Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sammickk View Post
    what do you mean by this?
    They have a history of fuckin up on the ENG servers, ie not paying enough attention to them, not having all the events, etc. and not to mention the level of idiocy of some of the english players you will have to deal with (cuz japan has none) and what have you.

But really, i would give it a shot regardless. I wanna play there too, for simplicity of purchasing AC and being able to read the story above anything else. I typically play in small groups with friends or teammates anyway, as im sure most people do, so the society shouldnt really be a problem (and the report feature will clean up the idiots). Jus disregard his post, and look forward to the english version. I'd be there if i wasnt balls deep in the JP one.

He's saying that the english servers will be bad and out of date the same way the old english pso versions were. The JP servers were always ahead and far better managed and patched etc. I hope that isn't the case but like you said, its hard to trust sega after what they've done in the past.

i also hate the fact tht i cant have the chance to meet people from japan. i like everyone else, but on the jp server u get people from everywhere atm, so i feel happyer there.
    Graphics Designer/Product Designer/Illustrator/General handy guy/not taking any requests right now.

Gate open!
    A place so far away yet so close at hand...

PROS

- It's free.

- great combat.

- great bosses.

- great flexibility in terms of how you want to play your game.

- the option to switch classes on the fly for free.

- Random boss encounters are always a treat.

CONS

- your progress is constantly hampered by level caps and client orders that are in place specifically to slow you down and force you to replay content.

- weapon progression is confusing and useful drops are far and few between. I've been wearing the same equipment for about 10/15 levels now.

- level design is practically nonexistent save for Time Attack. Randomized fields get old really fast and end up feeling cheap.

- Bland environments post Caves. Tundra and Desert being the worst offenders.

- no significant difference(statistical or otherwise) between races/genders.

- music is forgettable (other than the quartz dragon fight).

- confusing and expensive weapon forging system.

- absence of a story or mystery to motivate your experience.

NEUTRAL

- MPA areas are fun some times, chaotic and mindless other times.

- PSE burst system is confusing and random but kind of fun.

- interrupt events are interesting but are rarely ever engaging.

CLOSING THOUGHTS

A really ambitious title that while is never short on cool ideas, is often short on fun. Combat is almost always a blast but my overall impression of the game is that it's a little bit of a snooze. There's just not much here to keep me playing. I tend to only pop online these days when there's new content.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal255 View Post
    They have a history of fuckin up on the ENG servers, ie not paying enough attention to them, not having all the events, etc. and not to mention the level of idiocy of some of the english players you will have to deal with (cuz japan has none) and what have you.

But really, i would give it a shot regardless. I wanna play there too, for simplicity of purchasing AC and being able to read the story above anything else. I typically play in small groups with friends or teammates anyway, as im sure most people do, so the society shouldnt really be a problem (and the report feature will clean up the idiots). Jus disregard his post, and look forward to the english version. I'd be there if i wasnt balls deep in the JP one.
    I understand. As you said though I too got around this problem on the first PSO and formed quite a big band of friends and since a few of my buds are gonna be starting this with me, at least I wont be alone. I just couldnt enjoy a game i couldn't read or only partially understand with a translation patch. I hope they change thier past ways and keep US up to date but i wouldnt hold my breath.
    MY Rig: 2600K Sandy Brige, Gigabyte Ud7 Motherboard, 2 Geforce GTX580 in SLI Mode, 8 gigs Ramm

Destructive by nature. Link1275's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sammickk View Post
    I thought section ID's gave people the drive to want to participate and play with others in order to hunt rares together, so i actually am one of the few that will miss this...

lol i know not of this psp2 you speak of.... i only played PSO, ver2, ver4 (Blue burst) and a small bit of PSU. Aside from the original Phantasy Star RPG's on the master system I Did not play any portables or any other games, so all i know is.... pick force, hunt tech disks, use spells, can you or anyone elaborate on how PSO 2 Spell system works a little more? I ask because this was my favorite class and the one I will Likely play

Lastly there seems to be some contradicting info on the last post, one guy says to keep trading with others and such u have to pay about 16 bucks a month, and one says you buy the premium account only once.... i am confused
    Section IDs usually meant more along the lines of someone making a new char just to hunt one weapon and then doing that over and over until they are done hunting stuff. Phantasy Star Portable 2 is one of the most hacked games to date(the only other contender is KZL). If you would like to hear about the US servers for PSP2, just read the section for a bit. Techs can now be charged just like in PSZ, the leveling system is the same though. However charging them can actually be annoying, as whilst it increases your attack techs strength, it also is required to charge them in order to cast support techs on your party. Charging a tech also decreases your movement speed.

Gate open!
    A place so far away yet so close at hand...

Quote Originally Posted by gravityvx View Post
    What? Vadar? Mines? City? Forest (especially this if you played pso)?
    Those all sounded pretty generic to me but to each his own. And I don't give PSO2 credit for sampling PSO1's music, no.

That was pretty much a rhetorical since it's obvious from the quote you only like one of the games tracks.

Love it. If you are a pso fan like me you will love it. Your story sounds way similer to mine. Anyway theres alot to go through and it keeps you comeing back for more. Takeing out the other players and such. Its a true sequel imo and with each new thing it just adds to it. So core gameplay and nothing but the gameplay id say it gets a 9.5 out of 10. Y? Because its not pso but its def no pushover to its grandfather.
    who am i....? *tosses card to* find out.

Quote Originally Posted by Link1275 View Post
    Section IDs usually meant more along the lines of someone making a new char just to hunt one weapon and then doing that over and over until they are done hunting stuff.
    lol i never did that , i found it much easier to just find a friend i had online with the right ID or just ask in the lobby, i just wouldnt want to raise a new character and get him to ultimate, JUST so i could search for rares.... wow i can't beleive people did that....wait yes i can. lol but seriously there are good people out there, you just have to find them. I seem to be one of the only ones here that didnt have problems with cooperative play. sure i ran into the occasional butthead but for the most part my online experience in PSO was really enjoyable.
    MY Rig: 2600K Sandy Brige, Gigabyte Ud7 Motherboard, 2 Geforce GTX580 in SLI Mode, 8 gigs Ramm