Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default Best way to play gunner?

Recently unlocked gunner and made it to level 12. I already have R-ATK 1 up to 10 and Chain Trigger to 1.

I don't know which subclass I should be using. I want to use ranger because I already have it leveled up to 30 and have Weak Bullet 6, R-ATK 1 up to 10 and R-ATK 2 up 1 point. I have a problem with WB and CT though. I cannot use them effectively. Everytime I use both of them on a target I either start attacking a different part of the boss, monsters on the ground, or the boss just hides or runs away 90% of the time. I was considering putting Chain Trigger to 5 and Chain Finish to 10, but If I can rarley use Chain Trigger and WB or let alone each of them seperately, I would be better off finding another subclass such as Hunter/Fury stance or Force/Techer with Shifta advance. I'm playing with an xbox 360 controller if that makes any difference. Also another question; does WB even stack with CT? I've rarely been able to use both successfully.

Quote Originally Posted by Elektrey View Post
    Recently unlocked gunner and made it to level 12. I already have R-ATK 1 up to 10 and Chain Trigger to 1.

I don't know which subclass I should be using. I want to use ranger because I already have it leveled up to 30 and have Weak Bullet 6, R-ATK 1 up to 10 and R-ATK 2 up 1 point.
    Welp, time to reroll.

*ahem* Anyway, have you tried locking on? I think it's one of the triggers by default. This should help you hit the same target consistently.

Yes I've tried using the lockon button but it's still very hard to use it, alot of times it will lose lock. What's wrong with putting points into R-ATK? After I get PP Restorate, Twin Mech gear, Chain Trigger to 5 and Max Chain final, nothing else is worth me putting points into imo. the other skills are so situational I'd be happier with a concrete R-atk addition.

Let's assume you have 500 R-ATK

Max a R-ATK Up: +50 R-ATK. You now have 550.
    Max a Zero Range Advance: +15%. You now have 575.

It only gets more drastic from there.
    It's not hard to stay close to an enemy. The higher you get, the less those static bonuses mean. And they don't mean a damn thing.

If nothing is worth spending on, save the points. SEGA ain't gonna refund if some awesome skill gets released and you can't afford it because you wanted (at best) +50 ATK for 10 SP.

HU-36 FI-48 RA-50 GU-50 FO-35 TE-36

Quote Originally Posted by Elektrey View Post
    Yes I've tried using the lockon button but it's still very hard to use it, alot of times it will lose lock. What's wrong with putting points into R-ATK? After I get PP Restorate, Twin Mech gear, Chain Trigger to 5 and Max Chain final, nothing else is worth me putting points into imo. the other skills are so situational I'd be happier with a concrete R-atk addition.
    It's generally ill-advised to put more points into [stat] Ups since you could just get those points out of your mag, and static stat boosts lose their value as you reach the higher levels, where the %-based boosts would do far more.

EDIT: Whoops, ninja'd.

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    Let's assume you have 500 R-ATK

Max a R-ATK Up: +50 R-ATK. You now have 550.
    Max a Zero Range Advance: +15%. You now have 575.

It only gets more drastic from there.
    It's not hard to stay close to an enemy. The higher you get, the less those static bonuses mean. And they don't mean a damn thing.

If nothing is worth spending on, save the points. SEGA ain't gonna refund if some awesome skill gets released and you can't afford it because you wanted (at best) +50 ATK for 10 SP.
    Since it adds your weapon attack to it too that 15% would be more like...(500+500)x1.5 for 1150 vs 1050.

But yeah dude you never put SP into a skill just cause you have nothing better to spend it on. Skill trees get updated every few months and you don't wanna be kicking yourself in 2 months because sega added "chain finish advance" or "lol dead falz in 5 seconds" or "You'd have to be sleeping to die now" and you used all your SP on "50 R atk, wewt"

I understand that the % boosts are far better than the static boosts, but they are just too situational for me and not my playstyle. I'm probably close enough to use ZRA maybe 30% of the time, and aerial shooting is like 10% of the time. Not to mention I will have points in ZRA 1 for PP restorate requirements anyways so it's not like I would gain that much more. Maybe some people are used to running up to get really close to monsters so that would fit them better but I would rather take a boost that works all the time even if its not as big.

You don't have to use it 100% of the time to make it worthwhile. You would use ZRA more than you think anyways: think of all the bosses with vulnerability periods, or that get mad if you stay too far away anyways. TMG doesn't really have much range. Getting 2 steps closer isn't going to kill you.

50 R-ATK at the cost of 10 whole levels isn't doing anything for you.
    Last edited by Seravi Edalborez; Feb 5, 2013 at 04:07 PM.

HU-36 FI-48 RA-50 GU-50 FO-35 TE-36