Page 99 of 199 FirstFirst ... 498996979899100101102109149 ... LastLast

I'd be interested in knowing if Tech Just Attack Advance bonuses wand damage.

I don't know. The wiki classify it as "S Attack Based on T ATK" so it already seems weird when JA Advance does not work with wand gear (at least that's what the wiki said, so I remember). But still, I personally don't think it's considered Tech at all, or all X masteries will be very good with the gear, which does not seem to be the case.

Btw, I think it it a a good idea to combine this with the old FO thread or start a new thread discussing FOs, TEs and Techs. Or maybe a name change.

Yeah, it's tech. It's just that it's the ONLY way to inflict tech damage without using a technique.

Wand gear is comparable to a non-PA swing with a sword, or a non-PA shot of a gun. Techs are comparable with PA's.

Also, there's a thread for each class. Techer and Force are indeed MUCH more similar than fighter and hunter, or gunner and ranger, but that's something many of us would like to see expanded on in future updates. A few very good suggestions have been made here with regards to that but yeah...they were made here, not to Sega. I'm sure the JP community has that covered, though.

I guess it makes sense that it is a tech typed damage but not a technique at all, in that sense JA Tech Advance won't make any difference anyway (it requires a "technique".

I'm suggesting a name change/new thread/combined thread mainly because it seems nobody ever discusses FO related subjects anymore in that thread. Instead most FO related discussions happened to be in this thread.
    Last edited by SPOnion; Feb 19, 2013 at 11:22 PM.

i think techer was designed to be like the xxxtecher classes in PSU. wartecher guntecher fortetecher and maybe to a lesser extent vanguard from PSP2. but it doesnt really work. it could possibly work if wand gear was changed so that the tech explosion was based on s-atk instead of t-atk or a 50/50 combination of the 2. as it is to play techer they way that i want too im going to have to make a s/t-atk hybrid mag. the entire left side of the tree would be more melee friendly if not for wand gear. i've been surprised how many attacks pass through me when i burnt all my pp on zan then run in to slap with wand gear.

sig by gama
    Justina human female Te/Hu maybe braver soon
    Shayla newman female Br/Ra
    Alisha.EXE cast female Bo/Hu
    ship 02 team:none

Yeah, this is basically the Tech thread. If you play Techer you're either actually a Force, or you're casting technics off another class (which could just as easily be a Force sub instead).

And I thought JA Advance was "everything but technics" and Tech JA was "technics only" ... are these not together all inclusive?

lol nope, being 'tech damage' but not a technic, the wand explosion is stuck in a loop hole that avoids either.
    | Dextro | Ship 10 | Legion |

Does it even get the basic JA bonus?

no. i suspect thats why its gets progressively stronger as you attack more. until 3rd hit. however its worth noting that it seems to ignore t-def entirely yet still deals more on weakspots. i need to test on shelled crabs still.
    Last edited by Alisha; Feb 20, 2013 at 06:13 PM.

sig by gama
    Justina human female Te/Hu maybe braver soon
    Shayla newman female Br/Ra
    Alisha.EXE cast female Bo/Hu
    ship 02 team:none

You mean it does similar damage regardless of the enemy's level?

And weak points have a multiplier to damage taken, not reduced defense.