Quote Originally Posted by Crevox View Post
    This is PSO1 all over again...
    PSO2

It's almost like a coincidence.

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyData View Post
    PSO2

It's almost like a coincidence.
    No kidding!

Anyone know if Wand gear explosions have increases to elemental damage if I used dark and have 10/10 dark mastery?
    Last edited by IzzyData; Sep 14, 2012 at 06:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyData View Post
    Anyone know if Wand gear explosions have increases elemental damage if I used dark and have 10/10 dark mastery?
    I guess it technically should, only way we would know is if someone tested it.

There's really not. I'm having trouble finding a single way to go about it. No matter which way you go, it is completely inferior to Force.
    I read your whole post, but I wanna just touch on this bit here:

I believe the whole point of techer, is SEGA's answer to a true full support class. It is not meant to be stronger than Force in terms of damage.
    Miranda F Newman Fighter (PSO2: NG) Ship 2
    ~Past Characters~
    DC PSO: Silhouette HUnewearl 100 » 102 (Ver.2)
    GC PSO: Silhouette HUnewearl 161 :: Za'leshea FOnewearl 172
    PSU: Eternia F Beast FF15 Lvl142(PC) :: Elemia F Cast GM20 lvl174(360)

Full support? You'll get a max of +10 to stats for adding those 20 points into buffs. If you max deband cut and shifta critical, you're gonna have a hard time getting anything else. Resta advance seems to go to 20% at max (maybe 15%). If you're healing for 250, then at most you'll be healing for 300 instead... not much of a boost for the large number of skill points you have to spend, and not much more of a gain than you'd get if you spent them in t.ATK instead (and then you'd actually have damage too!). This is especially not worth it when resta already heals for a really good amount, I don't see a reason in needing much more than what you already have.
    If I recall correctly the difference between Shifta LvX and LvX+1 is 1% power as well, so isn't every point into Shifta and Deband (not Critical/Cut) essentially another level of the technique? Meaning that Techer buffs are up to 10 levels higher than their Force counterparts?

Resta's harder to sell, but I'm hoping there will be a boss so vicious that you only have time for 1-2 ticks of Resta before moving. In that case, the extra HP from Techer is also helpful.

I'm getting the feeling that people, including you, are seeing things through a DPS tunnelvision. Every class is expected to kill, sure, but PSO1 was never about every class being a DPS King. On challenge mode you had to play to your strengths, for instance. Rangers focused on status effects over deeps. Techer was announced as "a high powered healer who holds the strength to battle along the front lines." They are built to go into sticky situations and make sure everyone else is buffed and alive. If they have wiggle room, they empty their wand gear with some melee on the boss they're standing next to. That's how I'm reading into it.

If you expect Techer to be some sort of damage boss on its own, you're probably going to be disappointed.
    How can I possibly put a new idea into your heads, if I do not first remove your delusions?

honeslty it feels like techer is a bit more balanced then force, they survive a bit better, have more hp, and with wand gear they kick ass if they dont have pp.
    Graphics Designer/Product Designer/Illustrator/General handy guy/not taking any requests right now.

I could see the uncharged version of Resta becoming useful with Advance applied. Not only would it help in sticky situations (I have died way too often to an enraged Banshee due to lack of time to heal) but it would help increase DPS due to only needing to cast the uncharged version in between attacks.

What Techer really needs is a skill that increases the number of "ticks" Resta/S/D do, as a pseudo duration/range buff. Wish the SD range buff applied to Resta too.

This is totally off topic so I apologize, but where are people getting PP Restraint from? Looking at the Japanese it puzzles me how the translator managed to stick an 'n' in there. "PP Restorate" (in my humble opinion) sounds better and makes sense considering the skill is helping "restore" PP, not "restrain" it.