Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Finally working on it, I see. Just be sure to keep track of your studies. That's higher priority than this.

Entry start.

We're being transported out of Pioneer 2. As much as I wanted to say something, I knew that talking too much would alarm the military folk around us. With my head bowed like everyone else, I glanced straight across from me. Sis was maintaining her posture: eyes closed, lips still, breaths almost nonexistent, back straight, hands on her lap, legs together, head slightly bowed... It is almost hard to forget that she is only a mechanized doll.

Glancing around, her posture is like everyone else. However, some seemed to have difficulty trying to even stay upright because of being exposed to the atmosphere outside of Pioneer 2. I began fearing that maybe Calai would end up like one of them. If this doesn't kill us CASTs, I'm quite sure these people around us are going to do the honors. My hands clapped together again, praying for safety. My eyes shut tightly and my hands squeezed each other. If pain was the answer for its call, so be it. I don't mind. Just make us safe! Please!

After a while, something touched my hands. My eyes parted to see what it was, seeing a hand. I followed along the arm to see Sis looking over to me.

"Do not be afraid," she said.

Her face may be the same as it has ever been but something about her shined. Yes. She's right. I've got to chin up. I've got to plan ahead. My hands came around her outstretched hand and I continued praying. Our hands were together. Sis's head pressed against mine. I could feel her breath against my lips. I wonder if she could feel mine...

We stayed that way until the dropship landed. Our hands had to part as the CASTs around us pressed us away from each other until I couldn't see Sis anymore. I couldn't see her at all! The rain was so heavy that I couldn't see my hand in front of me. The wind howled so hard that a leaf felt like a blade against my skin.

"Get in line!"

I suddenly took a fist to the face. I knew I should not retaliate, especially under these circumstances. I had to find Sis. As I followed in line, I pressed my hands together. In a soft whisper, I said, "I know you're watching me. Help me find my sister, and I'll acknowledge you once again."

In an instant, the wind calmed and rain stopped. In that instant, I was able to see Sis in the midst of the crowd. Since I was in the middle of the line, cutting through was simple enough to not be detected. I just had to make sure I wasn't going to trip over anything. However, it seemed the path I was taking was not difficult, but the most difficult part was when a Caseal took a rifle stock to the back of the head. She malfunctioned in almost an instant. I was ordered to step over her and proceed. I quickly paced forward to catch up to the crowd that Sis was in. She was close. I can see her!

"He he. You're so cruel, Fortuna."

That voice...! Where is she? I heard her. There's no mistaking it! I was giving fleeting looks all around me just to find her. Where--?

Suddenly, it felt like someone pushed me. Then, I bumped something. I looked over and instinctively caught whoever it was, but whoever it was pushed off me the moment... Oh. It's Sis.

"You look so tense. Loosen up."

I'm one to talk. I guess it takes one to know one, right? I stayed quiet and continued by Sis's side. I was giving glances around me. I swear I heard something... Well, I'll continue this later.

Ending entry.
    The location appears to be Ragol.
    The scene... I think it's a forest. I can't see much of anything except for this odd guidance.
    Last edited by ARChan; Oct 4, 2012 at 11:50 PM.

--RECORDING 7--

"This is why you should be aware of where you are going."

My fool of a sister was almost crushed by a piston just before this recording started. Since I was in her vicinity, I was able to pull her away from harm just as the pillar came crashing down. Why these are still operating even after the confirmation of Pioneer 1's inhabitants being dead is foolish. For sure, someone should have found the control mechanisms for each of these, and this is evidence of what negligence can do: people get hurt.

"Thanks Sis," Calai said when out of breath. Is it possible for CASTs to hyperventilate? "I swear, what would I be if you're not around?"

"Dead." I passed her, this time to lead the way. I cannot have Calai lead if she is not even aware of what is happening around her. Daddy would be furious if he found out that Calai was annihilated by something that could have been avoided with simplicity.

"That's quite something to say," Calai said as she paced to my side. "Seriously, what's wrong with you. You're all pissy lately."

"I am always me," I responded in a flat tone. "You, of all, should know."

"How about you tell me what you're thinking?"

Thinking is not what CASTs do. We process incoming data, gather data, process output data, and react. This was what I should have said, but instead, I said, "Can't you be a little more useful?" Calai looked offended when I glanced at her. I looked forward again.

Suddenly, I switched to alert mode. Someone was standing in the center of a large, square room. It was a bulky, dark-blue RAcast with white as a subcolor and it had its arms crossed in front of it as if it was a gatekeeper. He did not move one bit as we stared at him. Friend or foe?

"State your purpose," it said. Definitely, it is ordered to assume a gatekeeper mode.

"We're just passing through," Calai energetically said. "Will you--?"

"State your purpose," it repeated.

"Okay, okay. Fine. We're here to--"

"State your purpose."

Infuriated, Calai stomped up to the RAcast. "Look here! We're here to simply pass by!"

"State your purpose."

Something was odd about the situation. Scanning around, the room was fairly different from the other rooms. It was not as large as the other rooms and appears to be a storage unit because of the boxes. Boxes... Considering the circumstances, scavenging for tools we can use would only add to our advantage... Hm? What is this? A ventilation...?

Suddenly, a loud thump resounded. Afterwards, something appeared to have slid. Then, a hissing noise. Hissing? It was from the ventilation in the box! I sealed it with the lid. I still could hear hissing. Then, it dawned upon me. The whole room had ventilation openings! Calai already seemed to have known when I noticed it. Calai tried raising the RAcast over where it was standing but it refused to remain standing. I detected the foreign contaminant leveling to our waists and quickly rising. I glanced to the doors, confirming that we were trapped inside. There had to be something we could do!

"Please, tell me what to do!"

I looked over to Calai, seeing her hands grasping each other. Praying at a time like this? What foolishness! I gave fleeting gestures all over, trying to identify a switch or an odd indentation for a trap door. The situation started to become hopeless. The foreign contaminant leveled to our shoulders!

"Yes... I... I understand."

I looked over to Calai again, seeing her eyes fixed on me. She started--toward me. What--Wait... What--I backed--odd--wall.--I not move? Calai!--hands--doing!?

--ATTEMPTING TO PATCH--

--ERROR--

--ERROR--

--FAILED TO PATCH--

--VIEWING RECORD WITHOUT ERRORS--

--can't believe you survived that. But no matter. It would be very interesting to see how a lady sounds like when she is being disassembled."

Before me was a FOmar. His taste in color was out of the ordinary. Purple was the color of royalty. Pink was also the color of royalty. Put them together on a dress and that is this FOmar: a mess with a terrible sense of fashion. I was at a severe disadvantage. I was against the wall with my hands, feet, and neck chained to the wall with photon braces. It seemed I was still in the underground caves. Maybe we were moved back, considering how wet the scenery is. I was against the wall with my hands, feet, and neck chained to the wall with photon braces.

"Where is the RAcaseal unit who was with me?"

--WATCH WITH DESCRETION--
    Spoiler!

Suddenly, an explosion destroyed a door that was out of sight. The FOmar just had enough time to look when his head exploded into a bloody mess. Calai then pressed a button on the machine next to me, which undid the photon bracers. Immediately, I tumbled downward but Calai caught me and pulled her against her.

"Oh, Sis... I'm sorry."

"Next time, arrive sooner than when I ask where you are."

Calai laughed. "Well, at least I know where we can go for now." She pressed away and held my shoulders. "We can go meet up with the resistance main force. I heard from someone that they're heading deeper into these caves but they're heading into a military top-secret location to create a headquarters there. What do you think?"

I swept her hands off my shoulders. "It will suffice. Gather as much equipment as possible and then head out."

--END RECORDING--
    SCENE: UNDERGROUND CAVES
    Last edited by ARChan; Oct 5, 2012 at 05:28 PM.

--DATA RECOVERED--

--RESUMING RECORD--

Calai had an awkward way of talking about herself. When I examined the water, I noticed something rather odd about it. It was hard to describe but it appeared to be corrosive matter.

"Oh, look! It's coming finally!"

Looking upstream along the channel, a flat hovercraft approached us. It gradually decreased in velocity until it parked at the pier. Immediately, I noticed how beaten it was. There were burn streaks, dents toward the sides of the craft, and penetration points all about the surface. Simply scanning the surface would immediately cause most to panic.

"Amazing!" Calai said as she felt its surface. I joined her on the hovercraft, which then disembarked after two minutes' wait. "This has got to be one of the crafts that De Rol Le terrorized! The rumors have got to be true. De Rol Le was said to have the ability to absorb either light or electricity and expel it as superheated photons from its long thorax or a concentrated beam from its oral cavity." She pouted as she folded her arms and shook her head. "Too bad, though. It's considered to be dead, though as we know, there is the artificial variant. Do you remember Barba Ray, Sis?"

How could I forget such a creature? It was the final creature we had to hunt to complete the virtual reality demostration that Daddy borrowed from the archives. He initially wanted to test how competent Calai was, but due to odd circumstances, I happened to be involved as well. If I piece information together and assume the rest, Barba Ray is a family variant of De Rol Le, but due to being artificially grown in a laboratory, it was considered to be tame to an extent. At least, that was the tendency of creatures replicated in the laboratories. The disturbing fact is that I, alone, cannot slay the creature. Calai can eliminate it with some difficulty, but overall, she could eliminate it on her own. After all, it is expected of a combat-type. I am only a servant-type. I cannot exceed the limits of what I can do. It is pathetic, really. As much as I try, I could not eliminate Barba Ray.

While we have artificial cloning in laboratories in perspective, the odd part is D-Cellular lifeforms are considered to be as wild as they were in Ragol. All attempts to interact with them seemed to have no ordinary baseline. In other words, there were no friendly patterns to consider unless purposely being infected by D-Factor. Those infected by D-Factor appeared to be asymptomatic when setting aside the odd growth on the site of infection. However, there were no records of Organics surviving D-Factor after two weeks at most, though most have been completely consumed by the D-Factor and disappeared. By this, out came an unconfirmed rumor that everyone on Pioneer 1 was infected. When considering the disappearances, how come D-Cellular life forms can be brought into and replicated in the laboratories but D-Factor infected hosts disappear? However, there was only one person who was an exception...

Suddenly, the hovercraft jolted, making me tumble a little, but Calai caught me. We all then stayed low, bracing ourselves for another such jolt. However, after a while, we considered our worries as a false alarm. With the hovercraft speeding through the water tunnel, the lights suddenly flickered off. I stood close to Calai, our hands embracing as soon as we could.

"What...?"

I looked over to Calai in worry. Her hand started to shake. Was she... scared?

Before I could speak, she commanded, "Check your inventory. See if you got everything you need."

"Calai--?"

"Now!" she interrupted.

She was so different at that moment. As commanded, I checked that I had a Blaster, a purple-photon rifle; an Autogun; a Brand; a Core Shield; a General Frame; and a few leg-enhancing slots. If I recall correctly, Calai had Twin Gatlings, a red-photon machinegun pair; Twin Assault, a blue-photon machinegun pair; a Brave Barrier; a Dragon Frame; and power- and leg-enhancing slots. We carried ten Monomates and four Dimates to replenish our ether count. I let her also hold onto the Moon Atomizer, which is basically a more efficient one-time-use automated defibrillator. It can only save the dying, not the dead.

Then, the lights flickered on. Although we could see, our hands nor the fear did not part. I looked over to Calai, seeing her eyes distant. When she noticed me staring, she looked away in a sorrowful manner... but her eyes parted wide.

"Impact!"

I fell off my feet as another jolt shook the whole hovercraft. I just then realized I was operating with 41% of ether replaced by foreign contaminant in my body. It was no wonder I felt so weak lately. Then, a splash resounded from behind us. Hearing the sound made me exchange glances with Calai. Could it be?

Suddenly, something jumped over the hovercraft. Immediately, we assumed combat mode. I armed my Blaster as Calai with her Twin Assault. Then, that something rammed the hovercraft from the right. We expected the impact this time. I thought it was dead! Indeed, it was a crustacean. It had a worm-like structure. It appeared to have a tough carapace with a kind of fur in between each carapace opening. It also had two antannae that extended from each side of its head. The only difference was its head... I assumed it would have a more dragon-like appearance than a beetle.

"Sis! Watch out!"

I realized I was standing stupid as the body of De Rol Le glowed slightly. It submarined for a little while and leaped out of the water, unleashing numerous light photon readings everywhere! I took my time to analyze all of the movements of the photon bolts. Dive to the left in... No! It shot another barrage! Readjust...!

I executed a sloppy tumble to the left but the first barrage went by me. Then, I turned sixty-five degrees--No! My left foot slipped on the surface of the craft. My other leg whipped out to compensate, but really, I soon realized I should have taken the fall. My leg took damage. Leg functionality decreased to 46%. My ankle shattered in nineteen points and two pullies in my knee snapped. Repairs underway.

I could hear Calai's machinguns firing unceasingly. I used a Monomate, which appears to be a kind of suppressed supplement. It helped increase damage repair almost instantly. When leg functionality increased to 68%, I heard a loud crashing noise. I looked up to find De Rol Le clinging onto the side of the craft by the large tusks. I was well enough to move without causing harm to my leg but walking with it was impossible. I raised myself to a crouching position to start firing at its head. Calai was also doing the same. After a few shots, I noticed something odd about that yellow-orange eye. Was it looking at me? The way it was waving its antannae... Barba Ray...?

It then took aim and thrusted at my direction! I managed to dive out of the way but landed on my bad leg. Bracing the inflammation response, I noticed it was taking aim again. I kicked off in time to narrowly dodge the next antannae. However, I was on the corner of the craft. I saw it was aiming again with another antanna but I was in no position to dodge. If I attempt a dodge, my momentum was leading me off the craft. I had 87% to fall off the craft.

It launched its attack. I cannot move... Calai. Help me... I'm... I'm scared!

"Sis!!!"

I looked over to Calai, seeing her running to me. No. Do not try to save me. Calai. I've always--

[CENTER]--SEVERE DAMAGE--

--ENERGY DECREASING--

--USING ENERGY RESERVES--

I could see the ceiling rapidly racing by with that antanna... I cannot comprehend where it struck me. My neck did not have enough energy to operate.

--DANGER--

Daddy, I know you wanted to see me again.

--DANGER--

Calai...

--HIBERNATION MODE ACTIVATING--

Calai, was I a good sister?

--ERROR--

... I...

--CANNOT...--

"Fortuna, open your eyes."

A blinding white scene appeared. Although numb at first, I was able to sit upright. A field of flowers? Since when was I transported here?

"Fortuna, stand and turn around."

I did as commanded. I then realized I was on a stone monument with something that looked like an altar before me. There was a pillar that was sky high. I surveyed everywhere else to see who was talking but found no one. The voice was new but it was familiar, if that made any sense.

"You are about to die, but I can save you."

Sounded tempting, but... "What is your motive for helping me?"

"Quite honestly, I am bored. Allow me to follow you around."

That was an odd response. But how would this person save me? I honestly did not know what would happen to me, but if this thing can save me, I can always turn my back when the situation allows me to do so.

"I will let you follow me," I said, "but under a few conditions."

"What will they be?"

"First, I need a direction to go. Second, you will help Calai as well as me. Third..." I grew hesitant in saying the next provision.

"... The third?"

I felt along my arm. "Help me become a better sister." There came something that felt uncomfortable. "F-fourth, you will not harm anyone if we do part. Failure to respond to any of these three will make me break away away from you or me terminating you personally. Do you understand?"

"Do you mean 'these four'?"

I did make four, but even so... "You know what I mean. What are your conditions?"

"Simply entertain me and allow me to help you."

As much as I wanted to not involve this person watching over me, I did not want to leave Calai alone in that world. She deserves better. As much as I want to deny it, I am not good enough as a sister.

"What do I need to do?" I asked, feeling as if my soul is being sold to the devil himself.

"Place your hands on the altar. Just expect a punch to the gut."

The altar... I assumed he meant the box before the pillar. I approached it as informed and kept a steady stare at my hands. I something around me was happening, but to be honest, I was too scared to look. I could hear voices whispering. What was happening? Calai... Calai, help me. I want to see your face again.

"Sis! What're you doing!? Get up!"

I gasped for my breath. It indeed felt like something punched my abdomin. I lifted myself... Wait, my leg. I could stand. My sensors also indicate 100% functionality. I felt my body, expecting a puncture wound. All that existed was... Wait. No such thing existed. Am I okay, really?

"Sis! Incoming!"

I raised my head to see something that looked like spikes land onto the hovercraft. Although they missed me, it gave clicking noises. Upon a quick examine, I noticed there being a photon instability happening inside each of them. An explosion! We both started firing upon one after the other, successfully penetrating openings for the unstable photons to escape. Then, De Rol Le fired another barrage of light photons again like the one that damaged my leg earlier. I saw Calai dash forward and jumped into an opening. Little did I know, I did the same. It was well executed. The energy flowing through me felt so good! Calai noticed I did the same and grinned as we both open fire upon the crustacean. Not so tough now, huh? After some damage, the mask on its head broke off. Prepare for pain! We both kept firing upon the head. Every photon bolt striking it made it bleed a little more than the last, but every time we struck it, the wound sealed. Persistant, are you not?

It submarined a little and leaped out of the water, landing on the other side. It then fired another light barrage. Pathetic! I can read its movements! We fired upon it a little more until it slowed out of sight. Just when I assumed it retreated, it came back toward us but on the ceiling. It was breaking off loose gravel from the ceiling. Amphibious... Right. This had to be the amphibious part of it. Calai and I parted from each other and dodged large pieces of gravel, electrical wires, signs--everything--one after the other.

Then, because of electrical shortages, the lights turned off. The only bits of light we could see were the lights on the hovercraft and the glow of the photons in our weapons. We listened closely for movement. To the left! It shot another barrage of light photons, illuminating the scene all around us. We parted from each other once again. Calai slid through a narrow opening whereas I dove through a small opening. It barely tapped my accessory parts on my armor. Basically, that warned me not to become overconfident in myself.

Then, we heard it toward the rear of the hovercraft. It was upright in a towering form as it was absorbing something... Its body glowed magnificently. Then, it shot at the hovercraft a concentrated beam! Calai and I parted again to dodge, but I rolled too much that the momentum I used made me roll across the surface. The concentrated beam swept across the surface. I stopped pronated and facing toward De Rol Le. It was charging for another shot. I decided to do the same. I maximized the rifle output. Daddy informed me that the weapon can self-destruct if I am not lucky, but this is worth everything! Survival is luck, and at this moment, I needed to make risks! De Rol Le was already firing its concentrated beam toward Calai. That was my chance. I aimed at its exposed point and fired! The photon bolt fired out a fast, massive light that I could see it tearing through the air. The shot was so powerful that it pierced through its head! It gave an ear-piercing screech and came crashing down in that instant. Lights started operating again, exposing where its green blood splattered on the hovercraft. I kept staring in that direction, waiting for something to happen... but nothing did.

I stood victoriously with my Blaster... ruined. In the end, I am my sister's sister. We share similar habits, right?

"Ugh... S-Sis...!"

I looked over to find Calai... Calai!? I dashed toward her. How could she be so careless as to fall off the craft? I reached over and had a steady grip onto something as I pulled her up. Her armor had sewage on her and sensors indicated that she stank. She scanned herself with a disgusted face. She flicked her arms to let excess water off her.

I asked, "Are you--?"

"Sis!" She did a tackling hug onto me. I fell to the ground, energy at an all-time low and her on top of me, but it was fine. "I can't believe it! You just took out Dal Ra Lie!"

Dal Ra Lie? "Huh?"

She held onto my hands with an enormous smile on her face. "Dal Ra Lie! Dal Ra Lie! It's considered to be an adult variant of De Rol Le, and I can't believe...!" She hugged me again and jumped. "I can't wait to kill you someday!"

"K-kill me?"

She then pressed her oral cavity against my face and backed away. She then turned away with her hands behind her. "You're so serious. Can't you take it easy for a while?"

Due to all that was happening, my processor finally released combat mode. I was almost terminated. Calai almost lost me. Something had me come to her and...

"Sis?"

"S-shut up. Forget what I'm doing."

... hold her in my arms.

--END RECORDING--
    SCENE: UNDERGROUND WATER CHANNEL

Entry start.

We've been walking for some time through this forest. I came to figure it was a forest because the lights often shown something green above us. It was interesting to see how little people were herding us along. Even if they lied to our faces, a fool would realize that it's only Caseals walking in this line. The Casts were pulled off the line and terminated. I wondered what they were planning. If they think Caseals are any weaker than Casts, they will soon discover how wrong they are.

I looked around as we all came upon an open range with a square opening. Organics of different sorts were already on site. They're all lined up and waiting with their ranged weapons. A shooting gallery, huh? Not bad. I tried to reach for Sis's hand but she suddenly turned away. I tried to figure out what was happening but soon found out that the lines were being separated into rows rather than columns. A Caseal tried to pass me but I shoved her aside to stay with Sis. When I looked over to her, I saw her looking up. I traced what she was looking at to find her looking up to Pioneer 2. She must be thinking about Daddy. The two were pretty close, after all. I'm always out doing odd jobs in guilds. In a way, I'm pretty jealous. However, at the end of the day between us two, the last one into the house always met with the other and we exchanged stories of what we did. While we did so, we often cooked, folded Daddy's laundry, cleaned his room, cleaned the laboratory space... Now that I think about it, Daddy's like a kid in a grown body. He never cleans for himself and always comes around demanding where we had put a certain item. When putting that aside, he was actually a kind father. He was the one who taught us to cook, fold laundry, treat guests, brew tea, play instruments--everything. He was a true genius who knew how to do everything from domestication to basic combat skills. The only thing he truly lacked was the need to be consoled. That was where Sis exceled at. She was often by his side and comforted him when he seemed to be having a hard time.

"Ready!" the commanding Organic yelled.

I exchanged glances with Sis. When her sights moved off me, I clapped my hands together and closed my eyes. I whispered, "What're we going to do? Please, tell me."

"Jump."

I better not question the motive. I know that he meant fine. We will be safe if he is watching us. I guarantee it.

"Aim!" the commanding Organic yelled.

This is the time of truth. I snatched Sis's arm as she was about to turn. I did not have to look at her to know that she was going to fight them off. It makes me wonder if she should have been me rather than me being... well... me. I sighed and... well... I looked up to Sis and smiled. I know she does not know what I'm thinking. I moved my hand along her arm and my hand fitted into hers. When she was preoccupied with something and her sights moved toward the hole, I stepped a little behind her. I didn't want to see her sad. I...

"Fire!"

I forgot my place! I shoved Sis into the hole. I leaned forward to fall--Shit...! A photon bolt...! I could feel my body already wanting to shut down. Sis... It felt like a dream. Even though I was dying and we were falling, just being within her arms... Sis...

--EMERGENCY STOP TO UNNECESSARY PROCESSES--

--REBOOTING--

My senses became operational again as we continued to fall. I was mostly fine suddenly. Sis still held onto me but I noticed her OS had shut down. Maybe it's best she doesn't see what's about to happen. After all... I don't think that she'll be able to understand why I'm like this.

I dug my teeth into my index finger, letting out ether deposits into the air and drew a the pioneer symbol into the air. "Ready when you are!"

Suddenly, a photon barrier formed around us just in time as we crashed down into the lava. I pried Sis's arms open and carried her on my back. We were like a ball on water: floating along the lava as Caseals continued to fall around us and some crashing against the photon barrier. Due to them hitting the barrier, we were able to wash ashore. The moment my foot stretched out and leaned toward the rocks, the barrier disappeared. However, along with the barrier went the zero-gravity field. Sheesh, Sis! You need to lose some pounds! I continued carrying her along the path that seemed to have been once occupied by Pioneer 1 folks. Then, I found some boxes. It's so fucking hot!!! I know that Sis is hot, but sheesh! I didn't ever mean for her to literally be hot!

I dropped down and let her down by a few boxes. Man. I could kill for a Monomate. Well, these boxes seem fine to look into. Let's see here... Hm. Well, it's futile to open a malfunctioned container. I can't open it!

"Allow me."

"Huh?"

Suddenly, the boxes blew open. I thought I saw my life flash before my eyes. I looked over my shoulder to find a huge purple RAcast with a white subcolor. He had a Cannon, a purple-photon shotgun weapon. Seriously, I felt like punting his ass to Coral. That was too close for comfort!

"Isn't my aim awesome?" he laughed as he started peeking into the boxes.

"Awesome enough to make Rappies look better with a gun, you fuck!" I'm glad that Sis isn't awake to hear me like this.

"You mad?"

I gritted my teeth and swallowed my pride to peek into the other boxes. Hm. Twin Machineguns. Lucky! I'm always having good luck with Sis around. There was also a Soul Frame and Soul Barrier. Monomates? Monomates? Aw, what? Seriously? The fucking Cast got the box full of Trimates and took them all! All that's left is a Moon Atomizer. I guess I should--"Wha, hey!"

The RAcast dangled the Moon Atomizer out of my reach. "Survival of the fittest, M'lady."

I armed the Twin Machineguns and aimed at him. "Give it to me."

"What're you going to--Gah!"

I shot his leg until he kneeled. "I swear. Don't make me fuck you up, fucking turd! Don't think I'm just like any 'lady'!" Oh yeah. That totally felt good.

The RAcast accessed his inventory and activated the Moon Atomizer. The green box grew legs and laid on Sis. It then defibrilated her. She's gotta be awake now. Thank goodness. We're both safe. Hm? What? Hey!

"What're you...!?"

"We're heading out. I doubt that the lady's going to live. Didn't you see how melted she looked?

What? She was...? No! "Fortuna! Fortuna, get up! Come on! Fortuna...! No! Let go! Fortuna!" I thrashed, kicked, whatever I could. However, I was not made for physical combat. The RAcast was taking all the blows after the other with just a shrug. Fucking turd!

Suddenly, he shoved me forward. Before I can run back, he kicked me back.

"What's your fucking problem!?" I roared.

The RAcast sighed. "You have no idea what's going on, huh?"

"You don't know what's going on! She's my sister! I can't just leave her like that!"

He folded his arms. "You're not going anywhere except for the resistance branch. I've let too much CASTs to their doom in a similar manner as you. Don't get me wrong. I want what's best for all of us, but if I keep letting you all go like you, there won't be much of a resistance force."

"Can't you carry her at least?"

"I don't want to carry her. I might injure her unexpectedly if I do. Besides, I didn't find anyone down this way. If she's going to be fine, she'll find us. Now, let's go."

He passed me. Something felt strange about him. "SOUL?" I asked.

He stopped and turned to look at me. "What of it?"

Thought so. He seemed a little too different from the other CASTs I've seen, aside from the ones in the labs and Sis. That must mean... "You're a lab CAST, weren't you?" He turned away and continued on. Of course. He must know what's going on as well. I paced on over to his side and said, "Hey, I'm sorry if I was mean to you. I thought you're like the other CASTs."

"It's survival. I'll manage."

We became quiet and continued walking onward. We were crossing what seemed to be rocky paths in the midst of lava. Nothing much was happening. That was good. If we confronted any hostiles in this straight path, I will have no choice but to annihilate them. I can't let them get away. Sis is all they'll find down this way.

However, it was eerie to see not a single monster down this way. Due to something that Tyrell's Hero did, the amount of hostiled severely decreased. These caves used to be overrun by Sharks variants, Lily variants, Assassin variants, and Nano Dragons. To be honest, I missed killing them. Lately, I've been hunting runaway Organics, and I can't even kill them unless they show force.

After a while, we came to what seemed to be a cold area. The CAST seemed to know where he was going. Suddenly, he then handed me a message transceiver.

"Input your sister's name into the first line and press record. Tell her we're heading to a resistance branch down by the waterfalls deep into the caves. However, the thing is that we're going to have to move out when we get there. We're too close to the surface and Organics are bound to want to find us."

As I typed Sis's ID into the transceiver, I asked, "Is there a place to rally or something? I think you said we're heading to a resistance branch."

"That's correct. We didn't really designate a place to meet up because of memory leaking. It'd suck a whole lot if we get ambushed because of a few friendlies being interrogated."

How true. Well, anyway... I pressed the record button and said into it, "Fortuna, I'm apparently going to an underground resistance force. It's near a place with waterfalls. However, it seems they're planning on moving again. Hurry!" Then, I pressed the record button to turn it off. It suddenly disappeared from my hand.

"Don't worry," he said. "It's a custom transceiver. It'll only appear if the person you entered into it approaches it and it'll self-destruct after the recording is done."

"Oh. Sweet! Do you have any more?"

He looked straight. "It's the only one I got."

"Huh?"

"It was a gift from my master."

"Wait..." He looked over to me. "Wait, what? You..."

"No need to worry. I'll survive and go back to him someday. Besides, I know that he's safe."

I started to feel bad. I beat the crap out of the guy and here he is... Wait a second. "Why were you an ass earlier, anyway?"

He laughed. "I noticed you operated unlike a usual CAST. You can say I felt love."

I punched his arm, but it was solid rock. Grr... "Don't fucking say stuff like that."

He laughed. Then, we exchanged information about each other and who we were before the whole O. P. S. S. started. His name was John. What an ordinary name... I like it. Anyway, he was a security CAST who guarded the entrance to the labs. It does explain why he was down here earlier than me. His weapon of choice was a legendary shotgun known as Final Impact. He received it upon looting a trespasser one time. It was a funny story, since security androids are supposed to have all items confiscated and then put into the appropriate place. It is interesting, now that I think about it. John and I must have had numerous opportunities to meet each other, and here we are, talking to each other when it was unlikely to ever meet. John, if we have met before, would we be friends like how we are now?

But I cannot truly smile until I know that Sis is alive and well. Please, Sis. Come find me.

Ending entry.
    Location is on Ragol.
    Scene is... uh... underground waterfall cavern? Maybe. I'll just say underground caves.

Now for a break from all the seriousness!
    !!!OMAKE TIME!!!

If you have troubles trying to understand the punchline, read the title. If you still can't, ask me :P

*Disclaimer: These segments do not contribute to the story whatsoever

---

[Breaking the 4th Wall]

Calai: Sis! Sis!

Fortuna: Calai, calm down! What is wrong?

Calai: Sis! I shot this Rappy in the face earlier! Suddenly, a red box appeared! Am I going mad!?

Fortuna: (To herself) I cannot say that it is game physics, right?

Calai: ... Huh? What's wrong?

Fortuna: N-nothi--Hey!!!

Calai: It's your fault that time!

---

[Coughs, huh?]

Calai: Sis, how do you get Daddy to bed so easily? (Notices a jar of peanut butter in the vicinity.) Huh? Don't you know that dad's allergic to--

(Fortuna places a teaspoonful of peanut butter into a cup of tea and stirs briskly.)

Fortuna: You did not see anything.

Calai: (Gulps and thinks to herself) Scary...

---

[Grocery shopping!]

RAmarl: Oh, look. It's Professor Felix's Android. (To herself) What's with the tub of peanut butter?

---

[In a Human's perspective]

(Somewhere in the shopping district.)

Calai: La la-la la-la la-la la la la~

Calai: Don't worry! All I have to do is go home and take that tracer thingy from Dad's room. Then, I'll be able to find her.

Calai: Oh, stop worrying! Have some fun, now that you found me.

(RAmarl approaches Calai)

RAmarl: Excuse me. There was an order by Sir Principal that all CASTs need to undergo inspection... (To herself) ... and quite frankly, you're freaking me out.

---

[In a CAST's perspective pt. 1]

RAmarl: Please excuse us. We need to escort you to your residence. Is that of any inconvenience?

Calai: Ha ha ha! Such vulgar words.

RAmarl: "Vulgar words"?

Calai: Eh he he... O-oh. Sorry. I was talking to my MAG."

RAmarl: Another MAG whisperer, huh? Interesting...

Calai: (To herself) He he... Works every time.

---

[In a CAST's perspective pt. 2]

RAmarl: Please excuse us. We need to escort you to your residence. Is that of any inconvenience?

Kalki: Of course it's inconvenient! Damn military folk.

Calai: Ha ha ha! Such vulgar words.

RAmarl: "Vulgar words"?

Calai: Eh he he... O-oh. Sorry. I was talking to my MAG."

RAmarl: Another MAG whisperer, huh? Interesting...

Calai: (To herself) Something doesn't look right. Her eyes? No... That smirk? Wait... What? Brocolli!?! Ew! Gross!

(Calai runs away)

Kalki: I'm forever scarred.

---

[The henchmen]

RAmarl: That's the 9th Caseal today! Damn it!

Lackey 1: Should we tell her?

Lackey 2: You tell her.

Lackey 1: Hey, I have kids!

(RAmarl feels someone tap her shoulder)

RAmarl: What!?!

Fortuna: Excuse me, Miss? There's brocolli in your teeth.

Lackey 1 & 2: (To themselves) We shall praise you all our lives.

---

[The faithful servant]

(Fortuna enters with a tray of tea and pours tea for Felix and his guests)

Fortuna: Daddy, you look pale. Do take some rest immediately.

Felix: S-sure. Let me just... (Takes a sip of tea, but suddenly starts coughing.)

Fortuna: (To herself) Hook, line, and sinker, Bitch!

---

[They like it rough]

Lackey 1: Why do we have to stay outside?

Lackey 2: Seriously...

Fortuna: Please take some rest. There is always tomorrow for your experiments.

RAmarl: You're coming with me.

Fortuna: Daddy's health is highest priority. I will perform this task unconditionally.

RAmarl: Stubborn... Me taking you is highest priority. Now, get going.

(A slap sound.)

Fortuna: Filthy Organic. Mind your manners.

RAmarl: You...!

Lackey 1 & 2: (To themselves) Whoa! I wanna see!

(The two rush in)

---

[Finally...]

Felix: I will be okay. Protect Fortuna.

Calai: But...

Felix: That's a direct order, Calai!

(Everyone but Felix leaves.)

Felix: (Sigh) Well, there's some leftover tea, I bet.

---

[It's raining]

(Somewhere in the underground caves...)

John: Huh?

(Looks up and finds numerous Caseals falling from the ceiling.)

John: I heard of raining cats and dogs, but... damn!
    Last edited by ARChan; Oct 10, 2012 at 05:57 PM.
    I'm working on a fanfic!
    Click here to check it out!

--RECORDING 9--

"Sis?"

"What is it?"

"Who do you want to be if you're able to become someone else?"

It was interesting to find the hovercraft stopping at what seemed to be an access point to some place above the water channel. The pier was simply a stepping stone to a ladder that only one person can access at a time, but it seemed the floor had given away due to corrosion or a hard collision. Calai led the way while I stood guard with my Autogun.

"Quite the waterworks."

My body became stiff. Was someone watching us the whole time?

"Yes, I've been here the whole time."

Huh? I looked over my shoulder, expecting someone. In my immediate surroundings, I found a large mechanical butterfly with a small face and a raccoon tail. It had a blue body, white wings, and silver as its subcolor. It was a MAG. I believe the kind it is was something called a Pushan.

"I hate the name Pushan."

Huh. No wonder it was able to access my mind. MAGs are able to synchronize its data with its host. In this manner, the MAG can lend strength to the holder in such wondrous ways, such as physical endurance, photon amplification, guidance amplification, and mental amplification. Lately, I have not been seeing MAGs around Pioneer 2, and those who usually have MAGs are hunters or black marketers. Seeing a MAG to my disposal was an utter shock. I must be lucky to have found one somehow.

"Hmm... I like that word..."

"Hm? What word?"

"Lucky. You know what? You can call me Lucky." He spun. "Nice to meet you, Tuna."

... Tuna?

"Oh, don't like that? How about Forte?"

I do not plan really to stand out. Forte is an awkward name for me.

"Not Forte, huh? How about Anutrof?"

"How about Fortuna?" I asked, disregarding his need to call me names.

"Huh. Lucky and Fortuna. Makes us sound a little..."

"... too alike." I looked away to see Calai not back yet from her inspection above. "How about Futura?"

"The future, huh? Lucky future. I like the sound of that."

Something about this was a little too familiar. I pondered as to why that was, but the thought process was interrupted when Calai tapped once on the ladder. It was her signal that the scene was clear. I then tapped twice on the ladder, confirming that I understood and began climbing.

When I reached the top, Calai closed the hatch to find the place more mechanized but in what seemed to be a jungle. It was a bit of a relief, but at the same time, it was ominous.

"That's weird," Calai said to herself. "We're at Gal Da Val Islands."

Of course it was familiar. We both came here one time with Daddy to inspect several findings in the western tower by an unknown client. I only know that we were here one day and that was all that was significant. Nothing else was as such.

Calai folded her arms and began processing data. "Really, that boat ride wasn't that long. I wonder... Huh? What?" She shoved me aside and she began patting the ground. "Wait, wait. What? I swear...!" I looked over to what she was concerned about and found nothing. Indeed, that was a concern. She knocked at the floor but found it was solid. "No way..."

At least we are all at a different location than the Organics. In a way, it was for the best. However, even so, we should not--

"I swear, I heard something down this way."

We all just had enough time to turn but instead found someone already in sights. I raised my arms to aim with my Autogun but Calai whipped a hand out to stop me. I stopped when I found a RAcast aiming a Beam--a red-photon rifle--at us.

"Warning. Intruder alert."

"Hey, we're one of you." Calai took a step forward. "Can't you see--?"

The CAST shot at her but Calai's reaction time had her block the attack instantly. He then said, "Halt. Stay where you are."

Calai raised her hands, surrendering. She motioned for me to do the same. Once I did as ordered after stowing my Autogun, a HUcaseal came into view. She had a yellow main color and a blue subcolor.

The HUcaseal folded her arms upon acknowledging us. "Oh. What do we got here?"

"Ladies, Mila--"

The HUcaseal snapped a spinning roundhouse kick to his torso, sending him flying until he hit a box that prevented him from falling overboard into the water. Huh. Interesting. I soon realized we were at a dam.

"Do forgive his manners," she said as she stepped forward to greet us with open arms. Her visual sensors moved upon me. "I didn't mean for him to scare you."

Calai laughed. "Oh, it was--"

The HUcaseal snatched my hand and pulled me along. "Let's go to the big boss's chambers! I must see to it that you are invited properly."

I glanced back to Calai. She was hesitant to follow. The RAcast then pushed himself up to follow us along the dam. It was odd to find us just below more water. How long had I been unconscious? Also, the Gal Da Val Islands were considerably far away, and by the volecity we were traveling from the Pioneer 1 Central Dome relic, we would only be halfway in between the two locations. However, we were here: on an isolated location away from Pioneer 1 that once conducted top-secret research and possibly headed by Dr. Osto himself.

Dr. Osto was a head researcher onboard Pioneer 1. If data serves correctly, although he was highly regarded, he also conducted research that should be considered on the blacklist of laboratories. With this location being away from the main residential area and on an island, all kinds of research was considered to have happened here. Military Hero Heathcliff Flowen was considered to be declared dead here, but for some reason, Tyrell's Hero was able to find what was left of Mr. Flowen: a massive D-Cellular humanoid in the depths of the seabed laboratory. If considering him, he would be the second person found alive after the mysterious explosion. For some reason, there were rumors that the first person alive was Red Ring Rico Tyrell and that Tyrell's Hero was the one who slain her. When I process this, Tyrell's Hero sounds more of a savage beast than anything else. He--assuming the gender is male--is able to kill massive D-cellular humanoids and especially several other massive objects such as De Rol Le, Pioneer 1's Main AI Vol Opt, Barba Ray, Pioneer 2's remake attempt of Coral's Gol Dragon, a Gal Griphon... I assume he was at a level similar to Black Paper's Black Hound Kireek who was considered able to kill just as efficiently, but even then, he was slain by Tyrell's Hero. And because of Tyrell's Hero, there came a wave of the infamous "Organic Superiority." I assume the thought was that Tyrell's Hero was an Organic. After all, no normal CAST could rebel against a humanoid unless commanded to. Assuming that all this is true, this O. P. S. S. order from the new principal was in favor of the Organic Superiority faction. Cleansing? Fixing? Such utter lies. Those military fools tried to annihilate us!

The HUcaseal said, "Big boss loves new CASTs. Big boss is tall, beautiful, and especially caring. Big boss is going to find you interesting, for sure."

I realized she was only talking to me. Why me? Why not Calai? She is more interactive than I am. I am nothing worth praising! I kept on being pulled and then pulled down along the side of the dam, where a landing was. I remember this location. It was from Elly Person's recording of the time she came down onto the Gal Da Val Islands due to an odd series of events. If I do recall, Tyrell's Hero was the one who accepted the mission. There was never a clear view of whoever the person was. The hero excelled in swiftness, power, and mechanics.

"Big boss! I found someone snooping around!"

"Big boss?"

An Organic girl turned to us. She appeared to be a fifteen-year-old Human. Although still maturing in looks, something about her seemed out of the ordinary. I came into alert mode upon seeing her. Surely, where one Organic is, another is nearby.

"Hello, Ms. Caseal."

The Human girl held a hand out to me. I did not attempt to reach out to her. So, she smiled and came to me. Her outstretched hand rose up to feel my face. I kept visuals on her, waiting for a sign to react upon.

"You have an ill fate. Here. Let me--"

I slapped her hand away but found a Twin Brand--a blue-photon double saber--to my neck and a Beam to my head.

"Stand down," the RAcast commanded.

The Human girl sighed and patted the CASTs. The two moved back and left the girl to me. Her disciples, huh? The girl lifted a hand and placed it on my thorax. She then chanted something to herself...

Suddenly, she was blown back. It was like a massive force pushed her away from me. The CASTs barely reacted in time to catch her. She was out of breath and pale. What was happening?

"Big boss!" the two CASTs kept calling. I do not know what was happening but I know for sure that the two are bound to her. I came to them but the girl cowered away upon seeing me.

"The catalyst!" she cried. "The catalyst! Begone!"

Catalyst? She was even pointing at me. What is happening? Suddenly, photon bolts shot around me, striking the two CASTs. As the two staggered and as I was turning to see what was happening, I was struck from the side. I crashed against the wall with massive damage to my right waist. I turned with an Autogun at hand to find the two CASTs already annihilated and two smoking Gatlings in Calai's hands. Her expression was not cheerful nor even identifiable. It is her but I could not recognize her.

She said with such contempt, "You do not know what you are talking about, girlie."

"You're the disciple. Quickly! While you still can, turn away from--!"

Calai shot through her forehead relentlessly with a charged shot, leaving not much of the girl's head left on the neck. The body fell back as fragments of flesh, organs, and bone mixed with a massive splatter of blood. Calai sighed and turned her head over to me.

Wait... What is this? My hands...!

"Sis, what're you--?"

"Shut up!" my voice thundered. "Where is Calai?" My hands shook as they aimed the Autogun at her.

"What're you talking about? I'm me!"

Calai is not like this. There has to be some mistake. She is not Calai. She is NOT Calai!!!

"Sis!"

The loud pop of the Autogun resounded. My breaths were labored and my processor was scorching. Too many processes. I had to undo some processes... But what? I... I do not...

"Sis! What...?"

My visual lens open and I look straight in front of me. Calai was before me with my arms pressed up. She must have deflected my arms as I shot into the air.

"What's wrong with you!?" she exclaimed.

That is what I should be asking, but... "Who are you? What have you done with Calai?"

"Listen to me!" I tried freeing my arms but she pinned them against the wall. "Sis! Listen!"

Calai: the defender. Calai: the justified one. Calai: the merciful one. The one I saw contradicted those. Calai... Calai! You're not Calai!

"I've always said I'll protect you." She then moved her hands along my arm to curl into mine. "I'll protect you from anything that will separate us--that will change us." She attempted a smile but her face was distraught. "You're not my enemy. The last person I want to fight is you." Our hands moved between us and her forehead pressed against mine.

Calai... "What is the name of Daddy?"

She shook her head against mine. "We don't know his name. We're not supposed to know."

"Where is Mommy?"

"She disappeared in the explosion."

"Who are you to me?"

"I am your uber sexy sister."

"Calai?"

"Hm?"

"Shut up."

"No, you shut up."

Calai... My fingers curled, fitting my hands into hers. So much pressure was on my cheeks. I cannot help but smile. She pressed away to find my visual lens lowered and that crook on my face. Calai smiled back as she laughed.

"Now, I should be the one asking if you're Sis. My Sis never smiles."

I glanced up at her but shot my lenses away from her. "Your sensors need to be checked."

She came close to me and whispered into one of my auditory sensors, "It looks good on you. You should smile more." She pressed away and saw that my smile was still on me. "Feelings can't be denied forever, Sis. Let it all out." I nodded with my head still bowed. "But you know, don't smile too much. You're too cute."

I ripped my hands away from her and walked away. However, I realized we were romancing upon another's grave. I stared at the girl's remains. Calai, you said you are protecting me. How does this even relate to protecting me?

"I'll tell you in due time," Calai said as she curled a hand into mine. "I'll tell you everything when it is time. Until then..." Her grip tightened. "... you have to trust me. I'll protect you and we'll go back to Daddy together, okay?"

"Promise?"

Calai looked over to me. I kept staring at the remains but my priority was completely on her.

She sighed and said, "Yeah. I promise."

I came to the RAcast and started rummaging through his inventory. "We're moving in a little while. Take what you can."

Calai, when we get home, I will prepare some cake. I promise you that.

--END RECORDING--
    SCENE: CENTRAL CONTROL AREA IN GAL DA VAL ISLANDS
    Last edited by ARChan; Oct 13, 2012 at 12:59 AM.

Entry start.

Well... Maybe I should... Nah.

Ending entr--Wait...

Hmm... Something's wrong here.

--AUTOMATED ENTRY EDIT ACTIVATED--

I wonder how Sis's doing. I hope the Moon Atomizer really worked on her before she was beyond repair. I know that the place I left her was hot but it was not hot enough to melt a CAST's internal organs. She will be okay as long as she does not get reckless. She's not like me, though she does seem to believe she's a normal CAST.

John sure does have some broad shoulders. I wonder how he manages to stay alive with such a massive build. Size seems to be a problem when faced against an enemy with photon. The smaller you are with a photon weapon, the better you are. However, smaller models are known to not be able to kick off the ground with the same amount of force as the larger models. So, longer and faster strides are more for the larger models. Assuming that John does have the capabilities to be agile, he can totally kick my ass. However, RAcast are known to be walking tanks with underlying photon enhancers throughout the body. I doubt most of his build is meant for mobility and durability as opposed to photon enhancing. Well... we're known to use underlying Photon Boosters in our armor. These use the ether intake in the duration of whenever we attack, forcing our natural healing to stop temporarily.

Wait, why am I thinking about this shit? Knowledge review is over, lady. Hm? What on Coral is that? They're fucking those Caseal? Aren't they deactivated!? Necrophiliacs!

"Gross."

"I'm glad I'm not one of them."

"Agreed. Looks like a few are still operational. Let's take out these guys and get the others out."

Inventory > Item Pack > Twin Machineguns > Equip. "Okay. Let me take the lead."

"Are you sure?"

"You're too big to sneak around. Just wait and use your judgment to start attacking.

"Understood."

Okay. There are boxes to the left I can hide behind. I'll just have to wait for the guy to... Gross! Ejaculating into that Caseal like that? Seriously, I think I'm going to hurl if this keeps up... Sis... Seriously, if I don't kill them all, Sis is going to possibly end up like them. I'll kill them all! And... GO!

Dash forward... Get as close to the bunch of them... and... FIRE! Pathetic. Took care of that one no problem. Oh no you don't! Hah! Took your arm out, bitch! And DIE! Headshot! And another! I can totally keep this up. Oh, whoa--HEY!

"That was a little close there!"

"I didn't hit you, okay? Quit your whining! Get them out of here, I got these guys!"

Seems he got that whole side covered. Sweet! Now, these Caseals... Whoa, there are Casts here as well. That one looks cute... I could just kiss her to death!

"Hey, Lady! You done talking to them?"

Right. I'll just kiss her to death later. Anyway... "Casts, Caseals: Follow me."

The CASTs all activated from their sleep mode and most were able to stand. Some were too damaged to follow and malfunctioned on spot.

"Hey, Cal! Catch!"

Huh? What...? Oh. Sweet! A blue-photon shotgun... err... Spread, I think it's named. Inventory > Item Pack > Spread > Equip. "Hey, John. Is that all?"

"Looks like it. Anyway, set their follow coordinates to me."

Okay, how does it go...? Oh. Right. "Casts, Caseals: Follow." And chopping action with two fingers toward John... Done. "Take the lead. I'll cover you."

"Thanks. In case we get separated, I hope to see you again."

"If you can't save them, save yourself. You're more important than they are as of now."

"Making me blush, lady."

As if. Well, big giant, lead the wa--Shit! Aw, fuck! Just when I got this weapon! RAmar. A Laser? Shit. My shield is overloaded too. Well, I guess it's time I step to the beat.

"Get going. I got this."

"Okay. It was nice seeing you."

"Likewise." Damn. There goes that cute Caseal too... Can I at least have that one with me? Whoa! Yellow photon bolt! Okay... Shit. His accuracy's too good. I guess I'll use this! Inventory > Item Pack > Twin Machineguns > Equip. I shouldn't let this one go. He'll most likely chase us to the ends of Ragol, or even worse: find Sis. I don't want to bear the thought.

Twirl a little for momentum... and dash toward the RAmar! Damn! His accuracy and quickness to aim with his rifle is too great. I need a distraction... Machineguns... Duh! Open fire!!! C'mon! Hit him. Even once! Quit blocking...! Damn it! Overload! Switch to off. Aiming... aiming... Leg! Aiming... Shoulder! Head! Even if I can read where his aim is, I can't keep this up! I need to get close, but he knows that as well. Damn it... Damn it!

Huh? Wait, what? Sis! You're...! Oh, shit! The RAmar! He's...! "Hey, Sis!"

The RAmar shot his Laser at Sis and it connected! I want to help her, but running to her would only put me at a disadvantage. The RAmar's attention is elsewhere... This is my chance! Gain momentum and flick my thumbs over the power trigger of the Machineguns... They had to be done cooling down by now. Okay. I'll get you good, boy! You're going to fucking pay! Got your leg... Now... DIE!!!

"Calai, stop!!!"

Sis? No... I can't stop my fingers! Shift...! Aw, fuck! That hurts! Did I hit him? Sis has got to have a good reason to tell me to stop. Oh. Good. Just disabled his gun. Sweet...

"Jean! G-get away from him!"

Huh? A girl? Wait, a FOnewearl? Uh... tripped... So much is going on... Sis... Sis! Fuck whatever these Organics want to say. I want to...

"We're not going to die. This Caseal--" The FOnewearl pointed to Sis. "--she helped me get here. She saved me once on the way here. Jean, let's stop this."

"We... we can't. We only need... two more. Just two more."

For reals? I guess those military folks really wanted to annihilate us all. But really... "This pish-posh again? Seriously?" Pipe them out of here on a good note. Maybe this might help our cause. Now to mask my reasons... "Get a room, you two. Besides, you're better alive than dead."

The FOnewearl looks cute... I want to do much to you! "Thank you... uh..."

"Calai." I can't take this! Sis, get in front of...! "And this sexy thing is Fortuna. Say 'Hi,' Fortuna!"

"Glad to have met your acquaintance."

What the fuck, Sis! Don't bend over!

"Why not come with us? We can work something out. We--"

"Nope! We have other plans." Get the fuck away, bitch. I don't know what you're thinking but just stay the fuck away. You're too cute but... just... just... stay away!

"But...! Well... okay."

Well, she's kind enough to give me something... I guess we could... No! Sis and I are going to stay here, bitch! Get out!

"I wish to see you two again under better circumstances. Especially you. Thank you so much."

Seriously, get away from...! Sis? What...? No way! "Can you hurry it up?" An excuse... An excuse...! A-ha! "That guy already passed out!"

That's right... Realize your... Hey, Sis! Stay out... Oh, okay. Well, since the FOnewearl is out of the way... What? Sis? Don't tell you like her! She's a whore! Don't give in to the likes of her! Why aren't you looking at me, Sis? Don't you know how afraid I was? Sis? Sis... "So rude!"

Now she looks at me. Sheesh...

"What is it?"

Wha...? Seri...! "Don't 'What is it' me! No, 'O.M.G., Sis! I missed you!'? Or 'I want to take you home'? Seriously? Nothing?" C'mon, Sis... ... "C'mon, say something!"

"Welcome to my presence."

Cheeky little...! Daddy, you have an intelligent dimwit of a daughter in front of me. Get her fixed as soon as we get home, okay? Still, seeing her... "Good enough." Sis... Sis! "I'm so glad you're safe, Sis." Wait... What're you...?

"Let us continue."

"W-wha...?"

"Let us continue."

She's turning away from me. She flatly rejected my embrace! Daddy, why did you even make a Caseal like that? She's not an Organic. She is an Android. We are both Androids. So, tell me this:

Why is she so different?

Wait...

What the fuck? It's been recording--End entry!
    Last edited by ARChan; Oct 15, 2012 at 02:32 PM.

--RECORDING 10--

"Sis, what're we going to do now?"

Apparently, we found a way to go into the seabeds facility via portal. Unfortunately, knowing how portals operate, Pioneer 2 inhabitants know about the portal being operational the moment it started operating. As for this new location, this was where Mr. Flowen had gone to before he was mutated and merged with the AI named Olga. It was frightening to think about how an Organic and Inorganic could merge like that. D-Factor has to be a fairly potent pathogen to do such a thing.

"Sis, what're these things?"

Calai was looking through the glass of a tunnel we were going through. There were things moving about in the water. "When comparing the creatures, the closest description would be according to the old archives. According to Coralean lore, those things are called 'fish.'"

"Fish, huh?" She folded her arms and processed data for a while. "Since 'fish' are old lore, I wonder if..." Her voice trailed away. I stayed quiet as she was processing something, but when she looked at me, she smiled and said, "Oh. Don't mind me. Just thinking out loud."

I nodded and continued deeper into the facility. However, there were numerous blockages due to breaches to the hull of the facility. Whatever managed to puncture openings to the hull had to be strong. These metals are meant to withstand even head-on collisions against asteroids. It makes one wonder what really travels in these waters. Maybe more crustaceans such as De Rol Le or Barba Ray would be a safe guess. However, who knew what were traveling in these waters. There were not that much investigations in the aquatic life.

After a while, we were faced against a dead end with a locked door to greet us. The door was cold, and did not sound hollow when Calai knocked on it. That only meant one thing: a flooded room. We did not even bother to investigate further and turned around for another route to take. Staying in these facilities for a long while would not be beneficial at all. For sure, the cameras can be hacked by someone onboard Pioneer 2 and we will be spotted in no time. There was no time to waste. There had to be a portal somewhere that led to other locations than the dam at the Gal Da Val Islands.

"This is odd."

I looked over to find Calai kneeling down and investigating something on the floor. Interesting. A foreign contaminant. It had a color of cyanic-green. Calai touched it and sensors indicated a toxic substance.

"Altered Beast blood," Calai assessed. "The amount of coagulation indicates... Huh? Wait...!" She glanced around. "Where's the body?"

We looked all about us. Calai was still crouched down when something dripped on her. I looked up to find...

"Calai, move!"

Calai dove away from her location as an odd blood stain descended and a loud clank resounded from where she stood. However, it did not only resound in just one location but all about the square room! Invisible units... Sensors indicate four targets. We heard noises and especially an odd sound of portal distortion. Sensors indicate... Behind me? I only had enough time to find a transparent, massive, blue humanoid security drone absorb the heat in front of it! Suddenly, I was tackled aside when ice photons sprayed out from the drone! Sinow-type model-ZOA. It has decent maneuverability when considering its size and has the ability to freeze objects in a fashion similar to Gibarta: an ice technique that fans out and freezes enemies up to 45-degrees in the front arc. It has the ability to cloak itself into a perfect camouflage and make short-range teleports.

I was then lifted up to my feet and shoved aside. "Keep your ears and eyes open, Sis! Cover me!" She then equipped her Twin Gatlings--a red-photon machinegun-type weapon--and begain peppering the room in the general locations of the enemies. Whenever a photon bolt struck a Sinow unit, a brief moment of their perfect camouflage distorts, allowing me to discover their exact locations and sizes. I armed the Laser that we scavenged off the RAcast earlier and began firing upon every Sinow I could see. I cannot see them otherwise... The Sinow units kept trying to freeze Calai but she was always too swift for them, especially since their preparation time for their ice attacks were too long. Can there be a more simple way to find them?

"Sis!"

I looked over to Calai, seeing her toss a trap up from where she stood. I took my aim at it as she ran from her location and fired when she was at a safe distance. In an instant, the room blazed! The heat in the room intensified, having the ice particles melt and condense onto the Sinow. Genius, Calai! Since the enemies could be seen, it immediately became a shooting gallery. The only worry we had were when they tended to want to do sucker punches when they teleported behind us or when they wanted to lunge at us and do a double fist hammer. Their attacks were so projected that it was easy to dodge every time. Easy... Too easy!

Suddenly, an odd roar resounded. Then came stomping! Calai managed to barely dodge out of the way of a charging canine-type enemy! It knocked over one Sinow unit and began mauling it, ripping it and and scrapping it until it was unrecognizable. No way... No way! I thought D-Cellular creatures were extinct on the surface! What is going on here?

The canine creature is a feared D-Cellular creature known as a Delbiter. It has wolf-like capabilities but they are often found excluded from other Delbiters, probably because of their tendency of divide and conquer. To make matters worse, it has such a fearsome roar that tremors the mind of even the strongest Organics to go into a panic. If that was not enough, it also has the ability to absorb light and shoot it in a massive concentrated beam like De Rol Le. It is odd though, since De Rol Le is considered to have Altered Beast attributes.

The Sinow units then prioritized on the Delbiter. One of the three lunged forward but the Delbiter charged at it, knocking it down mid-air. One of the Sinow units then managed to cast its freezing attack on it but the Delbiter roared, shattering the ice particles that clung onto it.

Calai then patted my arm and signaled that we should escape from the scene. She led the way to a door but a Sinow unit crashed against the door, causing a massive dent that had it go into an emergency lock mode. Then, an alarm resounded.

"Caution: outbreak detected. Please escape or secure the substance in five minutes. Caution: outbreak detected."

Assuming this seabeds facility is similar to the laboratories in Pioneer 2, there were escape pods that ejected the individual out of the section to be recovered by the Pioneer Police. As for the "substance," if the outbreak continued, the room is quarantined, and the means of elimination varied by the facility section. Knowing how the laboratories are like, we immediately turned our attention to the Delbiter. All the doors about us were locked, and the only way to clear the room was to eliminate whatever the "outbreak" was. It did not seem like there were escape pods installed as well. In this case, we had to secure the Delbiter.

So, it was a battle among three parties: the Delbiter vs. Sinow Zoa vs. us. The Delbiter was the highest priority and the Sinows can come later. Apparently, the Sinows understood priorities as well and continued to attack the Delbiter, pelting it with fists and continuous attempts to freeze it. Whenever it broke out its frozen state, Calai and I continued to fire upon it. Whenever we hit it, the fragments of its body dissolve into dust. It did not matter where we hit it. It just had to die.

Suddenly, it gave off a louder roar than before. Shortages of fuming photons lept around on its body. The Sinows continued their freezing onslaught but it did not seem the freezes took effect. The Delbiter lunged at one, knocking it over as it pounced off and landed on the other. As it was fuming what seemed to be purple blood from its mouth, it fired its concentrated beam onto the head of the Sinow, immediately eliminating all function from it. The last Sinow, although heavily damaged lunged forward for its double fist hammer attack but the Delbiter donkey kicked from the air, immediately bashing the hardware board out and knocking an arm off.

"Stop it..."

I looked to my side. Calai seemed to lack in energy. She was panting heavily. Her legs were jittery. Her lens were wide. Something was wrong. The Delbiter then turned to us, blood dripping as photons shorted throughout its body. It kicked at the floor and then roared at us. I raised the Laser and fired but my aim was far off target. In fact, it was not even close at all! I tried to aim again but I soon realized that my arms were shaking. Then, it was my legs. No... The myths about it were true. Its roars affected even us CASTs! My body refused to move. Why? Why was this happening!?

"Hey, forgot about me?"

I looked over my right shoulder to find Lucky next to me. Indeed, I completely forgot about him.

"Well, that kind of hurts. Anyway, say this with me. Ready?" I could barely move even my neck, but it seemed he understood.

"Oh heavenly nemisis, calleth thy aquatic constellation to rend thine enemies through. Estlla!"

Out from under me expanded what seemed to be the pioneer symbol. My arm raised up when an unknown type of photon shined brightly above me. Then, as my arm lowered to level with my chest, a fish-like creature flipped through the air and leveled next to me. The moment I pointed at the Delbiter, it gave a loud squeel that resonated through my body. The Delbiter roared back and lunged at me when the creature launched itself at a blinding speed and annihilated the Delbiter into nothingness. Not a particle was left.

The scenery returned to its former appearance. I do not recall how the surroundings looked like during what seemed to be an episode of a latent energy blast except for the enemy and me being in the same presence. It was like the whole world was spinning... Wait... What is...?

--ACTIVATING HIBERNATION MODE--

"Sis?"

"Sis, when you wake up again, I will be better than what a sister can be. Until then..."

"Fortuna?"

"Yes, Daddy?"

"Are you sure about this?"

"More sure than anything. This is for her."

FORTUNA

COME

FIND

FORTUNA

--ACTIVATING START-UP PROGRAMS--

"Sis... I'm really full. I can't take one more..."

My lenses saw immediately a face looming over me. I saw myself staring into a blank face, one without vitality. In fact, she was resting. We were still alive and still in the room where we were ambushed by the Sinow units and the Delbiter. My head indicated that I was resting on something soft and firm. To be frank, I do not know why I cannot sense anything physically. Only sensors indicate but I cannot "feel." My I raised my hand to feel my face. Indeed. I cannot feel anything. I do not know how I still operate normally. Am I really an just an Android?

"Unhh... Huh? Oh... Sis?"

Little did I notice, I had a hand against her face. Just when I was about to pull away, I noticed Calai smile and shut her lenses as she leaned a little onto my outstretched hand. Her hand felt against mine... No. I cannot feel anything. I cannot feel anything! I thrusted myself upright and clasped my head, digging my fingers into my cranial shell. I still cannot feel anything... What is wrong with me? When did this happen? Why did this happen?

"Sis! What's wrong?"

"I cannot feel anything!"

My voice... It was unlike me. I was screaming, thrashing with my hands pulling at my hair. Nothing... Nothing! Why is this happening?

"Sis, you can't...?"

I did not know she was hugging me from behind. When I saw her arms around me, I just had to turn and embrace her myself. "I can't feel anything! I don't know...! Calai! Calai, help me!"

Pressed me away and pulled a chord out from under her left auditory sensor. A direct link? Wait... This seems familiar somehow.

"Whatever you do," Calai said as she pressed me against the wall and down to sit, "do not start putting barriers. I need to check all sections of your mind for errors and possibly fix them. If you feel one activating, let me know. I'll stop."

Calai was over my lap, preventing me from moving if I do not intend to hurt her. This is one of the more awkward moments due to the chord being so short. She has to move very close to have it connect to under my right ear. Sitting side-by-side has shown to cause problems due to one of the bodies "sleep walking."

"Sis."

I broke out of my thoughts and looked up to her, seeing her watching me.

"Can I...? uh..." She looked away. "I'll need to be against you for this. You know the procedure."

Her evident shyness made me look away as well. There was a sense of reluctancy inside me. I remember the last time we did this. It was the only other time because of how Daddy heavily emphasized that we should not ever do this unless truly necessary. We hugged ourselves. We embraced hands. We pressed foreheads. The chord was dangling from between our auditory sensors. That other time... I do not remember correctly what happened. All I know is that we did this before and we declared that we should not ever do it again.

"Are you ready?" Calai whispered to me.

The chord from my left was connected to her right. A direct link application was processing. Calai... Sometimes, I wonder why we are the way we are. We are both Androids. How come we are so different?

--CONNECTION BOOTING--

--TEMPORARILY STOPPING ALL UNNECESSARY PROGRAMS--

--INITIATING VIRTUAL REALITY FIELD--

Entry start.

Oh my fucking god! Just now, I almost got crushed by a freaking pounder thingy! I don't even know why these things are even here and why they are still operational but holy shit! "Thanks Sis," I said, heeving a breath after the incident. "I swear, what would I be if you're not around?"

"Dead."

What the--? I turned to have Sis beside me as we continued walking along in this... weird section of the underground caves. In all due honesty, it seems like the site is more of a mining plant. There is evidence of minerals being excavated from the walls.

"That's quite quite something to say," I said as I'm sure there aren't any weird gimicks ahead of us. "Seriously, what's wrong with you? You're always pissy lately."

"I am always me. You, of all, should know."

To Coral, you are! Furiously, I tried to slap some sense into her. "How about you tell me what you're thinking?"

She stopped to glance over to me. When she was done, she said as she walked forward, "Can't you be a little more useful?"

What the fuck!? Seriously, what in Pioneer 2 were you thinking? I was about to say something when I saw Sis take a defensive stance. I knew something was up and reached over to my inventory... but in the center of a large, square room that seemed to be more of a stockpile area, there's a large, dark-blue RAcast with a white subcolor. He looked larger then John, but it seemed he wasn't just standing around to scare people off. Something wasn't right.

"State your purpose," he said.

Finally. Someone else to talk to instead of this annoying bitch. "We're just passing through," I said with a perky attitude. "Will you help--?"

"State your purpose."

Wha...? "Okay, okay. Fine. We're here to--"

"State your purpose."

Seriously, mother fucker!? You wanna scrap? I came up the bastard and roared, "Look here! We're here to simply pass by!"

"State your purpose."

I roared and did a straight punch to his gut--if he has any. As soon as I knocked him down with that simple punch, I heard a click. I looked down to find a switch, but standing on it did not help at all. Wait. What is that sound? Gas leak? I looked all over the room to find poisonous gas flowing from the vents all about the room. The doors were locked as well. A weight-specific trap, huh? I should've trusted my intuition earlier. Because of failure to think the situation through... Sis... Not again.

I clapped my hands together and cried out, "Please, tell me what to do!" Please hear me. Don't let me down. I want to see you again and tell you it will be okay. Please, I will not forsake you again.

"Do you see you sister?"

I looked over to Sis, seeing her frantically scanning all about us for an escape port. Of course, if the trap is meant to trap someone, there should be no means to escape. "Yes," I quietly said. "What do...?" Wait... No.

"Let yourself flow. You know what to do."

You can't be serious. She's my sister. I can't. I know I think about it sometimes, but... "Y-yes... I... I understand."

"Don't think. Do it."

Upon hearing me, Sis turned to face me. I can't do it. Not with her. I tried to look away but... wait... What's going on?

"Upon exposure, she will not remember. What are you waiting for?"

Yes, I know what happened those times. All I have to do is...

I started moving forward. This is all for her--for us. It doesn't matter what happens on the way. Anything for the future--for a life with only Sis. Don't be afraid. Seeing you scared makes this feel even more unjustified. Don't look at me that way! I cuffed my hands over her cheeks. I know you're scared. Me too, but this's the only way, just like those other times you've forgotten something. You know you don't forget, but please, just forget even this.

"Calai, what...?"

I tried a smile but it felt unjustified. I have to do it. I have to protect us. "Are you ready?" I whispered.

"What are you doing first?"

I feel like I'm violating some boundaries. I'll just let you view the rest of this event to your discretion. Remember, I did warn you.

Spoiler!

Calai dropped down from her knees. I had to quickly thrust my arms forward to catch her under the armpits. I was only able to catch her but my stance wasn't proper, making me fall down along with her. Sis, I'm sorry for what I have done to you. Please, don't forget that I'm here to protect you.

Then, one of the doors unlocked. In came four men. It seemed the FOmar was the head honcho of the four and there was a HUnewearl, FOnewm, and HUmar.

"Well," the FOmar said as he looked about, "let's see what we got here."

I dropped my head down. Fighting them would be suicide. Might as well get them while they're off guard. Footsteps approached us and kneel down next to us. I temporarily undid my sense of anything pertaining to pain but everything else was working. It's a good thing I did that too because they stabbed a needle to Calai's hand.

"Looks like this one's awake," the HUmar said.

Then, I was lifted up and the FOnewm said, "I'm not so sure about this one. I'm sure she won't mind what we do, anyway."

The HUnewearl gave a sigh of disgust. "What you all do is your own business. I'm out of here."

"Hey, wait a minute! Rufina!"

"Don't worry about her," the FOmar said with intrigue. "I'll take the live one. You two can go with that piece of junk."

"Ay, ay, boss."

Then, we were then placed into a container and sealed off. As we were pushed along, I was lying flat next to Sis. I hope she's okay. My hand felt along her arm and into her hand. Everything will be okay. I just need to time things just right.

Some time went by and the temperature became colder. After a while, the container opened again. They took Sis first. Please, stay safe, Sis.

"Okay. Chain her up and then you two can have your fun."

The sound of photon bracers binding resounded and then I was pushed off again. A door opened and closed. Then, another. And another.

"Okay. Here's good."

"He he he! We're goin'ta get this one good."

My lenses partly slited open and see the guys preparing themselves. I undid the restrictions on the sense of touch. However, while that was happening, the men roughly handled me out of the container and tossed me to the ground. Lucky enough, I was tossed so that I can see their dicks all elongated and stuff. Totally gross. Now, to find an opportune time. They stripped off their armor and inventories. While they had their backs to me, I quietly reached over to my inventory and... SHIT! I don't have a weapon! Might as well get my armor operational. And... done. Play dead some more...

"Hey, did this one move?"

"Who cares? We might as well have our fun while there are stragglers around."

"Seriously. If the info's correct, we're going to have a hard time with all of them bunching at that abandoned military outpost."

"The one deep in the caves? Well, anyway, we're not heading there. Our quota'll be done with these two. Cheers!"

Footsteps came near me. Then, since I was lying prone, one of them lifted me from my butt. Not a chance! I pulled myself forward on the floor and thrusted my feet back, hitting his dick in simplicity. Good. Now to take care of--Oh, no you don't! I can see the other running for his inventory. I lifted myself from the floor into a dash, tackling the man onto the table that he was running for, breaking it in an instant. While he was stunned to the pain, I took his inventory guard and took out a Handgun, a green-photon... uh... handgun. As I tried to turn and fire upon the first, my hand holding onto the Handgun was hit by a bare foot, making me lose my grip.

I spun and chopped the back of his neck, making him fall over. Then, I was tripped by the second's feet. I spun in a handstand to have my upper body facing toward them and lunged forward as they were scrambling for their weapons. Seriously, fighting naked men is already awkward. I tackled the first over, making him crash against the wall. The blow to his head was concussive. I glanced over to the second, seeing him already arming his Handgun. I shoved his teammate at him, having him think twice about pulling the trigger. I took hold of another inventory guard and armed a Saber, a green-photon saber. Seriously, this diction is getting annoying. I dashed forward, purposely taking a shot to my left shoulder and held the blade out from my waist to my left side, slashing through the two in half from their hips. It was easy to cut through, considering they did not have any armor. That was their flaw.

They screamed in agony. I turned again and stabbed through the second's head. Then, the first was all that was left.

"Tell me, what on Pioneer 2 were you guys doing?"

It was futile asking. He was losing too much blood and his primary function was survival. I just wonder what drives people to do these things. I stabbed through the man's face as well.

"You can devour these men."

I turned away and accessed their inventory. It seemed there were damage traps and a whole bunch of other useless pornographic material. My primary concern would be if this "Rufina" returns soon. I looked over to the men, seeing that all traces such as blood and remains were gone, as if they never existed.

I had to be quick. If I remember also, I was moved through three doors. I ran through one door to find two other doors. One of them was locked. I hope they did not lock the door behind them. I went for the unlocked door to find three more doors. Two of the three were locked. I checked one of them but found a dead end. Then, I checked the other, seeing a box with an activated trap over it. I shot it and shot the box open. I found a Sniper, a blue-photon rifle. Sweet! Much better than this shitty Handgun.

"Where's Sis?"

"That one."

The second locked door. That must mean the first was where they accessed the section. I ran up to the door and ripped open the circuit box. I shot it in hopes it will undo the lock, but that proved worthless. I'm no good with mechanical stuff... Oh, the irony. But this trick worked in a lot of movies I've seen! Why not this time? Damn this door!

I set four damage traps and activated them simultaneously. Afterwards, I turned and shot one, making it explode along with the others. The place blazed! I had no time to linger. I ran through the blazing door, burning myself at the process, but it did not matter. All that matters is getting that goddamn fucker off my sister! I turned to my left to find the leader looking my way. I aimed my Sniper and immediately fired at his chest... but instead shot his head. SHIT! This is not my day!

I ran to the machine that was operating the photon bracers. It was next to Sis. So... how do we work this thing? Whatever. I shot the thing, and this time, the expected outcome happened: the photon bracers disengaged. Calai dropped down onto her feet but her legs gave away. I immediately dashed to her and managed to catch her just in time before she hit the ground.

Sis... Just holding you like this reminds me of that time. "Oh, Sis... I'm sorry."

"Next time, arrive sooner than when I ask where you are."

Does she know about what I did to her? I laughed to mask my concern and said, "Well, at least I know where we can go for now." I moved back so I can see her face. She seemed so worn out. Sis... I smiled to mask my concern. "We can go meet up with the resistance main force. I heard from someone that they're heading deeper into these caves but they're heading into a military top-secret location to create a headquarters there. What do you think?"

She moved my hands off her shoulders as she looked around. "It will suffice. Gather as much equipment as possible and then head out."

She tried to stand but needed assistance. I helped her to her feet but she was able to walk just fine after a while.

"Sis?"

"What is it?"

I saw her only looking straight ahead. She's the same old Sis. I guess this will be okay. I chuckled. "Nothing."

"Calai!"

End Entry.
    Location is Ragol.
    Scene is the wet part of the underground caves.
    Last edited by ARChan; Oct 22, 2012 at 02:54 PM.