Page 1 of 199 12341151101 ... LastLast

Default Techer Skill Tree Conjecture thread

I saw that the skill tree simulator has updated the map for the techer class only so far, and has yet to fill in the details(see link below)
    It goes without saying that the techer skill tree is far more balanced than the Force skill tree( where all the best skills on the foie branch).

I'm debating between going for a purely offensive Megiddo build or a purely support(Resta/Territory Boost/Deband).

It seems like-at this point in the game-there is little motivation to put points into a skill like Panic boost. It only inflicts panic and may not work on the boss monsters you'd want it to.

Also as we've gathered from the Force skill tree, Freeze Ignition is generally inconvenient to use in a party because A) it also may not work on the bosses you want it to, and B) because your party members might hit your frozen enemies before you get a chance to activate your skill.

---Poison Ignition, on the other hand is a significantly more useful skill over Freeze Ignition in that poison status does not go away when the inflicted enemy gets hit. However, it still might not work on bosses so well.
    ---Also--at this point in the game, the floating continent is the perfect end-game situation for someone going down the Megiddo side of the skill tree.

ALSO, any opinions on Shifta Critical? I'm curious as to whether or not this is a seriously useful skill-enough to spend ten points in. Would you do more damage putting you points into an elemental skill and using it on an enemy mob? Or would you do more damage giving your party/multiparties a critical boost? Obviously this would be best combined with Territory Boost if I'm not mistaken.

(Gardios's Techer Skill Tree simulator)
    http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/techer.html
    Last edited by Pirrip; Sep 13, 2012 at 11:37 PM.

I've been thinking about this myself. I'm REALLY indecisive thus far with the techer skill tree. :c

Initial impressions show that Techer is just worse than Force. There's very little reason to use Techer over Force.

The new dark/wind/light techniques are great. However, they can be used on Force too. So why would you play Techer? Okay, so Techer can specialize into light/dark/wind mastery... however, they only give you a 15-20% increase in damage at max. This still ends up equal or smaller than just getting the tech charge masteries as a Force. They don't have the increased casting speed of Fire or other cool perks of the elements to make them any better as a Techer.

Okay, so what else? You can do more status effects. Panic is borderline useless and it applies extremely often with Gigrants regardless. Poison is nifty, it's pretty rare but the skill is supposed to improve how often it happens. If you're really willing to spend your skill points, you can do a full poison build with ignite, but for what? Anything that CAN be poisoned can be killed relatively easily. Anything that would be useful to poison is immune to it. The most useful thing I've seen get poisoned is a Caterdran, and building an entire skill tree around killing Caterdrans is not exactly a good idea.

So, what else? You get a stronger resta. Resta heals enough as it is (if geared properly, 200+ minimum, 300+ with buffs) per tick. The increase isn't all that great, but if you want it, I guess you could. A resta will already fully heal most people unless they're an HP build, and HP builds are not a good idea. Resta leads into a skill that increases PP recovery rate, which is actually pretty effective, but you need to spend a LOT of points you could spend elsewhere just to get to it and then improve it. Furthermore, it's just offsetting the loss of the ability to recharge PP while casting techniques, something Force CAN do. Their weapon is also slower than Force, resulting in a lower PP generation rate. You can also go for PP convert, but good luck - it requires a LOT of points in skills you probably don't want (tech defense).

So, what else? You have the wand gear. Wand gear is OK, but the weapon purposely attacks slower because of this skill. You can do decent melee damage with it, but you're getting less PP over time because the wand attacks slower than rods. This means a longer amount of time before you can start casting spells again, and that's where your real damage is. Not to mention the fact that the element of the tech explosion is based on your weapon, so you can't adjust dynamically based on the enemy you're fighting... you have to get multiple weapons or pick one element.

So far, as far as I'm concerned, everything Techer can do, Force does better. So what are we left with? The top of the skill tree you have the buffs. Yep, this seems to be the only redeeming factor here. If these buffs actually great a substantial benefit (the only numbers I know are +10% on deband/shifta effectiveness) then they're actually really good. Shifta increases critical rate and Deband decreases damage to a fixed rate. These go in hand with territorial boost, a skill that increases the range of your buffs, which means it's easier to buff. The negative thing here is if you max both buffs, you don't have enough to get past rank 1-2 of territorial boost. Not only that, if you max both buffs and get territorial boost, you're left with no skill points for anything offensive... you're a walking buff bot. This isn't horrible at the cost of decreased damage output, but this is what the class is left with.

Techer remains disappointing. Force does more damage, and the only thing it can do better than Force is buff. It would've made sense if only Techer could use wind/dark/light (which would make be sad, but it would make sense) but Force can use them too. They're great techniques and Force does more damage with them. When subclassing rolls around, we might be able to do some nifty stuff with Techer as a sub for Force, but Techer as a main (right now and in the future) seems pointless (beyond buffs). I understand Force is meant to do more damage than Techer, but... if you ATTEMPT to skill yourself for damage on this class, you just fall short. Always. There's no reason to try, despite there being skills for damage, and that's my point. It's not worth the points. You're better off just going buffs and that's it. More than half the skill tree is useless.

These are just initial impressions of the class itself as a main class. We still don't even know the semantics/mechanics of how subclasses will function, so the rest of the class could be useful somehow.

It's just disappointing that light and dark passives end up being the same/worse than the other class just getting generic damage passives for all elements. You can't specialize in those elements even in its own class (you can, but a generic all element build is better).

So, at the moment, that seems to be the general build idea? Poison build (lol) or all buff/support build with choices between:

1. All shifta/deband
    2. Resta + 1 buff of choice
    3. Resta + PP skills
    4. Some other combination

I do think building your class around Poison is silly though. It's cool, don't get me wrong, and I would be tempted to try it... but it ends up weak against the majority of the game. The same thing that you're doing on the quartz dragon (melt armor) or the caterdrans (it hurts a lot) can be accomplished with a wand with the "poison" skill. There's also the fact that skill trees are so expensive in this game that if you try it and you don't like it... you're stuck, and that's kind of risky. Anything else that you poison could just be nuked and would die, or will die before poison even happens.
    Last edited by Crevox; Sep 13, 2012 at 11:57 PM.

they are battle cleric anyway... im not expect they gonna throw alot spell like force...

so yea... in my optinion, shifta advance and shifta critical is too precious to left not full... dunno for deband and deband cut... since most of time dodge things better than taking damage (especialy gunner, with gunner gear reset even with scratch)

now... my question is... the PP restore thingy at bottom of the grantz tree... how it works? increase your pp gain each hit? or just idle regen?
    Ship 2 / Invite ID : 10385482 / Courina

Quote Originally Posted by Courina View Post
    they are battle cleric anyway... im not expect they gonna throw alot spell like force...

so yea... in my optinion, shifta advance and shifta critical is too precious to left not full... dunno for deband and deband cut... since most of time dodge things better than taking damage (especialy gunner, with gunner gear reset even with scratch)

now... my question is... the PP restore thingy at bottom of the grantz tree... how it works? increase your pp gain each hit? or just idle regen?
    I don't know the numbers on the second shifta passive or deband to know really. The first one is +10%, which could mean... multiple things really. We also don't know if it only affects yourself or everyone. Everyone is assumed, but who knows.

Battle cleric yes, but if you try to specialize in damage for battle cleric, you will simply fall short. You are right in the fact that the buffs seem to be pretty much essential, otherwise it's just a worse Force.

There's two PP things at the bottom of the Grants tree. The left one just increases regen, the right one converts max HP into PP.

Trying out techer it seems to be a really odd melee cleric. Once got wand gear filled the bar during a boss fight, I was doing some very decent damage against dark ragne, faster then I could even do spamming techs. I think my wand even induced status effects a few times on the dagans.
    With boosted shifta and deband, and a need to be in the front line to even buff your hunters, I could see this basically being an effective melee mage. We need to wait a week until some people level however, and find out just how well damage scaling on wands turns out.

I was doing some very decent damage against dark ragne, faster then I could even do spamming techs.
    If you lock on his brain, you can nuke it with Grants the entire fight (or even Gimegid now that we have that). You don't even have to knock him over to lock onto it. This is far better DPS than other options we have, including melee.

It doesn't help that the gear is bugged and sometimes the additional tech damage doesn't apply (at least, the numbers don't show up).
    Last edited by Crevox; Sep 14, 2012 at 12:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crevox View Post
    If you lock on his brain, you can nuke it with Grants the entire fight (or even Gimegid now that we have that). You don't even have to knock him over to lock onto it. This is far better DPS than other options we have, including melee.
    But attacking the brain directly you risk killing it before all the legs are broken, which means less drops if I remember correctly.

http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/...I24OdFfqnsNHNj

My currently planned build, going for the some support skills and the PP skill

If sub classes work by using both skill trees then I think pp revival + this pp skill will have ridiculous synergy

I took the support skills because they just seem the most appealing so far besides the pp

I took wand gear... just because

The next 10 points would go into shifta advance + shifta critical

light tree also looks good because of all the darkers
    Last edited by moeri; Sep 14, 2012 at 12:50 AM.

light tree also looks good because of all the darkers
    Light Mastery is the only skill that does anything here, which is the same damage increase as tech charge advance in normal Force, but I guess it's useful if you're staying Techer...

But attacking the brain directly you risk killing it before all the legs are broken, which means less drops if I remember correctly.
    If you're looking to break all the legs. I still think spamming Gigrants would result in higher damage output, especially with the ability to get PP while charging and using your mag ability/photon blast, but shrug. You would also have to be using a fire or light wand in this situation for optimal damage, which isn't always the case unless you purposely buy one with that element (or find one).
    Last edited by Crevox; Sep 14, 2012 at 12:57 AM.