Default Best Mag For Ranger?

working on my second characters ranger mag and i'm not sure which PB blast i should be aiming for. my main's has ajax-proi which i do not want on this mag.

the possible options are:

Tucana -Ajax-imera
    Caelum - Ajax-nifta
    Corvus - Julius-imera

havent really seen or used any of these in combat, so i would like to get some input on there overall worth.
    Last edited by serenade; Sep 8, 2012 at 06:18 PM.
    PSU ID - 30001139
    PSO2 JP Info:

Chalka / Parallax / Xavious Redd / Rydia / Cyrax / Paladin Crux

I've had caelum, its PB is horrendous and will not hit anything 90% of the time. I once saw its homing lazers fly over a caterdran and hit some boxes in the distance.

I changed that Caelum into a Tucana and can't be happier. Tucana's PB will cause 7 shots to rain down from above onto enemies at random. If there is only one target, like a single rockbear, all lazers will fall onto it. Damage is into the 1500's for each hit if you have a strike based weapon equipped (ajax-imera runs off of strike stats to deal damage, I have a +10 edge blazer for this). On rare occasions the PB will derp completely and hit random spots of the map, not sure what causes that.

No comment on corvus.

Quote Originally Posted by serenade View Post
    working on my second characters ranger mag and i'm not sure which PB blast i should be aiming for. my main's has ajax-proi which i do not want on this mag.

the possible options are:

Tucana -Ajax-imera
    Caelum - Ajax-nifta
    Corvus - Julius-imera

havent really seen or used any of these in combat, so i would like to get some input on there overall worth.
    Well there is one clear answer. Out of the 3 you've mentioned only one of them scale with R-Atk and that is Corvus - julies imera. It's also a very lethal pb, the one on my ranger has devasted so many weakpoints especially targets like ragne and panthers.

Caelum's real value is that it shoots megid as it's autoattack. and poison is awesome.

thank you all for the input.

looks like it's down to corvus and tucana. i actually ran into a ranger using julius-imera last night during an e-mission. the numbers were huge, but it seemed like the AoA was rather small. seems like a great one for bosses or smaller, but more difficult mobs. watched the video on ajax-imera and it looks like it has a nice damage radius. only problem is remembering to switch weapons before blasting.

guess i shall do some more research before i make a final decision as i still have some time yet before it evolves a second time.

if only julius-nifta were obtainable on any mag, i'd probably have that on all of them. that vaccum ball is so great holding panthers and other boss in place during weak bullet strikes...
    PSU ID - 30001139
    PSO2 JP Info:

What stats are most important for Rangers? I was leaning towards the ability branch but after reading this thread I might have to change my choice. New at playing ranger but for the most part its pretty straightforward. Is striking or ranged more important for a ranger when it comes to the mag I guess? Sorry to go off topic serenade
    Last edited by WiZ1988; Sep 9, 2012 at 11:36 AM.
    PSO2- Wiz had to be retired, current character is jonesy, female Dewman, jonesy male newman, jonesy male cast- Ship 2

RIP Wiz JP PSU & Blue Burst

range. striking is for hunters.

i'm looking at a mag along the lines of

74 range
    75 dex
    1 str def

or

90 range
    60 dex
    PSU ID - 30001139
    PSO2 JP Info:

corvus PB based on your ratk..
    my corvus PB hits like 500x3 on 3 target..
    and the animation pretty cool, kinda like granz tech..
    my corvus stats :
    80 ratk
    50 dex
    20 rdef
    hope this helps XD