Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Just to jump in and give my 2-cents.

Back when I played Maple Story for a little while there was a hack very similar to what is being described. You could see on the mini map that someone was in the same area as you, but usually their character is positioned out of the physical map. You'd walk around and notice that the enemies would appear and then suddenly be damaged / die.

Sometimes they would be visible though. They were making the motions of attacking but it would hit everything on the map.

Anyways. There would be tons of drops littered on the floor, but sometimes they have it so they can pick up the items as well.

Since both games are gameguard, I'm assuming it's something similar.

Thanks Arredoval

Default Forest Launcher Madness

Hey guys, check this out! So I unlocked free exploration in the Forest, accepted the mission to go there, in the first area some players joined and fought some enemies. Then I got to the 2nd area of the Forest...

...I saw damage numbers and explosions so I headed over to help fight, THIS is what I saw....

Attachment 2311
    Notice that I was only level 9 when I entered this area, but 13 by the end of it!

Attachment 2313
    Attachment 2314
    Attachment 2315
    Attachment 2316

These 4 players apparently found a glitch where they could fire REALLY fast (the screenshots don't do it justice) at the wall and get a lot of XP and subsequently items. When I checked, one of them was lvl 27. Also, nearly all monsters that spawned nearby almost instantly died. Since I started the mission I'm guessing they joined mine and set this up somehow? At first I liked the free XP and items, but after some time it felt like I was cheating so I just went to the next area and beat the RockBear boss. I'm really confused all around, haha. Anyone know what happened here???
    Last edited by Raelk; Sep 6, 2012 at 05:36 PM.

Awwww I wish i could've been there to record it for personal ga---- i mean...

Complain all you want, in the end, you will all, pick up the rares mwhahahaha, GREED IS GOOD!

What ship and block is this btw?

What ship and block are you on OP?
    Last edited by Dhylec; Sep 9, 2012 at 09:40 PM. Reason: merge

Quote Originally Posted by Raelk View Post
    Since I started the mission I'm guessing they joined mine and set this up somehow?
    Why would they join your party just to cheat when they could make their own idungeddit.
    I don't need a signature pic, I would end up changing it all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunfa View Post
    What ship and block are you on OP?
    I choose ship 2. I'm still relatively new, how do I check which block I'm on and how do I choose one? My brother and I teamed up for the first time last night and I went to his "block" but that was the only option I saw about it.

Quote Originally Posted by FOnewearl-Lina View Post
    Why would they join your party just to cheat when they could make their own idungeddit.
    Was wondering the same thing! I promise I didn't set this up or anything, I was just as confused as you. I don't even...
    Last edited by Raelk; Sep 6, 2012 at 05:37 PM.

Nevermind, I just looked at your screenshots and noticed they're not in your party.
    You probably just joined their MPA and they weren't smart enough to lock their MPA.

Also, edit your post instead of multiple posts

Could be RMTers farming for money. Those guys are using Chinese character names. I would say file a user report, but you'd need to write it in Japanese.

Quote Originally Posted by Alenoir View Post
    Could be RMTers farming for money. Those guys are using Chinese character names. I would say file a user report, but you'd need to write it in Japanese.
    And give away the fact that he's using the english patch in the process...

Nevermind, I just looked at your screenshots and noticed they're not in your party.
    You probably just joined their MPA and they weren't smart enough to lock their MPA.

Also, edit your post instead of multiple posts
    I'm guessing MPA means something close to "Mission Party Alliance". I thought I started it though, hmm...

Ah sorry! Done. New to the forums, thanks for the tip

And give away the fact that he's using the english patch in the process...
    YEP. Heheh...

MPA means Multi Party Area, and each one can hold up to 12 players. Seeing as they were already there when you walked into area 2, you must've stumbled upon a party of RMTers.
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.