Page 6 of 199 FirstFirst ... 34567891656106 ... LastLast

I always thought maxed out uncharged Resta was pretty decent for a quick self heal.

I don't agree with the "Techer is meant to be a support class" argument. If that was the case, they wouldn't have any attack skills. There are a ton of ways to make a true support class, and Techer isn't how I'd go about it.

The skill trees are supposed to encourage different playstyles, and a maxed-out Techer (or any class) should be able to excel if they specialize correctly. Crevox is trying to point out that Techer CAN'T excel, especially when compared to Force.

A techer can get a minor pp regen boost, and a very minor buff boost and a temporary buff range boost (why is this even temporary?!). Note that shifta and deband's duration will expire before you can increase your buff range again, leaving a whole 20-30 seconds where that skill is literally useless, unless you cast the buff multiple times, which wastes even more pp.

A force can regen pp while casting resta/buffs, and with the fire tech tree Shifta gets its charge time cut in half, making it much more easier to cast on your hunter before he starts dashing away into the enemy's face.

A force can support better then the class designed to support. This is because sega failed math, and doesn't realize how out of whack their percentages are (20% damge boost is balanced to a fire tech that can cast at twice the speed right?[and also get 20% boost])
    Also resta is still garbage, because it takes several ticks to fully heal when some higher level bosses can ohko and it takes to long to charge up, meaning by the time i get to heal them, they've already downed a dimate.

Resta is still useless, because it does not heal all at once and has a huge charge and range delay, meaning by the time i get it powered up to heal my friends, they've already downed a dimate.

Sega fix your damn game.

Was hoping to see any information on PP Convert. Since PP charge remains 0 when you are charging a tech it would seem to make more sense to use an ability that manually refills pp rather than one that forces you to wait, but this all depends on how much hp it costs and what the gains are for maxing it out. Whether it reduces c/d, decreases hp cost, increases pp gain or does a combination of these are all unknown to me.

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

I'm surprised nobody seems to be looking at how amazing a sub class techer would be. As fire force, quick Rafoie casts would charge up wand gear quickly. Then the PP restoring abilities will allow you to get more Rafoies out before you need to charge up. So, you're switching between charged wand strikes and rafoies.

Then there's Ranger. Most boss fights, I'm just waiting around, hoping people are pounding on my weak shot while I regen PP. With PP restore, I'm able to use more PAs at this point. Plus, ranger's PAs do much more damage than their normal attacks, and they're always passively regenerating PP, so this should fit ranger really well. Especially since gunner doesn't really have any good skills for it.

Of course, I don't know how good the PP restoring abilities are. I also notice there's not enough points to get those, and get wand gear. So, I need to ask. How good is wand gear? Is it worth getting if I need to sacrifice PP convert (which nobody seems to know how good it is)?

Quote Originally Posted by Zorafim View Post
    I'm surprised nobody seems to be looking at how amazing a sub class techer would be.
    I think it's just an unspoken known that sub-Techer is awesome. But that's a month off, so we're focused on how to make Techer worthwhile in the meantime.
    How can I possibly put a new idea into your heads, if I do not first remove your delusions?

Quote Originally Posted by Zorafim View Post
    I'm surprised nobody seems to be looking at how amazing a sub class techer would be.
    Actually, people have been saying that Techer is only good for subclassing for some time now. In this very thread, no less.

The biggest problem right now is that subclass system isn't implemented yet, and as a stand alone class Techer seems to be very underwhelming.
    Last edited by Sp-24; Sep 14, 2012 at 10:36 AM.

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

Then I'm surprised at how bad I am at reading!

techer seems to have more hp, and i think more defense, also with the gear you get to do allot nore damage over time, i wish we had faster heals and a range boost without a skill tree item.
    Graphics Designer/Product Designer/Illustrator/General handy guy/not taking any requests right now.

Honestly? Even as a subclass, a force would be better off picking ranger. Rifles would give a better pp recharge rate, and if you get weak bullet....

Quote Originally Posted by Tenlade View Post
    Honestly? Even as a subclass, a force would be better off picking ranger. Rifles would give a better pp recharge rate, and if you get weak bullet....
    Rifles are inferior to gunblades at the whole PP recharge business (I have a bouquet, so I know), so the only thing Ranger subclass really has is Weak Bullet. And as awesome as Weak Bullet is, I'm not sure if one skill can beat a whole skill tree of goodies, even a tree as unimpressive as Techer's.