disagree with the majority on(going back to your feeling that fury stance>brave stance.) You need to provide compelling evidence that doesn't scream personal bias. I mean you showed Brave stance doing 14% damage more than an attack with no stance at all. It's actually kind of insulting to put that kind of info out and not expect anyone to call bullshit.

Anyway you're entitled to your opinion and your play style, but a lot of your "facts" are just plain bad data and if you want to be taken seriously in these discussions, you should probably rethink how you get your numbers and try to remember that the skills and/or builds that we recommend are looking specifically at current end game, where people have respectable gear. It's really not wise to invest your SP assuming you're going to be using the same gear from lvl 1 to lvl 55.
    He went on some long tirade about how we're unable to admit anyone else can be different, yet if you look at the post he replied to it's just me saying...
    Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    Honestly Hrith, people call you a troll constantly because of exactly this. Literally everyone else's experience with the game is apparently entirely different from yours. If you don't like it don't use it. It's as easy as that. We are telling you how and when we use it, then how it benefits us, and you keep going "derp derp that's not what happens." Well, then you're the only person in the game who sees anything that differently, and that must be really frustrating. Sorry. The rest of us are fine with it.

The bonus with both stances to 5 and both stance ups to 10 is 38% for brave and 62.5% for wise. The bonus with both stances to 10 and both stance ups to 10 is 44% for brave and 69% for wise.
    Yeah that's definitely me saying we can do no wrong and he is wrong and he should do things our way. In between where I said he shouldn't use it if he doesn't like it, and that he's the only person here who says these things. Which he is.

Also the part where he immediately left a thread when I brought better, more accurate numbers to the "discussion," as usual, was pretty goddamn hilarious and demonstrates quite a bit about him.

Oh, and, might I add, it's impossible for brave stance to do exactly 14% bonus damage. Proof: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...ml&widget=true
    You either get 12%, 15%, or more. Full stop. Either he didn't do crit testing, he didn't make certain he hit the same hitbox, or he pulled numbers out of his ass.

Ignoring the whole Brave vs Fury war, advocating full-on defense in this game is a waste of time. Personal preference be damned. Most attacks that will probably hit you are not 1 or 2 hit KOs. The ones that are... most are so telegraphed you really need to be asleep (or just not care) to get hit. Sometimes it's as easy as just walking, not just timing evades or Just Guard.

Skills that are more "oh shit" survival (Iron Wall, Automade x-line) rather than pure defensive (Flash Guard, Guard Stance) are great for a rainy day. Everyone gets hit sooner or later. Not enough to be killed outright.

If, after all that, you WANT to use defensive skills... sure. Feel free. But advocating it to newbies will result in bitching about how they were given bad advice and can't respec. I would compare it to telling a Force to invest in the Ice tree or telling a Ranger to ignore Weak Bullet.

HU-36 FI-48 RA-50 GU-50 FO-35 TE-36

Hypothetically speaking if you were to play a half line slayer FI/GU with automate deadline and have only monomates, would you be able to maintain half line slayer bonus constantly? At least, for a large portion of the time? Since a monomate only heals for about 1/4 of your hp, taking it wouldn't necessarily ruin the half line slayer bonus, which activates once your hp is at 1/2.

Just curious as to how this would play out in practice.

It's really, really doubtful. I like the idea on paper, but man. The slayer skills are the ones that needed a kickass 40% gain, not chase advance.

The numbers you need to know are...
    Halfline Slayer kicks in at 50% hp
    Deadline Slayer kicks in at 25% hp
    Automate Deadline kicks in at 25% hp
    Monomates heal 30% hp

So, unless you want to dance that line of always taking hits to bring you to 19% or less HP for a mere 100 SATK & RATK...I really can't see it being worth all the effort.

yeah the risk/reward ratio on those slayer skills are a joke

Alright, then that brings me to another question then. As FI/GU what's automate deadline's worth?

I'd say it's useful, but aerial advance sounds handy for daggers.

Isn't AA just shooting damage? And do daggers knockdown and air juggle enemies?