Page 3 of 430 FirstFirst 1234561353103 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
    5x Dark Ragne
    10x Rappy
    30x Fang Banther
    Lol, what's so horrible is I know you mean only Banther, and receive no credit for killing banshee. That's sick, but seems like something SEGA would do -.-
    Miranda F Newman Fighter (PSO2: NG) Ship 2
    ~Past Characters~
    DC PSO: Silhouette HUnewearl 100 » 102 (Ver.2)
    GC PSO: Silhouette HUnewearl 161 :: Za'leshea FOnewearl 172
    PSU: Eternia F Beast FF15 Lvl142(PC) :: Elemia F Cast GM20 lvl174(360)

Oh yeah when fighter class comes out I'll make a video showing it off.

My feeling that subclassing will work like so

Main class:
    - Weapons
    - PA/Tech
    - Skill Tree

Subclass:
    - PA/Tech
    - Skill Tree

I doubt that sega will allow for us to be Fighter with weakshot, but the it sega.....

This class seems more gimmicks than substance (seriously, a gear based on staying airborne?), but I guess we'll see.

While I get what you're saying, and acknowledge it completely applies in a lot of games, in what way has PSO ever not been about the gimmicks?

In these games gimmicks are what make a class and its selection of weapons unique.

Quote Originally Posted by ShilohSham View Post
    My feeling that subclassing will work like so

Main class:
    - Weapons
    - PA/Tech
    - Skill Tree

Subclass:
    - PA/Tech
    - Skill Tree

I doubt that sega will allow for us to be Fighter with weakshot, but the it sega.....
    All classes can equip the bouquet rifle, so this is kind of moot.

Quote Originally Posted by Geistritter View Post
    This class seems more gimmicks than substance
    Meaning, it looks more like the point is the gimmick, not to contribute anything of use or efficiency gameplay-wise, which matters to some of us. There's a difference between a gimmick that adds something to the gameplay, and a gimmick that's just there to be a novelty and absolutely nothing else. This series is a repeat offender of the latter, and this game is shaping up to be the worst about it yet, making my worry a fair one in my estimation.

Well, most end-game content in PSO1 and probably PSU was about weapons with gimmicks. Those were indeed built on top of pre-existing weapons with substance, though. It could be that this is a weapon that's purely about being airborne, but then even that has its use thanks to irritating enemies like wynderas. I just hope there aren't more like that on the way.

If it's not very useful, meh, it won't be used much.

I'll probably stick the most to fists. With that evading block and their close range nature, I'm expecting them to be the sword of the fighter class, except I get to say I'm fisting everything. Do want.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

I dunno.

I think daggers will be good for hitting weak points for certain big enemies and bosses. Or just generally attack from heights and angles nobody else can really get to with melee and getting away with it without being in the enemies high damage panic attack range. "staying airbourne" might sound like a stupid gimmick to some, but attacking from high up has a lot of uses, than just going after a few birds. ESPECIALLY since they added air combat to begin with.

And I can imagine double sabers having the best DPS or close to it with other advantages. Fists having the best evasive maneuver abuse. If the class or weapon doesn't look fun or effective to you... Every weapon has it's advantages and disadvantages. If you don't like it because it's won't be 100% the best in every situation possible, then that's your problem. sword gear or speed rain spam is right there on hunter.

If you're disappointed that the weapon you wanted isn't 100% effective in every scenario instead of being "gimmicky." Maybe that's just one of the flaws of having such a mindset of being the "MOST EFFECTIVE" in a teamwork based game that's easy enough as it is, while ALSO trying to keep the game FUN.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

It would do my heart well for people to stop going on rants based on a bunch of stuff I never said to begin with.

I have no personal investment in any of the new content, I ultimately don't care if it's any good or not, because if it isn't, I won't use it, I never, not once, said anything has to be useful in all situations despite you cramming it down readers' throats throughout that post, and your assuming what I'm looking for isn't what I consider to be OMGZTEHFUNZ is possibly the most annoying thing of all, which is something of an accomplishment. Everything after that first paragraph is comprised entirely of your imagination extrapolating on what you think I meant, without actually reading what I said itself.

I said it looked to be style over substance, I said the series has a history of that, but long before you started on your tirade, I said "we'll see", making it one hundred percent clear I was prepared to wait before I was sure. All of that is reasonable. Your post, as a response to it, isn't in the slightest.

As the saying goes, "To assume makes an ass out of u and me." So seriously, knock it off.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

So then you'll wait to see if your leetist needs are fufilled or not 8D

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.