Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Courina View Post
    seems only lowered the cooldown , -10sec each lv... doesnt seems add more Chain Trigger shoot
    Yeah, that's a good point. I'll just leave it at level 3~ Even at level two, it cools down fast enough for me. Then again, its only a 10sec difference. xD

So, taking CT into mind: The chain count only adds up from normal attacks. But with Chain Finish and you use a PA, does it automatically end the chain count or just not counts towards the count, and you can continue adding to the chain count after the PA is over?

Sorry for the numerous questions.

The chain breaks after you do a PA or stop attacking the spot for a few seconds. And after that happens, you must wait for the cooldown to end to play with chains some more.

By the way, I wonder, has anybody got numbers for the Chain Finish skill?

i think any count will do, you just ended it with any pa as long it not cut cause stop atk or misfire other target...

also seems you forgiven if misfire other part of the same mobs (ex: shoot ragne on brain, misfire for body) as long not too long or counted stop atk, since im misfire some body part and still can continiue count up...
    Ship 2 / Invite ID : 10385482 / Courina

Quote Originally Posted by Sp-24 View Post
    The chain breaks after you do a PA or stop attacking the spot for a few seconds. And after that happens, you must wait for the cooldown to end to play with chains some more.

By the way, I wonder, has anybody got numbers for the Chain Finish skill?
    I don't know for Chain Finish, but beware that chain Trigger can only stack up to 100 and will stop soon after, so use your PA just before

Quote Originally Posted by methaniel View Post
    I don't know for Chain Finish, but beware that chain Trigger can only stack up to 100 and will stop soon after, so use your PA just before
    Heh, thanks for the heads up. Seeing how it should take about 30-40 seconds to get to chain 100, maxing out Chain Trigger should let you spam overpowered PAs almost endlessly.

As for Chain Finish, one Japanese player kindly listed its stats at levels 1-8:

Lv 1 101%
    Lv 2 102%
    Lv 3 104%
    Lv 4 106%
    Lv 5 109%
    Lv 6 112%
    Lv 7 115%
    Lv 8 120%
    Lv 9 ?
    Lv10 ?

This is not too shabby, but I'm still unsure. Do you guys think it's worth spending 13 SP on the numbers that you will see once per minute at most?

My take on Chain Trigger is 'invest according to use'. In my case, I save it as a boss-kill skill, so I don't use it that often and since the cooldown is the only thing higher levels change, I only invested one point in it. Chain Finish on the other hand, I'm not so sure about. Until we get some better info on just how much a max stack of Chains increases damage, I'm leery of spending points into a skill that at most likely gives a 25% boost. I myself am more interested in Attack PP Restorate and how much of a bonus that can yield.

Have I hated you properly today?

It looks like your PA becomes 5 times stronger at chain 100. And attack modifier of Chain Finish seems to rise exponentially, so it should be at least 1.3 at level 10. Which means it should make your fully-powered PA go from 500% power to 650% (again, at least).

Attack PP Restorate doubles your PP recovery at level 10, which probably means that one bullet of a normal attack will recover 2 PP instead of one. That's kind of useful.

And after using my brain for a second there, I've realised that Show Time may not be all that useless, either. It speeds up Gear recovery AND it draws the enemies' attention from your Rafoie- and, as of the update, Zan- and Megid-spamming friend. Awesome?

I like the damage when you finish the chain but the cooldown is making me unsure of the skill investment wise. It seems to be all or nothing to get the most out of it. Wondering if it's better to just focus on Chain Finish and the two Advance Skills (Zero/Aerial) to get the most damage
    The Storm Is About To Rage
    Ship 9
    Male Human - HU65 | FI64 | BR65
    Female Newman - FO65 | HU40 | TE65 | FI65 | BR65 | RA33
    Female Cast - RA65 | GU65 | HU65 | BR47

Zero Distance is just pitiful - 1.15 modifier at level 10. Can't remember Don't know Aerial Advance's numbers, but I'm sure they aren't all that impressive, either, plus the skill itself is situational (though there is a machine gun PA that launches enemies in the air). Anyway, I don't think those two skills are any good.

Still, as long as we are choosing between leveling up Chain Trigger and Chain Finish, I'd say go with Trigger.
    Last edited by Sp-24; Sep 14, 2012 at 08:47 AM.

I've realized that I've never tried this because I've been too busy going shooty pew pew with the new twin mechas. Can chain trigger be activated with an assault rifle? I am pretty sure getting a counter to 100 would be so much faster with an assault rifle. Once it hits 100, you'd switch to twin mechas for the PA finish since all of twin mechas PAs seem to have more burst damage than the rifle.