Page 300 of 333 FirstFirst ... 200250290297298299300301302303310 ... LastLast
Results 2,991 to 3,000 of 3323

I keep seeing people spamming dead approach

I'm pretty sure the purpose of that new ring was to stop that from happening
    I stream PSO2! Please check out my channel when you have time~

twitch.tv/gmcustom

Quote Originally Posted by Dinosaur View Post
    You mean the ring that only works with stances, and has a 10% bonus to striking damage? >_> Yeah, they definitely didn't intend for people to use striking PAs with it.

Filler-man!! _(:3」 final_attack's Avatar

I keep seeing people spamming dead approach

Well, DeadApproach still a bit faster than GrimBarrage (for closer range) and have stun / parry effect for things ......
    - Ship 2 -
    Ghost - GuHu (Lv100 (current))
    明石篠 - all other classes - currently inactive Alt

Quote Originally Posted by final_attack View Post
    Well, DeadApproach still a bit faster than GrimBarrage (for closer range) and have stun / parry effect for things ......
    I was referring to Dead Approach vs Satellite Aim spam, but I suppose I was vague about that.
    I stream PSO2! Please check out my channel when you have time~

twitch.tv/gmcustom

Filler-man!! _(:3」 final_attack's Avatar

I was referring to Dead Approach vs Satellite Aim spam, but I suppose I was vague about that.
    Ah, sorry.
    I thought it's DeadApproach vs GrimBarrage :/
    - Ship 2 -
    Ghost - GuHu (Lv100 (current))
    明石篠 - all other classes - currently inactive Alt

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    You mean the ring that only works with stances, and has a 10% bonus to striking damage? >_> Yeah, they definitely didn't intend for people to use striking PAs with it.
    Spamming dead approach instead of doing a combo into infinite fire is pretty much never preferable. Hell, use of dead approach at all in a chain finisher isn't preferable at all unless for some reason it will work while sataim won't.

DA is 30 frames
    SA is 50 frames

in 300 frames, you can do either 10 DAs or 6 SAs, so that's how I compared. Turns out with the 10%/30% boost SA becomes 1.5% better.

So for sustainable damage, imo DA is still amazing. Guard frames and movement means you avoid a lot more hits on PD and keep High Time without needing to dodge. Not to mention content like PD and UQs tend to be weaker to Striking damage or resist Ranged damage.

For Chain Finish, DA-SA-IF0-DA squeezes out slightly more than SA-SA-IF0. It's a matter of how many things you can cram into ~200 frames, and two DAs, one SA and one IF0 fits really well. It's not like you can SA-SA-SA-IF0 or DA-SA-SA-IF0.

As for why the specific sequence, you can SA after IF0, because of pushback, and IF0 is designed such that you can JA exactly during the big hit. DA re-closes the gap and happens to be juuust fast enough to hit right before it ends.

Only applies to GuHu of course, GuFi just TAJAs all the way which frankly is a lot easier to optimize.
    Last edited by Selphea; Mar 24, 2017 at 05:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    Fuck yeah that pos ring doesn't even have any boost to ranged damage too, for fuck sake if only it had a fucking 30% damage boost for ranged it would have helped those shitty stances that don't boost ranged damage at all.

Can't we all just get along and use DA to kick Anga butt, Deadlion, PD, Esca Arms and SA to boom headshot?

Quote Originally Posted by DeadEscape View Post
    Fuck yeah that pos ring doesn't even have any boost to ranged damage too, for fuck sake if only it had a fucking 30% damage boost for ranged it would have helped those shitty stances that don't boost ranged damage at all.
    I'm sorry if my sarcasm made it unclear, but my point was that if the ring wasn't intended to boost striking PAs, then it wouldn't have a striking bonus at all.