Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default How are PSU players liking this game?

I've only ever played PSU, so i don't know what really differs between each one. I played PSU for like 6 years tho, and for the most part enjoyed it. I'm not big into MMO's, but PSU had a unique combat style i enjoyed. It seemed more interactive than other ones that i have tried. I'm planning on putting like $2k into a computer. Mainly for this, but i still wanna be able to play everything on the highest setting with good fps. Before i do that, i wanna be sure I will like the game, lol. If someone could give me an insight on things i would like and thing i wouldn't like, i would appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by -ZaNtH- View Post
    I've only ever played PSU, so i don't know what really differs between each one. I played PSU for like 6 years tho, and for the most part enjoyed it. I'm not big into MMO's, but PSU had a unique combat style i enjoyed. It seemed more interactive than other ones that i have tried. I'm planning on putting like $2k into a computer. Mainly for this, but i still wanna be able to play everything on the highest setting with good fps. Before i do that, i wanna be sure I will like the game, lol. If someone could give me an insight on things i would like and thing i wouldn't like, i would appreciate it.
    Im playing this on a 660 ti. Maxing this game no problem, it isn't a graphic intensive game keep that in mind. It is optimized for nvidia so keep that in mind was well. I played PSU since Jan 2008 and PSO2 is pretty much the same in most ways there is different elements but nothing too different. You will fit in fine, make sure you join one of the English speaking ships if that's your 1st language.

In this game you can jump and make your own pa combos.

If you got a pc now, why don't you try out the gameplay for yourself.
    I run it on a single-core [email protected], with 1gig Ram and a nvidia gtx8600.
    I can run the game at a 4 (5 is highest), but my load times are rather high.
    The game runs smooth for me even when things get hectic.

Having considerable experience playing PSU (mostly as Force/Techer based classes if you're curious), I personally have to say I love PSO2. Great game to me overall. The gameplay is very interesting and a lot more skill based than PSU in my opinion. For example, whether you miss or not is completely based on whether or not you hit the target rather than a somewhat silly accuracy/evasion stat. The inclusion of the Z axis so much into the gameplay also drastically changes how you play, making the game feel more akin to games like Kingdom Hearts (which the targeting in this game is definitely ripped from).

I feel like its a pretty solid experience personally although as someone who enjoyed Time Attacking in PSU, I admit the randomness of the dungeons, while giving a different experience every time rather than the same run I always play, is somewhat bothersome at times since there's not a lot of room for that type of competition *yet* in this game. There are dedicated Time Attack missions, but there aren't many. As the game goes on there should be more, but right now that area is rather sparse.

Grinding in this game has been somewhat of an issue for people, but I'm assuming you'd know this having played PSU at all ;p Its to be expected in an MMO. If you try every class, you'll probably either love it or hate it, but if you do like it you will probably have a good time with this game, even without Arks Cash (this game's cash shop) features. I really like the game personally, but obviously not everyone will and does.

Quote Originally Posted by D3MON View Post
    Im playing this on a 660 ti. Maxing this game no problem, it isn't a graphic intensive game keep that in mind. It is optimized for nvidia so keep that in mind was well. I played PSU since Jan 2008 and PSO2 is pretty much the same in most ways there is different elements but nothing too different. You will fit in fine, make sure you join one of the English speaking ships if that's your 1st language.
    Thanks for the heads up. I know It doesn't require a lot to run on max settings. I want to run every game on max and running good tho, not just this game. I'm not so sure that i will be playing on the Japanese server. I will probably end up playing on it tho, just for a short time until the US release.

Quote Originally Posted by Lostbob117 View Post
    In this game you can jump and make your own pa combos.
    That is awesome. I bet this makes the fighter classes really fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Bael View Post
    If you got a pc now, why don't you try out the gameplay for yourself.
    I run it on a single-core [email protected], with 1gig Ram and a nvidia gtx8600.
    I can run the game at a 4 (5 is highest), but my load times are rather high.
    The game runs smooth for me even when things get hectic.
    What i have now does not have the requirements to run it. I have a laptop with a horrible graphics card that won't run anything. I wish i could try it, but yea...

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowth117 View Post
    Having considerable experience playing PSU (mostly as Force/Techer based classes if you're curious), I personally have to say I love PSO2. Great game to me overall. The gameplay is very interesting and a lot more skill based than PSU in my opinion. For example, whether you miss or not is completely based on whether or not you hit the target rather than a somewhat silly accuracy/evasion stat. The inclusion of the Z axis so much into the gameplay also drastically changes how you play, making the game feel more akin to games like Kingdom Hearts (which the targeting in this game is definitely ripped from).

I feel like its a pretty solid experience personally although as someone who enjoyed Time Attacking in PSU, I admit the randomness of the dungeons, while giving a different experience every time rather than the same run I always play, is somewhat bothersome at times since there's not a lot of room for that type of competition *yet* in this game. There are dedicated Time Attack missions, but there aren't many. As the game goes on there should be more, but right now that area is rather sparse.

Grinding in this game has been somewhat of an issue for people, but I'm assuming you'd know this having played PSU at all ;p Its to be expected in an MMO. If you try every class, you'll probably either love it or hate it, but if you do like it you will probably have a good time with this game, even without Arks Cash (this game's cash shop) features. I really like the game personally, but obviously not everyone will and does.
    Never played Kingdom Hearts. My favorite class was Fighmaster, i loved the maneuverability that came with it. I did have a gunner too, tho i didn't use them much. I actually like the fact that you said that you get a different experience every time, keeps it interesting. I'm competitive as well, don't get me wrong. Games like this tho, I don't see much of a competitive side anyway. Obviously with an addition of PvP, that would sway my thought.

Thanks for all the quick responses, I do appreciate it

Quote Originally Posted by -ZaNtH- View Post
    Thanks for the heads up. I know It doesn't require a lot to run on max settings. I want to run every game on max and running good tho, not just this game. I'm not so sure that i will be playing on the Japanese server. I will probably end up playing on it tho, just for a short time until the US release.

That is awesome. I bet this makes the fighter classes really fun.

What i have now does not have the requirements to run it. I have a laptop with a horrible graphics card that won't run anything. I wish i could try it, but yea...

Never played Kingdom Hearts. My favorite class was Fighmaster, i loved the maneuverability that came with it. I did have a gunner too, tho i didn't use them much. I actually like the fact that you said that you get a different experience every time, keeps it interesting. I'm competitive as well, don't get me wrong. Games like this tho, I don't see much of a competitive side anyway. Obviously with an addition of PvP, that would sway my thought.

Thanks for all the quick responses, I do appreciate it
    I run all games out right now Max settings with my 660 ti OC @ 1280 hz and a i5-3570k OC @ 4.4 ghz. Only game that i cant run at 60 fps steady is Metro 2033 at Max @ 1920x1080. That game kills cards to this day, and its a 2010 Game!

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

PSO2 blows PSU out of the water in every aspect. The difference is like day and night. If you even so much as enjoyed PSU, you'll love PSO2.
    If you don't believe me, it's also free to play. So you've got nothing to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorafim View Post
    So you've got nothing to lose.
    Unless you're looking to take advantage of some things that PSU and PSO did that have been monitized in PSO2. That's no excuse for not trying it though.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

ignoring everyone that says PSU is an utter piece of buttwad slime that doesn't deserve the time of day and shouldn't exist just because it had bad management and it wasn't PSO.

Yeah if you liked PSU you'll love this game. But I still miss goal lobbies, long missions and 3-piece outfits...

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.