Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Air Gunning. How to skyrocket your damage

edit: people were misunderstanding and confused. going to remake thread with a more thorough explanation and videos. discussion in thread was derailed, hope a mod can lock this.
    Last edited by Silver Crow; Sep 7, 2012 at 08:09 PM.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

What? D:

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Eastwood View Post
    What? D:
    This isn't a chat room for you post these short replies. Be more informative, what is it you're unsure about... Tell me so i can answer your question.

I'm fairly certain plenty of people know of this. Hell, I found out by accident when I was spamming my launcher in an emergency mission, by pulling off 5 shots with it.
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.

Quote Originally Posted by blace View Post
    I'm fairly certain plenty of people know of this. Hell, I found out by accident when I was spamming my launcher in an emergency mission, by pulling off 5 shots with it.
    Well my information is also for those that did not know you can do 7 (i'm pretty sure 8 is possible but i don't use macro's). So if anyone can actually make a good macro i THINK 8 might be possible... Which is 2-3 shots more than you knew. And thats 200-300% in my terms.

I'm just trying to learn the timing for 6 shots atleast since i'm a PS3 controller but those who can use macro's will have an easier time doing this.

Edit: also if someone can tell me how to get fraps working with pso2 AGAIN i'd be more than happy to post a video of it
    Last edited by Silver Crow; Sep 7, 2012 at 07:02 PM.

This has been already refered by a lot of posts as far as I know.
    But I don't think people called it "air gunning"
    And to make better argument, you should be considering time instead of 1 combo. (DPS)
    The time it takes to do 7 shots from the air is a lot longer than just 3 shots on the ground.
    So it won't be even close to double damage doing jumping shots DPS wise.

But jumping shot is a lot better with launcher as you stated.
    (Less hits from enemies, better shot angles, etc)

Quote Originally Posted by lagnarok View Post
    This has been already refered by a lot of posts as far as I know.
    But I don't think people called it "air gunning"
    And to make better argument, you should be considering time instead of 1 combo. (DPS)
    The time it takes to do 7 shots from the air is a lot longer than just 3 shots on the ground.
    So it won't be even close to double damage doing jumping shots DPS wise.

But jumping shot is a lot better with launcher as you stated.
    (Less hits from enemies, better shot angles, etc)
    I'm calling it 'Air Gunning' for reference. And it has NOT be refered to by a lot of people, you're mistakening it for 3-4 shots in the air. I'm talking about double that amount. No one has talked about this yet.

As for DPS, the 7 shots have no delay where on the ground you have a huge delay after every 3 shots. So doing the 7-8 shots in the air will destroy the ground gunning in terms of DPS. I don't even need to put a comparison out there it's so obvious. But i will if enough people question it and when my damn fraps works with pso2.

Quote Originally Posted by blace View Post
    I wasn't aware that people used guns on the ground. From Open Beta on every ranger i've seen jumped before shooting unless using a rifle for a quick shot or something.
    How can I possibly put a new idea into your heads, if I do not first remove your delusions?

Quote Originally Posted by Slidikins View Post
    I wasn't aware that people used guns on the ground. From Open Beta on every ranger i've seen jumped before shooting unless using a rifle for a quick shot or something.
    Same, I have yet to see a Launcher user shoot without jumping first. Even as a Force, I almost always jump before shooting with a Gunblade, to recover PP in a second.

Didn't know this was a "thing". Figured people just attacked this way to begin with whenever it was convenient.