Page 313 of 333 FirstFirst ... 213263303310311312313314315316323 ... LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,130 of 3323

Quote Originally Posted by final_attack View Post
    The one on Sig is the one I'm using atm.
    I heard stylish roll was a thing or is that no longer as effective as it was in the past? Also, warcry and showtime seems like overkill? Again, total gun noob here, please help.

That skill tree looks like mine, but I gave up on a 10% damage skill to pick flash guard tech too.

@edit
    Ah no, I also don't have war cry.

https://arks-layer.com/skillsim/skil...000dBIb0000008
    Last edited by TheIrregular; Nov 21, 2017 at 05:38 AM.

Filler-man!! _(:3」 final_attack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Asellus View Post
    I heard stylish roll was a thing or is that no longer as effective as it was in the past? Also, warcry and showtime seems like overkill? Again, total gun noob here, please help.
    Ah, yes, previously, PAs JA'ed from SRoll get +100% damage bonus, then nerfed to +50% damage bonus, then nerfed again to current +10% damage bonus, so, kind of bad. And damage bonus applies only for 1st PA used after S-Roll ..... still usable for some situation, I guess, but it'll sacrifice some APPR if you need the skill (9 SP to max).

Oh, right, I forgot about Hu's part .... My bad >.<

Well, WarCry .... just for initial aggro grab with it's activation animation (the reason I keep it at lv1). It's AoE's much wider than ShowTime. Mostly useful for TD situation (BQ too, I guess). Might be safe to ditch it once new balance kick in tho (increased range of ShiftPeriod), but need to see how far it goes.

You can reduce FlashGuard2 or FuryComboUp to Lv5 in favor of maxing out MassiveHunter (I didn't take FlashTech, since that Tech based attacks usually easier to dodge, but, if it's done while you're tanking (ChainFinish), might be a bit useful). Maxed out MassiveHunter is good, I just didn't like it's down time, so, I increased FlashGuard2 instead. But, if you're more comfortable with MassiveHunter, then, go for it :3
    - Ship 2 -
    Ghost - GuHu (Lv100 (current))
    明石篠 - all other classes - currently inactive Alt

Quote Originally Posted by final_attack View Post
    Ah, yes, previously, PAs JA'ed from SRoll get +100% damage bonus, then nerfed to +50% damage bonus, then nerfed again to current +10% damage bonus, so, kind of bad. And damage bonus applies only for 1st PA used after S-Roll ..... still usable for some situation, I guess, but it'll sacrifice some APPR if you need the skill (9 SP to max).

Oh, right, I forgot about Hu's part .... My bad >.<

Well, WarCry .... just for initial aggro grab with it's activation animation (the reason I keep it at lv1). It's AoE's much wider than ShowTime. Mostly useful for TD situation (BQ too, I guess). Might be safe to ditch it once new balance kick in tho (increased range of ShiftPeriod), but need to see how far it goes.

You can reduce FlashGuard2 or FuryComboUp to Lv5 in favor of maxing out MassiveHunter (I didn't take FlashTech, since that Tech based attacks usually easier to dodge, but, if it's done while you're tanking (ChainFinish), might be a bit useful). Maxed out MassiveHunter is good, I just didn't like it's down time, so, I increased FlashGuard2 instead. But, if you're more comfortable with MassiveHunter, then, go for it :3
    Thanks, I can build my skill trees now. I've played RA/HU so I'm not to far off from learning how to play GU/HU, but I do need to become familiar with gunner PAs (which to use and for what). Any advice on gunner PAs?

I'll just simply have to play around with the class more.

Thanks, I can build my skill trees now. I've played RA/HU so I'm not to far off from learning how to play GU/HU, but I do need to become familiar with gunner PAs (which to use and for what). Any advice on gunner PAs?

I'll just simply have to play around with the class more.
    GU is probably the class that has the most use for its PAs, almost have all of them their utilities and niche that make them useful

Mobbing : Basic combo is Reverse tap (Suction effect + parry frames) into shift period (small AoE damage needs to connect for it to be strong, hence why you open with reverse tap. You can use raw if everything is already tightly grouped).
    If you're not into switching to Asagiri Katana, Grim Barrage is your go-to gap closer.
    Elder Rebellion is there to pick off straddlers or end a chain on something that is escaping from your reach. Bullet Squall 0 does very good damage on a small AoE, so it's ideal on a zondeeled pack. Heel Stab is an hybrid between gap closing and AoE damage. It's not particularly good at either of those, but if you need to jump in a nearby pack after another PA, it's still useful.

Bossing : Satellite Aim for good damage to PP Ratio, S-Art Infinite Fire type 0 for PP dumping in exchange for high damage, and Dead Approach for its lengthy parry frames + quick gap closer. Aerial shooting sees a lot of use for height control, which is key for Gunner against many bosses

Currently most reliable high damage chain ender is Dead Approach into S-Art Infinite Fire into Double Satellite Aim.

Also, raid bosses are by far the easiest place to start GU, since most weak points can be locked and are very obviously exposed, thus allowing you to learn chain building and PA usage more smoothly.
    Conversely, a lot of normal bosses are actually a lot harder to deal with Gunner since you need to deal with their movement, aggro changes and sometimes the need to set and build chain on their head with manual aim, which is all horribly intensive in terms of learning curve.

Hope it helps !
    Last edited by Zephyrion; Nov 22, 2017 at 11:07 AM.

Is 180pp good to go as a gunner?

Quote Originally Posted by TheIrregular View Post
    Is 180pp good to go as a gunner?
    Gunner doesn't need to invest in PP affixes so much as other PP intensive classes like FO/TE, since they get +50 PP from Showtime Star. So I'd say that's a pretty solid amount.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

How do I perform a front barrel roll while shooting? Example (at 4:14). Every time I use weapon action I just do backwards somersaults.

How do I perform a front barrel roll while shooting? Example (at 4:14). Every time I use weapon action I just do backwards somersaults.
    You need the front s-roll ring.

Though I realise its not as good as ranger in comparison,how good is the rifle on gunner after the recent buffs? Is it worth using? Are there any reccomended? I'd just like an extra weapon to pummel anga with when it gets tmg weakness,thinking of using the avenger NT with weaponoid potent for extra nonweak damage but any other suggestions are welcome,im close to finishing basilis rifle too.
    Spoiler!