Default PP restorate + Charge PP revival

Does having pp restorate with Charge PP revival make a significant difference in PP recovery rates?

Ive seen some videos on NicoNico douga, but I can't see too big of a difference. I think the only way to know for sure is to actually use it, so a comment from those experienced with it would be most appreciated.

Personally, I would prefer the gunner's PP attack restorate for quick PP recharge, but Techer seems tobe more beneficial to Force... (gunners only have HP and Ability passives...)

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

I say someone talking about it on another thread. Basically, PP restorate decreases the amount of time it takes to gain 1 pp, while PP convert multiplies the amount of PP gained. So, they work off each other. I'll see if I can dig up the exact post, but it looked like a pretty amazing cooldown once they're both leveled up.

Edit: Here's the post. Looks pretty amazing to me, but I don't know how good Quick PP Recharge is.

I have both skills and I think it's brilliant. I can cast for much longer than I could before subclasses and it's much rarer that I burn out and have to melee. FO/TE I find is a great combination, much better than the sum of its parts.

HUnewearl power since 2003. NGS Official Creator (SectionSkyly)

Quote Originally Posted by Zorafim View Post
    I say someone talking about it on another thread. Basically, PP restorate decreases the amount of time it takes to gain 1 pp, while PP convert multiplies the amount of PP gained. So, they work off each other. I'll see if I can dig up the exact post, but it looked like a pretty amazing cooldown once they're both leveled up.

Edit: Here's the post. Looks pretty amazing to me, but I don't know how good Quick PP Recharge is.
    I think a better way to put it is PP Restorate increases your recovery rate.

By level 4 you gain 6 (5.95) PP per second, max you gain 7 PP per second. Then you can add on the values from PP convert on top of that.

I looked at the post and I don't understand where he's pulling those absurdly high PP recovery numbers from.

Also, there's a video on niconico that shows PP Restorate and PP Convert in conjunction.

Edit: To be more on topic, I'd also like to hear comments about PP Restorate + Charge Revival.

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

He seems to be under the impression that PP convert multiplies the amount of PP you gain. Instead of gaining 7 PP per second, you'll gain 3*7 PP per second at a specific level. I don't have the skills yet, so I don't know how they work. But he made them sound incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by Spellbinder View Post
    I think a better way to put it is PP Restorate increases your recovery rate.

By level 4 you gain 6 (5.95) PP per second, max you gain 7 PP per second. Then you can add on the values from PP convert on top of that.

I looked at the post and I don't understand where he's pulling those absurdly high PP recovery numbers from.

Also, there's a video on niconico that shows PP Restorate and PP Convert in conjunction.

Edit: To be more on topic, I'd also like to hear comments about PP Restorate + Charge Revival.
    Where the high numbers come from is pretty logical, no?

As you said, PP Restorate 10 gives 7PP/s. 140% of the base 5PP/s is 7PP/s which you know already. PP Convert adds to that.

So, taking 7PP/s into account along with PP Convert 1 for example. PP Convert 1 adds +1 to your PP Recovery Rate (+1 to your PP Recovery Rate, doesn't mean 8PP/s. It means 14PP/s because.. well, I'm not sure how to explain it.)

On topic though, as an example: Whenever I cast Zan with PP Restorate 10 + PP Charge Revival it takes a net 8PP (In practice at least, I didn't actually try to do the math behind that.). It's very good to have and it lets you cast more, longer. I highly recommend it if you're going FOTE or vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by Heat Haze View Post
    Where the high numbers come from is pretty logical, no?

So, taking 7PP/s into account along with PP Convert 1 for example. PP Convert 1 adds +1 to your PP Recovery Rate (+1 to your PP Recovery Rate, doesn't mean 8PP/s. It means 14PP/s because.. well, I'm not sure how to explain it.)
    That's the thing, nobody on these boards has ever really explained how PP recovery works, but after checking 3-4 different JP wiki's I finally figured it out.

Base PP recovery is 5 PP per second, that's general knowledge. However, this isn't the base unit the game uses to count PP recovery. The game counts by every 0.2 seconds.

So your base recovery rate is really 1 PP per 0.2 seconds. This is what PP Convert is adding on to. So, as mentioned in the other thread.

+1 from PP Convert: 2 PP per 0.2 seconds = 10 PP per second
    +2 from PP Convert: 3 PP per 0.2 seconds = 15 PP per second, etc.

Silly wiki's and their ambiguous... ambiguousness...

Quote Originally Posted by Spellbinder View Post
    That's the thing, nobody on these boards has ever really explained how PP recovery works, but after checking 3-4 different JP wiki's I finally figured it out.

Base PP recovery is 5 PP per second, that's general knowledge. However, this isn't the base unit the game uses to count PP recovery. The game counts by every 0.2 seconds.

So your base recovery rate is really 1 PP per 0.2 seconds. This is what PP Convert is adding on to. So, as mentioned in the other thread.

+1 from PP Convert: 2 PP per 0.2 seconds = 10 PP per second
    +2 from PP Convert: 3 PP per 0.2 seconds = 15 PP per second, etc.

Silly wiki's and their ambiguous... ambiguousness...
    Kudos for surfing through those Wikis. Can't.. really.. navigate through those without some form of trouble. The numbers I posted are accurate though right? The numbers I have are based off of a 140% rate though, not 100%.

But to the OP: The general consensus is that it's recommended. I'm sure you won't be disappointed either.

Quote Originally Posted by Heat Haze View Post
    Kudos for surfing through those Wikis. Can't.. really.. navigate through those without some form of trouble. The numbers I posted are accurate though right? The numbers I have are based off of a 140% rate though, not 100%.

But to the OP: The general consensus is that it's recommended. I'm sure you won't be disappointed either.
    Yup, your numbers look good. Thanks also for your input on PP Restorate and Charge PP Revival. Now that my laptop's not broken anymore (a very sad and lonely 2 months that was), I'm looking forward to trying it out for myself.

The combination of both skills made a serious difference to me. I'm now able to solo mobs without having to melee for the sake of refilling PP.

For me, it was a noticeable difference.