Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Special Weapon Appraisal

When you get an item appraised. Is the outcome of what it is totally random? Or is it dependent on your stats when you find it or appraise it? Or what dungeon you find it in?

I think it slightly depends on the dungeon. If you check the quest record, one of the things you can check is the appearance rate of certain affixes. I think that also counts toward SPECIAL WEAPON's.

Considering you can get Power III while untekking stuff but not in normal drops, hard to say what exact affects it. For all we know it could be totally random.
    P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget

From the answers so far, seems like there's no point in holding off on appraising... Gonna just appraise away once I get them.

Thanks!

Actually it's not random.
    The Japanese wiki has a list of all boxes (i think) listed with the outcome like Element Grind Value and Abilities

http://wikiwiki.asia/pso2/index.php?%B4%D5%C4%EA Click on the 9th spoiler box to view the whole list

Quote Originally Posted by angrysquid View Post
    Actually it's not random.
    The Japanese wiki has a list of all boxes (i think) listed with the outcome like Element Grind Value and Abilities

http://wikiwiki.asia/pso2/index.php?%B4%D5%C4%EA Click on the 9th spoiler box to view the whole list
    What's not random? If you look at entries for ローザクレイン you will see that they are all over the place so yes, it's random. That list isn't also a list of all possible combinations, it's just stuff what people reported being presented in that table.
    P S O W

It's not random.
    When you get a rare, the price of appraisal will depend on what element % and what affixes it has. So when you see the price of appraisal, you can look up the list by following the link above and it WILL be what's written there.

There's no option to refuse the appraisal anyway, if memory serves right, is there? If there isn't, then obviously everything is decided at random at the moment where the weapon drops. After that, it's set in stone.

So, to answer the OP, no, the appraisal result is not random.
    Oserez-vous percer le mystère de la malédiction ?
    www.hinamizawa.fr

So you have a gunslash with a price of 15840 for untekking, my question is: which one is it?

15 840 Buraoretto Bayonet Two 14 Two Shoot II
    15 840 Buraoretto Bayonet Two 14 Two Techniques I
    15 840 Buraoretto Bayonet Two 14 Two Power II

In other words: appraisal price doesn't mean anything and affixes ARE random. Just because they aren't rolled at the moment of untekking doesn't mean they aren't random.
    P S O W