Page 324 of 333 FirstFirst ... 224274314321322323324325326327 ... LastLast
Results 3,231 to 3,240 of 3323

DA > Sat Aim is too finicky to use on things that aren't on a wall (e.g. Mother before final phase, PD parts) so it may just be better to say just mash Sat Aim in situations where damage cap is in effect and IF0 would grossly over damage (Red Dragon/Omega Loser). It would be nice if Squall 0 got a slight power upgrade but judging from the dev's acknowledgement of Gu's current strength, I'll take what we have and be content with it. lol

The real reason why you can get so much of bullet squad to hit is because it’s not 277 frames for the hits to register. In fact, you have roughly 30 frames before the kick registers and the last bullet registers 50 frames before you can JA to another PA.

277-80 = 197 frames.

Also latency affects how much extra time you get in chain. Chain is indeed only 180 frames long regardless what swiki says, but you can get it to be longer than that if you lag. Chain’s “timer” doesn’t start until the hit number shows up. For example, my hit registers but the number does not show up until 10 frames after. That makes my chain and effective 190 frames.

Also because of this, SA * 4 is always guaranteed... as long as you are on point. SA’s hits registers at frame 15 and 40 respectively. That means you need 175 frames to get it. A room of error of 15 frames for me... 1/4 of a second.

I would also recommend learning how to use IF0 as a starter once you can reliably hit damage cap with it.
    Also, you get lower dps numbers if you divide multiplier increases that’s originally not for it. (That’s also not how it works in game or actual math too)

ex:
    striking 500 @ 30 frames = 1000 dps
    Range 800 @ 50 frames = 960

500 / 1.1 / 30 * 60 = 909
    800 * 1.1 / 50 * 60 = 1056

1056 - 1000 = 56
    Vs
    960 - 909 = 51

Lastly, mother has a different weakpoint multiplier than other raid bosses. Mother is 1.75x on stun and 1.5x on second phase. Other bosses, in general, only have a 1.2x multiplier.
    Last edited by Reilet; Aug 4, 2018 at 05:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reilet View Post
    Lastly, mother has a different weakpoint multiplier than other raid bosses. Mother is 1.75x on stun and 1.5x on second phase. Other bosses, in general, only have a 1.2x multiplier.
    Ah, that is a good point to bring up. I forgot it was much higher during the stun animations.

I would also recommend learning how to use IF0 as a starter once you can reliably hit damage cap with it.
    You mean double IF0 setups? I can usually sneak them out during Dragon during a few of his attacks, but it's harder during downs due to his huge hitbox. I usually don't do the DA -> start Chain build method though which I could start working in. That does assume that it would be a fresh Chain on a down but it should be easy enough to reliably setup if I go for it. Did you have any other setups that you know of or is it basically those?

If you have access to techs (su sub), you can use any uncharged techs or charged support techs for TAJA’ing. If you can gauge the distance of where DA goes, you can use that, or use a backwards SA. There is a ramegid tmg one of my friends use to set it up, but i don’t exactly understand how that one is done.
    There is also the “be too high for DA to hit but IF0 can still hit” method too.
    Last edited by Reilet; Aug 4, 2018 at 05:49 PM.

If you have access to techs (su sub), you can use any uncharged techs or charged support techs for TAJA’ing. If you can gauge the distance of where DA goes, you can use that, or use a backwards SA. There is a ramegid tmg one of my friends use to set it up, but i don’t exactly understand how that one is done.
    There is also the “be too high for DA to hit but IF0 can still hit” method too.
    Ah, okay. Yeah, Su sub I have access to and I use it for some things but I usually rock GuFi for most stuff but I am aware of that method.

Backwards SA is a little weird to get the timing of for the spin but I never practiced it -- it would be good to work on that.

The too high for DA one I'm well aware of and I use that certain bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Jene-chan View Post
    5 points for a situation 1.10% modifier doesn't seem worth it in my book. Sometimes you have to go out of your way to get the bonus from it as well.

Just to confirm my understanding of S. Roll JA - it only affects the first JA after the S. Roll and not a chain of JAs (similar to Fury Combo Up), correct?

Also, re: points, the last 5 are a toss up and mostly up to personal preference. I feel more value from 4 points into APPR and 1 into Dive Roll Shoot (there are situations where I use it on Rifle) but if you want to go down the S. Roll JA side, it's not like it's going to make you go from doing 70K DPS to 20K DPS.

The biggest issue I see with that is that it's only utility is towards mobbing as that technique becomes locked once you start building a Chain on anything since tossing in a boosted 1.10x Sat Aim will pop the Chain and it has 0 utility for Chain Finishes. If the case for this is for mobbing, I'd say that even grants it less merit as mobbing for Gu requires negative brainpower at present.
    oooo ic yeah will try to tweak again then

is there any skill on Gu's tree that counted as status abnormality? my friend seems use crazy heart on their's Fi, maybe showtime skill? just a wild guess hmm

Quote Originally Posted by FebiZehn View Post
    oooo ic yeah will try to tweak again then

is there any skill on Gu's tree that counted as status abnormality? my friend seems use crazy heart on their's Fi, maybe showtime skill? just a wild guess hmm
    There's nothing on Gu tree that is considered a status effect. Even if there was, Crazy Beat only increases S-Atk so even if it did work, it would be pointless for Gunner.

There was a tree I posted a few pages ago for GuFi which has my build if you wanted to go off that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jene-chan View Post
    There's nothing on Gu tree that is considered a status effect. Even if there was, Crazy Beat only increases S-Atk so even if it did work, it would be pointless for Gunner.

There was a tree I posted a few pages ago for GuFi which has my build if you wanted to go off that.
    Yup aldy use ur tree that u posted in yesterday cuz all seems really good for me, thanks for the tree ^_^ , just wondering if there's hidden status abnormality skill on Gu's tree like on Limit Break on Fi's Tree that i dont know

Limit Break is coded as an exception. Nothing else that that is player side counts as a status abnormality.

Quote Originally Posted by Dephinix View Post
    The only time you should be going out of your way for the bonus is for chain or if you would otherwise not be able to attack anyways. It's more for compensation of unused time than a consistent bonus, definitely don't use it like that.

Yeah, just the first PA after a S Roll.
    I see no reason to max out S Roll JA over 50% pp recov, it offers nothing but a very small dmg boost to the start of a CT PA combo and thats really about it. i mean feel free to tell me why i should bother