Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Default The optimistism for english servers threads

Just a thread to see some thoughts on the english version. Preferably positive outlooks and ideas would be welcome as I'm fairly confident this forum has at length beaten the "Sega of America is bad" horse to death, resurrected it, beat it again, paraded its head around town and stuck it on a pike.

I ask that you leave speculation based on the past performance of Sega out of the discussion and reflect on other issues.

Some points to consider- PSO2 will have a vast player base available in the EU and US. While the metaphorical flood gate being open will allow a range of good players to join it will let the crappy ones join as well. To this end an active and player friendly moderation team will be one of the deciding factors on the english PSO2 ship sinking or floating.

The free to play model should make the game inclusive of course but a subscription makes a good buffer for idiots. Again an active moderation team is needed to curb the various miscreants getting into the game

Finally, localization... lower difficulty? item drop chance change? less kawaii and more hamburgers?
    Don't judge a manga by its anime

The supposive Gaijin Hero EvilMag's Avatar

I can see them boosting the drop rates. IIRC they did that with the US/EU version of PSP2.
    Quote Originally Posted by CelestialBlade View Post
    Bit off-topic, but I'm just sick and tired of "difficulty" meaning "stat boosts". It's lazy and boring.

Destructive by nature. Link1275's Avatar

For the record, what I am about to say is the best I can see them being.

They will be infested with hackers and max levels with the best gear on day one. Sega will do nothing about it, and the international server will never get any seasonal or MA events. In short look at PSP2 and times it by 999999999999999999999999999999999999.

And there we have it. We've already completely ignored the OP.

Psychotic Asian Goth Girl [Ayumi]'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Link1275 View Post

They will be infested with hackers and max levels with the best gear on day one. Sega will do nothing about it, and the international server will never get any seasonal or MA events. In short look at PSP2 and times it by 999999999999999999999999999999999999.
    Quote Originally Posted by supersonix9 View Post
    And there we have it. We've already completely ignored the OP.
    I couldn't help but laugh at this.

Quote Originally Posted by [Ayumi] View Post
    I couldn't help but laugh at this.
    Yeah, I'm pretty funny. And correct.
    Last edited by supersonix9; Oct 24, 2012 at 10:38 PM.

Well you have to admit, if we're not allowed to mention how they've handled every other incarnation of the online Phantasy Star series, it's a bit difficult to make a conjecture on how SEGA will run PSO2 with a basis on nothing.

Positive thread on PSOW about PSO2
    Positive thread about PSO2 EN
    Positive thread
    Nope
    PSO2 Karai

They will probably make the game easier for NA players.
    But that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Link1275 View Post

OH hark! Mysterious sage of the future tell me more! Clearly one with talents such as yours need not be galavanting about on a video game message board! Your powers are better reserved for more meaningful endovers like predicting how much bullshit one man can muster in a single sentence.

Far be it from me to impose my foolish notions on such vivid images from the future. Contemptable luck I have being cast in the shadow of a such a supreme seerer as thee.
    Don't judge a manga by its anime