Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Any Builds Ideas for hybrid ?

Hello there,

Does anyone have any ideas on how i should feed my mag & wich class can i mix together to make an acrotecher class like ? (for those who dont know acrotecher was in PSU a melee that was able to support & heal the team)

I was thinking about Hunter as main and Techer as sub (for all the support tech Boost ! )
    About the mag i was thinking about feeding it with mostly Strike and DEF strike

For the skill tree i'll only choose support tech from the techer one.
    But i have no idea what i should pick up on the Hunter tree.
    Should i pick up all the defensve skill to make it a Tank ? Or all the offensive skill to be dps oriented ?
    I was thinking about picking Tank skill , so i will have poor damage but i can support, heal and tank at the same time
    Would be nice if someone can give me some advice , thanks.
    Last edited by Pinocchio; Oct 15, 2012 at 07:05 AM.

acrotecher was all about speed, so id use fighter and techer
    Graphics Designer/Product Designer/Illustrator/General handy guy/not taking any requests right now.

My advice to you (and everyone else who makes threads like this) is not to ask advice on what style you should play and instead ask advice on how to best play the style you want.

The first thing you should do is decide whether you want to play more defensive or offensive. It is clear you want to play a melee class with high support, so Techer is the ideal subclass. If you want defense, go with Hunter. If you want offense, you can build Hunter down the Fury path, but Fighter is the better choice. If the weapon choices are more important to you than offensive or defensive play, choose the melee class that has more of your favorites.

Whether defense is worth more or less than offense is more an opinion than anything else. In a decent party, everything will die so fast that no one will care or notice.

But once you have decided upon your ideal play style, it is easy to determine whether you should build Hunter toward the Just Attack Bonuses and Fury Stance or go for the Flash Guards. There is pretty much a unanimous Fighter build regardless of play style, which is basically grab all the Gears and max both Stance Advance abilities.

As for the mag, if you have no real intent to use spells for damage, I would focus it heavily on melee. You can raise various def stats to equip the armor you want as well. Keep in mind that you will pretty much need a pure tech mag if you ever want to use Madam's Umbrella.
    Last edited by Pillan; Oct 15, 2012 at 07:45 AM.

Defense is useless.
    First you'll take 1 damage from monsters, even bosses.
    Then, no matter what you do, you'll get loads of damage and your damage will be too little.
    That's why I'm remaking my char.
    So yeah, go full attack.

Everyone thanks for the advice , i made up my mind !
    I'm going for Fighter/Techer , And i will be oriented DPS/Support !
    I think this is the closest mix to the Acrotecher on PSU

For the mag i will focus on Strike & Sdef.
    Thanks again !

I've been fi/te since patch and its great, if u wanna check out my 40/40 build here it is

http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/...dqIdcFIdlk0008

feel free to take ideas

What sort of mag would be recommended for a fi/te? I was thinking about doing one with S-ATK and T-ATK pure... thoughts?
    PSP2:
    KBling - Human Male Vanguard lv. 15
    KBling - Newman Male Force

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

If you're going support, you don't need any Tatk. I think it's a waste to make a mag with attack in more than one slot. I think if you want to melee, Satk and Sdfp is best.
    Keep in mind, mags aren't about boosting your power. They're more about equipping weapons and armor earlier (Much less useful now than before). So go with the mag that lets you equip the weapons and armor you want.

Also, keep in mind that defense and support are rather useless in the game so far. Buffs only last a minute, take five seconds of standing still to apply , and don't provide much of an increase in performance. If you constantly apply them, and everyone waits, that's an 8% decrease in performance, for a 10% increase in stats. Defense was useful before subjobs became available, but now that you have that extra defense and any grinded armor to go along with it, you shouldn't be taking much damage. I haven't really seen any reason not to go pure attack on every class I've played as. I did have a problem with my hunter when I ignored the defense stat, since I couldn't equip any armor. So that's the only thing you need to worry about with defense, just equipping armor.

If you want spells and melee, my choice would be Te/Fo, using wands and close range AoE and long range spells. Wand damage is great and is boosted by Tatk, they look neater than most people give them credit for, and it gives you an excuse to stay in short range. Fo boosts your Tatk and defense to allow for better equipment, and provides the best damage of any class I've ever seen with the fire tree.

http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/...Odxj2SI2HS0000

This is my plan. I'm maining Techer to equip wands and use the wandgear, and using all-class Fighter weapons such as the PSO style Double Saber. Stances really help with damage, whether you're going melee or tech. Brave Stance Deadly Archer is 94% of my activity on this build, 5% healing and 1% buffing.

http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/...cKIbfJkIb0000f

This is an alternative that I can't pursue due to lack of AC. Main Hunter, use Techer mainly for the buffs. This build goes all-out on buffing, like AT did, and stacks critical boosts. I heard early on in PSO2's life that criticals were rubbish, and made redundant by having a high Dex score, but if that's no longer true and criticals are worth using then this is a neat way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAstarion View Post
    http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/...Odxj2SI2HS0000

This is my plan. I'm maining Techer to equip wands and use the wandgear, and using all-class Fighter weapons such as the PSO style Double Saber. Stances really help with damage, whether you're going melee or tech. Brave Stance Deadly Archer is 94% of my activity on this build, 5% healing and 1% buffing.
    I'm looking at playing a similar style, when I get into PSO2. But from what I've researched, it looks like there's a couple of places you could more efficiently spend your points.

For Brave/Wise Stance, it's better to get those to 5, and max out the Stance Up skills. They give better % increases that way.

Most people seem to say that Shifta/Deband Advance are a waste of points, because the increases are so minor/tiny. Has this not been your experience?

Otherwise, my planned build would be sorta similar to yours.

I'm thinking, this build.

If the Chase Bind/Chain Advance skills on Fighter end up being useless, I'd stick the points elsewhere, but they sound fun. Likewise with Poison Ignition on the Techer side. If it's something not worth using, I'd probably just bump up Wind/Light/Dark Mastery.