Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Default So about release

Am I reading sources right that release will be 2013ish? Admittedly that comes like rubbing salt on a sore...and I'll refrain from buying a jp copy because I'd done that once with another game and spent half the time refering to a page translating what I had done/was about to do or what I had fought, picked up, etc.
    Not trying to troll as much as getting an idea whether it'll be something to save up for or not.

It's free to play. Many people here haven't spent a single cent to be able to play this game.

There IS a boxed version with numerous goodies, and there's extra features for premium such as trading, your own player shop, and your room access, but to be able to play, buy from players, etc. is free.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxkoun View Post
    and I'll refrain from buying a jp copy
    The game is free, but yeah, english version is only coming in 2013.
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

Yesterday we were trying to make a grinding group, and a group of retards (English speakers, btw) Began trolling.
    And that's exactly the reason why I want to stay at JP, far from those assholes who'll ruin your exp grinding just because they are damn retards.

Quote Originally Posted by Shirokami View Post
    Yesterday we were trying to make a grinding group, and a group of retards (English speakers, btw) Began trolling.
    And that's exactly the reason why I want to stay at JP, far from those assholes who'll ruin your exp grinding just because they are damn retards.
    With all due respect, I found this post extremely funny. The only thing keeping us from getting spat on is the language barrier. You'd be surprised on how much shit-talk some Japanese players deliver to us and we don't even know it.

So no, it's not the fact that they are English speakers at all. I don't use the JP servers in trepidation of the US servers. These assholes are closer than you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Shirokami View Post
    Ever say something in english and then see some JP players say something followed by w's?

Yeah. The only difference is you can't read squiggles.

There may be more english players that go out of their way to fuck your day, but JP players are hardly angels.

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    Ever say something in english and then see some JP players say something followed by w's?

Yeah. The only difference is you can't read squiggles.

There may be more english players that go out of their way to fuck your day, but JP players are hardly angels.
    This happened once and they kicked me out of their party. No idea if it was because I was foreign or they didn't want a 3rd party member.

So I just found their party again and joined as a separate party, and then stuck to them for a while. In spite.

But yeah they said stuff with W's at the end. I plugged it into google translate but it didn't seem to say anything bad in particular...

Never was bothered by a japanese, actually I was warmly welcomed into their grind party (Had to go to a different block because there was no one to play at 20) They even attempted to communicate with me! Perhaps I was lucky?

Well, it's a mixed bag really, just like any other culture. They do on average tend to value politeness etc. more than your typical english gamer, but there's still swathes of JP players that will gleefully kick you as soon as you join just because your name looks english, without a word spoken either way. It's the nature of online gaming.

edit: I'd say it's rarer than being kicked for being a class someone doesn't want, which I've only ever had happen in english parties. Honestly I make a point to never join other peoples' parties because of how many people are kick-happy, so that's not an issue for me anymore.
    Last edited by gigawuts; Oct 21, 2012 at 12:37 PM.

I feel like such a loser but what the hell, grinding group? As in level grinding? And exactly how were they 'trolling' were they joining the group or saying mean thing or what? I don't understand.

I have found some really nice JP players who went out of their way to help me, even attempting to type in english and re-attempt quests. And then i have found the selfish and rude ones who are forces and don't even revive you when your dead at a boss. I always let them have it lol.