Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default whats best build for mag on newman female hunter

whats best build for newman female hunter and what best build for skills

Quote Originally Posted by popshot132 View Post
    whats best build for newman female hunter and what best build for skills
    Skills are really up to you. Popular paths are a Sword/Lance DPS build, Partisan/Lance DPS build, Sword tank build, etc... so it's hard to suggest anything without knowing how you want to play. That being said, there's never really a "best" build but a bunch of effective builds.

Currently, the game is maxed at Lv40. A HUnewearl such as yourself would need 98 S-ATK and 71 S-DEF to equip the best 9* gear at this level. Needless to say, you can't get all of that from your MAG alone (19 levels short) but some of those stats can be picked up with Skills. Your MAG will want to invest heavily into Striking stats though, so your options there would be limited.
    How can I possibly put a new idea into your heads, if I do not first remove your delusions?

thanks but with the mag so if i get its striking up will it get my s-atk up and s-def up

thanks but with the mag so if i get its striking up will it get my s-atk up and s-def up
    MAGs have 7 stats. S-ATK and S-DEF are two of those stats. For the sake of evolution those stats count as one, so I lumped them together, but you can choose which stat you want to increase.

Depending on the skill build you choose you'll probably get a bit (at least +10) of S-ATK or S-DEF thrown in, so try and keep that in mind while leveling your Mag.
    How can I possibly put a new idea into your heads, if I do not first remove your delusions?

For your mag, if you go primarily S-ATK, I'd recommend going for a Leo (mainly S-ATK with some Ability/Dexterity) build. Leo has a less annoying Auto Action of knocking down enemies than Delphinus's (pure S-ATK) which uppercuts enemies out of your reach.

As for your skill tree, like Slidikins said, it's all up to your preference. Figure out what weapons you like to use, figure out what your playstyle is and then plan accordingly.

I recommend reading a lot of the guides lying around in this forum since they lay out a lot of things pretty well. Two in particular: Hunter Talent Tree Discussion (for your skill tree questions) and Banjo's Mag Guide (for your mag questions)

Female Newman HU will need S-def boost either from your MAG or Skill Tree just equip the basic 374 requirement 9* gear. At lv.40 you will have 360 S-def.

If you're getting Just Guard (which I would recommend) that's 10 S-def points anyways just getting to it and you will only need 4 S-def points in the MAG which isn't that big of a deal and gives you plenty of room to build S-Atk up to equip the 9* melee weapons or just provide that raw power boost.
    The Storm Is About To Rage
    Ship 9
    Male Human - HU65 | FI64 | BR65
    Female Newman - FO65 | HU40 | TE65 | FI65 | BR65 | RA33
    Female Cast - RA65 | GU65 | HU65 | BR47

so wat do u recommend i evolve my mag into and how many points shud i put in just guard

so wat do u recommend i evolve my mag into and how many points shud i put in just guard
    Just Guard is a skill that requires just 1 point, but the pre-requisite for it requires 3 ranks. Gen2000 was saying that if you get Just Guard (which you should, really) you'll get +10 S-Def from the pre-requisite.

I like stat management, but if you don't you don't have to follow this advice.

1) First, you need to figure out what your "goal stats." This is essentially the required stats for the gear you want to use at Lv40. Gen2000 suggests the lower 9* items which are more easily obtained. Otherwise there was my other post concerning 9*s.

2) Figure out how much you're getting from Skills. At this point, it's just 10 S-Def so that number is now 98 S-Atk and 61 S-Def. Assuming you get Sword Gear that'd be another 10 S-Atk. Anyway, figure out your build and see what you get.

3) Whatever's left needs to be on your MAG or else you won't hit your goal stats. Your mag gets 150 levels. Subtract the stats you need and you might have some wiggle room. If you have 16-18 levels of wiggle room you can even get a Mag from a different branch. Otherwise you're stuck in the Striking Mag branch, probably with a Delphinus.

tl;dr Figure out what skills you want and what you want to equip at Lv40 and I'll help you a bit more.

this is the best way i can explain it sorry if its not wat u mean.
    i want to be able to do high damage but not die easily so be a little bit tanky but not so i do less damage and i wud like to be able use the best hunter gear and weps

and wen im feed my mag striking weps how i stop dex going up or shud i not worry about that
    Last edited by popshot132; Sep 11, 2012 at 04:19 PM.