Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Breaking things only leave broken dreams of having something actually drop. No seriously though, break stuff.

I've never had problems with JP players.

But then, I never join JP parties because I'm absolutely terrified of fucking up because of my piss-poor Japanese (ironically, considering it's the best way to get some real practice in). I even have a hard time joining passworded MPs because of this. Social anxiety ftw?

Quote Originally Posted by Raymee View Post
    I've noticed that at Vardha EMs:

Americans don't destroy the front laser cannons
    And Japanese people do because they know they'd get a better reward for destroying everything
    I had noticed that they could be destroyed, but I didn't know how to do so optimally, or that it was actually worth it to break the cannons too (mostly because I don't notice these things - I'm too busy worrying about Vardha being able to 2-shot me even on Normal if FPS slowdown has its way with me).

That being said, using the Double Saber, what would be the best way to go about killing the laser cannons, assuming one can do so without getting their ass kicked?

i saw a player hop on the side, with the 2 little machine gun turrets, and use a sword to kill them, finished his 2 right after i finished mine+^_^+ i always kill the lasers, after that 1st fight when Vardha was new, i got sucked up and spit out then killed by those things, i aint ever going on deck unless those lasers are gone+^_^+ also, at stereotype people, I've never been in an "American" party that didn't try killing the lasers after a week of free mines release+^_^+

I be sure to spam "Destroy ALL the things!" during a Vardha run.

Quote Originally Posted by Renvalt View Post
    That being said, using the Double Saber, what would be the best way to go about killing the laser cannons, assuming one can do so without getting their ass kicked?
    Don't use double sabers.

Use a gunslash in shoot mode. Going into melee range on those things is impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    Ever say something in english and then see some JP players say something followed by w's?

Yeah. The only difference is you can't read squiggles.

There may be more english players that go out of their way to fuck your day, but JP players are hardly angels.
    I didn't know that using "lol" meant that you're trash talking/behaving like an idiot etc. I can read "squiggles" and after 400+ hours in PSO2 have yet to see Japanese players behaving that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Spellbinder View Post
    I find this fairly unlikely since the use of the Roman alphabet is considered "cool" here.
    Never helped me.

Quote Originally Posted by Keii View Post
    I didn't know that using "lol" meant that you're trash talking/behaving like an idiot etc. I can read "squiggles" and after 400+ hours in PSO2 have yet to see Japanese players behaving that way.
    Yes because popping text into google translate to find insults, after copying that text from your chatlogs because you're curious what the JP players said before they kicked you from the party surely means the w's are harmless lols.

Wow, a whole 400 hours? I guess you've seen literally everything.

edit: What is it with people on this forum and questioning fairly plain statements like this? JP players are not all angels. Some of them dislike the foreign invaders that don't speak their language. Some of those people that dislike the foreigners kick them on sight. This is so likely on its own that it should be expected in every language and culture - some people are assholes. Why this is even in doubt is way beyond me. Why people are saying they doubt that it actually happened when a person is saying it has? Way, way beyond me.
    Last edited by gigawuts; Oct 22, 2012 at 01:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    Never helped me.

Yes because popping text into google translate to find insults, after copying that text from your chatlogs because you're curious what the JP players said before they kicked you from the party surely means the w's are harmless lols.

Wow, a whole 400 hours? I guess you've seen literally everything.
    "w" means lol, that's about it. It's all in the context it's used, but just seeing it and thinking you've been trash talk is, well, not true.
    edit: What is it with people on this forum and questioning fairly plain statements like this? JP players are not all angels. Some of them dislike the foreign invaders that don't speak their language. Some of those people that dislike the foreigners kick them on sight. This is so likely on its own that it should be expected in every language and culture - some people are assholes. Why this is even in doubt is way beyond me. Why people are saying they doubt that it actually happened when a person is saying it has? Way, way beyond me.
    I'm questioning the statement that "w = being trash talked", which is simply not true and sharing my own experience in which Japanese players were behaving way better than the English speaking players, that's all.
    Last edited by Keii; Oct 22, 2012 at 01:18 AM.