Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Well... i'm an old scholl player of PSO, and i would like playing C-Mode, and of course, because the market, although i don't like it, some PVP would be OK. And yeah, more, much more varierity

Destructive by nature. Link1275's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sammickk View Post
    ok i have a couple of questions now.... in the old PSO days we had Something called Section ID's this was giving to you based on your Name. for instance if i Create the character Sammickk, his ID would be Whitall, which DETERMINES your Rares, is this not in this game??
    LOL Doo-doo??? ok granted it used to be call a Tekker that ID's your weapons attributes, and Grinders, di grinders, and trigrinders that NEVER failed, i actually like the Idea that it can fail and have become quite used to this as most games have this now days anyway.
    Now the skill tree system is definitely different for PSO! All ya had to do is hunt tech disks in the old days, but I'll see how this new system goes... As for the FUN system and being able to make an NPC to take down with you.....WHY? aren't there enough people online to play with? i guess its all for the Items but seems kinda silly to me.
    i plan on Buying this game and actually paying some money into it, to support the game and Sega/Phantasy star team.. so this is not an issue for me at all, BUT how is it done? is there a free account and a Premium account or what?
    Section IDs got scrapped, and almost everyone is happy about it. There is still a tekker actually, and the grinding system is mostly to make the game more like an MMO... The skill tree and tech disks are entirely different systems, and tech discs still work the same(have since PSP2). You can't buy this game actually, it's a F2P free to download MMO now. And you buy a premium pass, you don't have to commit to paying monthly to keep playing on a premium account.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal255 View Post
    I absolutely love this game. But not in the sense that it is anything like PSO1. If you come to it expecting a cool new version of PSO1, expect to be disappointed. Instead, expect a cool new version of PSU.

I played PSU briefly. I didn't like the class system. And I never got into it until after US servers shut down so reading anything was beyond my capabilities. So I took a break and hopped on and off from some private server for PSOBB (which I still happen to hop onto occasionally).

But I play this game on the JP servers and absolutely love it. To the point where I'm dumping money into it. I kinda wish I had waited until english release, like you are doing, so that I can actually read the story and understand everything, but I've already spent so much time in this game that switching will be unlikely (unless I get banned or something, somehow).

Of course, it has its cons- most of which are related to the premium system, so lets go through a list:

Pros-
    -New battle system is incredible. Much more fast paced than PSO1, and the variety of different skills and paths a player may take makes it so that you can play your own style if you arent one of the people who go for the 'best'
    -lots of content, weapons and what not keep you interested. content gets released rather quickly too
    -graphics. dear god the graphics shit on the previous games. its too bad i cant run more than the simple pixels what with my broken graphics card >
    -meseta actually has value!

Cons-
    -No trading what-so-ever, unless you pay about 16 bucks a month. Find loots you want to give to your friends? Well you cant unless both of you are paying for it. Items even soulbind when you use them (rare weapons and armor) so after you use something, you're stuck with it and cant trade/sell it (except to vendor) anymore

I'm sure theres more that im leaving out but those are the main concepts. Look forward to playing this game. Chances are you will be hooked for a while, but might get bored or irritated after a while when you find you have the worst luck in the game (like myself) and finding good weapons is impossible leaving you with shit D:

But i still play it even though thats the case lol The drop rates seem to be something along the lines of what they were in the dreamcast days, or worse

I do miss the older games, though. The crazy exp grinds and item hunts. Single path boss runs, with no infinite spawning rooms, etc. The fact that you can just farm the same area for 4 hours straight, is kinda, well, lame (although its all i do). But back in the older games, the social aspects seemed more apparent. It could be the language barrier or whatever, but either way, i see more people playing single player rooms, part of an MPA, as opposed to doing quests together with new people.
    This game is not a second PSU actually, it only draws on PSU for a little bit of the stuff that was good about the PSU series. As for your last few paragraphs, they're fairly accurate to be honest. Although you don't have to play in MPAs fortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Link1275 View Post
    Section IDs got scrapped, and almost everyone is happy about it. There is still a tekker actually, and the grinding system is mostly to make the game more like an MMO... The skill tree and tech disks are entirely different systems, and tech discs still work the same(have since PSP2). You can't buy this game actually, it's a F2P free to download MMO now. And you buy a premium pass, you don't have to commit to paying monthly to keep playing on a premium account.
    I thought section ID's gave people the drive to want to participate and play with others in order to hunt rares together, so i actually am one of the few that will miss this...

lol i know not of this psp2 you speak of.... i only played PSO, ver2, ver4 (Blue burst) and a small bit of PSU. Aside from the original Phantasy Star RPG's on the master system I Did not play any portables or any other games, so all i know is.... pick force, hunt tech disks, use spells, can you or anyone elaborate on how PSO 2 Spell system works a little more? I ask because this was my favorite class and the one I will Likely play

Lastly there seems to be some contradicting info on the last post, one guy says to keep trading with others and such u have to pay about 16 bucks a month, and one says you buy the premium account only once.... i am confused

I thought section ID's gave people the drive to want to participate and play with others in order to hunt rares together, so i actually am one of the few that will miss this...

lol i know not of this psp2 you speak of.... i only played PSO, ver2, ver4 (Blue burst) and a small bit of PSU. Aside from the original Phantasy Star RPG's on the master system I Did not play any portables or any other games, so all i know is.... pick force, hunt tech disks, use spells, can you or anyone elaborate on how PSO 2 Spell system works a little more? I ask because this was my favorite class and the one I will Likely play

Lastly there seems to be some contradicting info on the last post, one guy says to keep trading with others and such u have to pay about 16 bucks a month, and one says you buy the premium account only once.... i am confused
    Premium is an optional once a month membership (optional that you don't need it to play, and you can buy it whenever you want) pass that includes my room, shop, trading, and double FUN points for logging in daily, it's 1300 yen which once all the hassle is finished comes to about $16 US+^_^+ it's 700 Yen to get My Shop by itself once a month+^_^+ any other questions you have i am sure can be answered in this guide; http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-guide-list/ +^_^+
    Last edited by Chik'Tikka; Oct 25, 2012 at 08:25 AM.

Since I've just been reacquainted with my bad grinding luck, I'm just here to say this:

Be prepared to throw weeks of work away in fifteen minutes just to make your weapon worse than it was before. This game uses an RNG-based grinding system. There is zero guarantees in any way shape or form when improving items. Now that rares are finally better than uncommons, to get high level gear requires such an extreme amount of either luck or money that an ordinary player, i.e. with a life or that can't spend hours and hours every day doing mindless 12 player grinding to make money, will not be able to achieve anything approaching high tier gear.

And that's just what happens after you finally get your hands on the weapon or units themselves. Now with 10*'s being the way to go you can't even fucking buy them if you're one of the unlucky ones that never finds the item you're hunting.

So, if you really feel that the risk of failure is balls to the walls fantastic in a weapon improvement system, then boy oh boy this is the game for you.

well lets put it this way... i am a very patient person and i stick with games that i like...for years... in the last game i played... not only did the weapons and armor have a great chance to fail, but it also DESTROYED the item completely... so the simple fact that u dont loose the item at all is a relief to me believe it or not. besides kinda goes to the old simple fact..if everyone is all mighty and powerfull, then no one is.
    MY Rig: 2600K Sandy Brige, Gigabyte Ud7 Motherboard, 2 Geforce GTX580 in SLI Mode, 8 gigs Ramm

pso2 is fun, but gl on the en servers. i dont trust sega anymore. so i wont go to those servers.
    Graphics Designer/Product Designer/Illustrator/General handy guy/not taking any requests right now.

well lets put it this way... i am a very patient person and i stick with games that i like...for years... in the last game i played... not only did the weapons and armor have a great chance to fail, but it also DESTROYED the item completely... so the simple fact that u dont loose the item at all is a relief to me believe it or not. besides kinda goes to the old simple fact..if everyone is all mighty and powerfull, then no one is.
    There is such a thing as not improving something, yet also not making it worse. This game could stand to realize that.

also the game is young, mabye instead of RNG they will use the percentage system that most games use, example lvl 1-3 are 90% success 4-6 are 60% success 7-9 30% success and 10 be 10% chance success rate
    MY Rig: 2600K Sandy Brige, Gigabyte Ud7 Motherboard, 2 Geforce GTX580 in SLI Mode, 8 gigs Ramm

Quote Originally Posted by Gama View Post
    pso2 is fun, but gl on the en servers. i dont trust sega anymore. so i wont go to those servers.
    what do you mean by this?