Page 3 of 199 FirstFirst 1234561353103 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hrith View Post
    Yeah, the only worthwhile boost to Shifta and Deband would be duration boosts.
    The other two skills are fine. Shifta is (at least) a +10% crit chance boost to everyone, and Deband decreases all damage received by 10% for everyone.

These are good buffs, though arguably not worth the skill points... but honestly, nothing really is worth the skill points (it's really hard to find anything good about this class).

Territorial boost seems to only increase in duration (of the skill) per point, not in range nor cooldown reduction. 1-2 points is fine, whatever you're comfortable with... beyond that, convenience. It's not even that big of a range boost...

oh, can anyone explain me some things about crit please
    how +crit % chance works?
    for example, if someone has 22% , it will be 22+10 = 32 or 22+2 (10%) = 24 ?
    how much basic crit we have anyway? only crit increase i can remember is in Hunter skill tree
    and how strong are criticals comparing to other attacks?
    so far im thinking that even shifta critical not worth it

Quote Originally Posted by Dammy View Post
    oh, can anyone explain me some things about crit please
    how +crit % chance works?
    for example, if someone has 22% , it will be 22+10 = 32 or 22+2 (10%) = 24 ?
    how much basic crit we have anyway? only crit increase i can remember is in Hunter skill tree
    and how strong are criticals comparing to other attacks?
    so far im thinking that even shifta critical not worth it
    We don't really know because there's no reliable way to see or measure it. As for damage, they hit for the max of your min-max damage range.

And yeah, it's not worth it, but what else is? Nothing is worth it. This class seems to be intended as a subclass to force and nothing else.

Next thing I'm gonna look at is PP convert when more info is posted on JP sites. PP restraint is GOOD (+40% recovery rate of PP) but takes a LOT of points to even reach, and it's just PP regen... something that you're lacking already because you don't have that 1 point Force has into the recovery while charging.

Final redemption for this class is in a heavy PP build with convert and restraint... otherwise it's only good for subclassing (maybe).
    Last edited by Crevox; Sep 14, 2012 at 03:07 AM.

No charge PP revival? Guess I won't bother with Techer
    P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget

Quote Originally Posted by jooozek View Post
    Wind techs are very PP efficient.
    Miranda F Newman Fighter (PSO2: NG) Ship 2
    ~Past Characters~
    DC PSO: Silhouette HUnewearl 100 » 102 (Ver.2)
    GC PSO: Silhouette HUnewearl 161 :: Za'leshea FOnewearl 172
    PSU: Eternia F Beast FF15 Lvl142(PC) :: Elemia F Cast GM20 lvl174(360)

I was thinking of going for the whole PP restraint to max and then max out the dark mastery and add poison boost to +5 or increase the damage instead and added the wand gear. Yet I'm testing a lot of stuff out and some nice advice is always good since I'll be getting a another skill set up for techer later in the future.

http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/...Abdqf4NqnHNIkf

Since there's so many ways to be a techer

-Going Full Support
    -Hybrid Wind and Dark
    - PP booster
    - Damage Dealer
    and such.

I say would recommend wind techs since they do wide area aoe in front, while I recommend dark techs for damage dealing support on single large targets.
    Last edited by HunterFusion; Sep 14, 2012 at 04:13 AM.
    <div style=text-align: center;><a href=http://www.pso-world.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic74300_1.gif target=_blank>http://www.pso-world.com/forums/sign...pic74300_1.gif</a></div>
    "A fallen star, breezes through the dark sky as it falls gently down the sweeping grass... alone by itself."

Quote Originally Posted by jooozek View Post
    There are PP restore skills, though.

All this will be solved when we get subclasses, which I think greatly accounts for the design.

Techer sounds a lot more like what I want of a technique class. Now if only the duration of S/D could be increased...

Since there's so many ways to be a techer
    There's really not. I'm having trouble finding a single way to go about it. No matter which way you go, it is completely inferior to Force. I thought buff boosts were the saving grace of the class, but it turns out those are really bad too.

Full support? You'll get a max of +10 to stats for adding those 20 points into buffs. If you max deband cut and shifta critical, you're gonna have a hard time getting anything else. Resta advance seems to go to 20% at max (maybe 15%). If you're healing for 250, then at most you'll be healing for 300 instead... not much of a boost for the large number of skill points you have to spend, and not much more of a gain than you'd get if you spent them in t.ATK instead (and then you'd actually have damage too!). This is especially not worth it when resta already heals for a really good amount, I don't see a reason in needing much more than what you already have.

Hybrid wind and dark? It's just the masteries. That's +20% damage to wind, +20% damage to dark. It takes a lot of points to access both ends of the tree, and you can get the same boost to ALL spells as a Force through Tech Charge bonus skills, AND they're on the same side of the tree. Force will simply do more damage with these elements because Rods are better for spellcasting (more t.atk), higher base t.atk, more PP (you can't get the PP passives if you get those masteries), etc. You also end up ignoring anything that is possibly unique or cool about this class (PP restoration / buffs).

PP build maybe. Still don't have numbers on convert. I honestly don't think many people have bothered to spend the ridiculous amount of points to get to it (especially since you have to put them in stupid skills like tech defense). Restraint is really good though.

All this will be solved when we get subclasses, which I think greatly accounts for the design.

Techer sounds a lot more like what I want of a technique class. Now if only the duration of S/D could be increased...
    It really does seem like it was designed as a subclass. :\ I don't understand how anyone could like techer. The design idea was cool, and I was hyped for it, but this skill tree is terrible. Really, really bad.

Wind techs are very PP efficient.
    All the more reason to use them on Force instead of Techer.

I know it seems like I'm hating on the class, but it's for good reason; I honestly can't find anything good about it. I'm hoping someone will step forward with a good idea or a build that gives the class a reason to exist. Honestly I think subclassing/restraint/convert will save this class, if anything. Though, any of the skills that looked good on paper (shifta advance) ended up being garbage in practice, so who knows... need some people that specced restraint or convert to step forth and give us some details.
    Last edited by Crevox; Sep 14, 2012 at 04:43 AM.

I agree, it really feels like it was designed as a subclass. I think it'd work better if the tree wasn't set up in such a horrible way.
    I particularly hate being forced to waste lots of points in crap that nobody will ever have any use for, just to get stuff that is necessary to be functional.

Ranger with sub techer shifta boosts OH YES