Default Phantasy Star Generation 1 Translation Completed!

Linked here on PSCave. I've made a video showcasing a brief segment of gameplay ! I've got some technical issues getting it working on my actual PS2 console (damn disc swapping didn't work) due to region locking, so I should be able to upload another vid in a few days.
    PS Generation 1 is a remake of the PS1 game and SO fantastic! It has recently been translated into English (finally!) and is SO fantastic for fans of the PS series!

The translator is apparently working alone, so if any of you with lots of Japanese knowledge wanna help em with translating the scripts, I'm sure they'd appreciate it!
    They could use the help for the Phantasy Star Generation 2 translation, especially needing artists (replacing some artwork) and script translators! Remember the Nei!

Also, for those who just want to play the original Phantasy Star games with a bit of something new, there are plenty of patches available that make the games harder, rebalance them, add new things, and even (new) Music! I played the PS1 'retranslation' from SMSPower! and it is FANTASTIC!

Go on YouTube and (on the Japanese version of the console only) and it is vastly superior! The patch lets you change between both versions for either nostalgia or enhanced sound!

PSCave has tons of other info as well for those into the original series.
    I do recommend buying this bundle (its $7.50!) for those who are squeamish about the legalities of patching and such.
    Last edited by darkwraith007; Sep 8, 2012 at 01:28 AM.
    Game: Phantasy Star Online 2 (JP servers)
    Ship: 02
    Account: Will_Smith
    Character: Rei (07H/08R/09F)
    -LF more English-speaking friends
    -R.I.P. @ SEGA NA

Congrats on getting this project going! PSG is one of those rare releases that really gave a different glimpse of the series.

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

All of my love. Thank you, I'm going to get this working as quickly as I can. I've been dying to play this game.

I finished about the first half of the game, and I need to say that this remake is pretty amazing. There's no grinding required, spells are more useful, and there are more weapon types for each character. Then there's the obvious graphical update, making the game really nice to look at. And each character has much more personality than the original (random townspeople have names!).

My only gripe is that everything is gated now. In the original, every now and then, there'd be something in a dungeon that wouldn't show up unless you talked to an NPC that mentions it. In this game, the only way to progress is to talk to an NPC enough times that the same thing happens. Except this time around, you have no idea which NPC it is, or which line of dialogue it is. In order to visit one cave, I had to use the party chat feature enough times for Lutz to give me a key!

Overall, I think I'd rather play this game than the original. All the little upgrades make up for me not being able to go where I want, when I want.

Phantasy Star Generation 2 translation is finished!

http://www.pscave.com/psg2/download/

That reminds me, I didn't finish the first one.

2 is amazing, so I'm glad I'll finally be able to try it out translated. I can't wait to see what additions it has.

I looked up some information on this. They boosted enemy attack power? And made some of the characters weaker? From what I'm hearing, Anna is useless this time around, meaning there isn't even a full party's worth of decent characters anymore.
    So they made the game harder? It was near impossible when I played it last, why would they add difficulty?