Deband
    Anti
    Resta
    Megiverse
    Zanverse
    Zondeel
    Arada - PSO2: Ship 10 - Techer - Team master of Odyssey

Greetings (again).

After growing tired of my FOrce/BRaver (wonderful damage output with my weapons/units/trees) and pausing my FIghter/TEcher (which shows great potential) I decided to try the first Class/Sub-Class I chose when I was on Ship 4 once again : TEcher/Force. With the new boost of Circuit Breakout Potential (+200 T-ATK at Level 1) and with my Photon Flare Tree (one of my 16 ones) I tought it would be great to gain 600 T-ATK for 30 seconds every 90 seconds...

So, I got a Siren Glass Hammer (my main weapon from PSO1 ) and managed to get a +10, Potential, then +10 again for less than 2 millions Mesetas. I was happy. But on the field, even though TEcher's boost are great and despite the help of Element Weak Hit, getting +600 T-ATK seems to not play a major role. How can that be ? I have 2100 T-ATK without Photon Flare and I do decent damage. But when Photon Flare is activated and my T-ATK rise to 2700, I see little difference (around +500 raw damage only). Did you experience that too ? Here's my Build. Thanks.
    Last edited by Terrence; Nov 21, 2013 at 10:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Terrence View Post
    Greetings (again).

After growing tired of my FOrce/BRaver (wonderful damage output with my weapons/units/trees) and pausing my FIghter/TEcher (which shows great potential) I decided to try the first Class/Sub-Class I chose when I was on Ship 4 once again : TEcher/Force. With the new boost of Circuit Breakout Potential (+200 T-ATK at Level 1) and with my Photon Flare Tree (one of my 16 ones) I tought it would be great to gain 600 T-ATK for 30 seconds every 90 seconds...

So, I got a Siren Glass Hammer (my main weapon from PSO1 ) and managed to get a +10, Potential, then +10 again for less than 2 millions Mesetas. I was happy. But on the field, even though TEcher's boost are great and despite the help of Element Weak Hit, getting +600 T-ATK seems to not play a major role. How can that be ? I have 2100 T-ATK without Photon Flare and I do decent damage. But when Photon Flare is activated and my T-ATK rise to 2700, I see little difference (around +500 raw damage only). Did you experienced that too ? Here's my Build. Thanks.
    Those skills ofter flat dmg bonuses. % dmg bonuses always outshine flat dmg. Unless u get an elysion or Motav Prophecy, it is best u focus on maxing both Tech Charge Advances and Tech Ja Bonus.

On techer tree, I would personally max shifta advance. A fo is more useful when the buffs are longer, stronger and casted more often.

Quote Originally Posted by Emp View Post
    On techer tree, I would personally max shifta advance. A fo is more useful when the buffs are longer, stronger and casted more often.
    This is a really bad idea. This is the one instance where crit is a better investment.

Quote Originally Posted by Emp View Post
    Those skills ofter flat dmg bonuses. % dmg bonuses always outshine flat dmg. Unless u get an elysion or Motav Prophecy, it is best u focus on maxing both Tech Charge Advances and Tech Ja Bonus.
    I understand what you're saying... But both Tech Charge Advance are maxed already. I only miss 10% from Tech JA Advance. And if I agree with you for Elysium, I can't for Motav Prophecy since it's only +350 T-ATK with a Level 3 Potential (only 100 more since it's +250 for Siren Glass Hammer). A flat increase is always less effective than a % one indeed. But we're talking about +600 T-ATK which appears to make no difference in my case ! =/

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    This is a really bad idea. This is the one instance where crit is a better investment.
    I would rather have higher buff cause from what Ive heard, the crit rate is still too low after the shifta critical.

But you don't get a high buff. It turns 1.2*base into 1.25*base. It's still fucking terrible.

Either way it's like +5% base stats or ~5% average damage from more crits, assuming very low Dex and original critrate.

Bravers won't want Shifta Crit.
    PSO2 Trivia:
    Crits are bad, m'kay?       Buffs/Heals ignore equipment
    20 Atk ≃ 1% damage     Mass WB = Instant Win    
    Skill Tree Priority Charts || Class Info and Build Guide

It appears 500 damage only for a 600 T-ATK boost doesn't surprise you since you don't even bother talking about it... Fine.

Well what is "500 damage"?

600 T-Atk = 120 base damage, which then goes through all the multipliers.

What tech are you using and on what? How much does it normally do (without PF)?
    PSO2 Trivia:
    Crits are bad, m'kay?       Buffs/Heals ignore equipment
    20 Atk ≃ 1% damage     Mass WB = Instant Win    
    Skill Tree Priority Charts || Class Info and Build Guide