Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

The english server will have people and the quests. I want to see the quests as well as the mags.
    Mags are better than PM's *Cough PSU *Cough*
    --------------------------------------------------
    Planning to replay PSP2 and prove to myself that the chaining mechanic do not slow down the pace of the combat. =/
    Planning to replay PSU (ep1 and 2) for story and gameplay, PSZ and PSP2 offline mode Only Also I'm keeping my FC for psz up though the Network Mode is closed.

Quote Originally Posted by Noblewine View Post
    The english server will have people and the quests. I want to see the quests as well as the mags.
    Mags are better than PM's *Cough PSU *Cough*
    Mags and PMs are entirely different things, so comparing them is kinda dumb.

Psychotic Asian Goth Girl [Ayumi]'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darki View Post
    Mags and PMs are entirely different things, so comparing them is kinda dumb.
    Since they were announced before PSU came out, I thought of them as Mags.
    You feed them, they level up, they fight near you, and after gaining enough energy they do an attack for you (PB).

Quote Originally Posted by [Ayumi] View Post
    Since they were announced before PSU came out, I thought of them as Mags.
    You feed them, they level up, they fight near you, and after gaining enough energy they do an attack for you (PB).
    But their concept is entirely different. PMs are, using PSO2 terms, a free "Doo-doo" customizable partner card. They're PSU's item lab. Mags are a living, growing "armor unit" for your character.

Also, the "they do an attack for you" is far from true. Only a handful of versions of PMs had a SUV weapon, not even half of them, and that "energy" that you filled in PSU was yours and yours only regardless of what PM you had (or even if you had one raised, for that matter). In PSU, the "blast" action was completely unrelated to your PM, unlike in PSO or PSO2. For the "fight near you", still there's a difference. One acts as an npc, the other as an automatic extra attack.

Woah, dodo as a mai room feature?? Take my fun points.

Quote Originally Posted by Darki View Post
    But their concept is entirely different. PMs are, using PSO2 terms, a free "Doo-doo" customizable partner card. They're PSU's item lab. Mags are a living, growing "armor unit" for your character.

Also, the "they do an attack for you" is far from true. Only a handful of versions of PMs had a SUV weapon, not even half of them, and that "energy" that you filled in PSU was yours and yours only regardless of what PM you had (or even if you had one raised, for that matter). In PSU, the "blast" action was completely unrelated to your PM, unlike in PSO or PSO2. For the "fight near you", still there's a difference. One acts as an npc, the other as an automatic extra attack.
    And with this, we end the off-topicness.