View Poll Results: Playing English version?

Voters
274. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sure, I'll try

125 45.62%
  • Naw, JP only

76 27.74%
  • Playing both versions

73 26.64%
Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 44451525354

Dunno why you want a hard copy from a game that will be continuously updated. Your copy will be outdated in a short time and incomplete at data. So, you may use it the first time but as time is flowing, you will want to store a updated copy on a drive, and never touch the DVD again. For those that enjoy a DVD copy, they may need to store a updated game all the time, on a burned DVD. People should inform themself, can be useful to understand the way it works, unless there is lack of info but in this term enough of infos available.

Quote Originally Posted by Noblewine View Post
    I can't understand due to a language barrier..
    The world most known language can be useless when the concept isnt known. Understanding starts at your heart, not the raw imagination of words. I know people, they wont even understand me when i use the most proper english words because they can absolutly not adapt to it, they do not have the slightest sense in order to extract its essense because they are not able to read the "secondary layer". They just see words they used to and in term its just a little bit different from what they used to it, it will be impossible to understand.

So, people have to think "what could it mean" whats the intention... thats essential for understanding, no matter readable or not able to read.
    Last edited by Xenobia; Dec 16, 2012 at 01:26 AM.

I agree with the consensus that the marketing (lets say for a release date somewhere early January) is more or less nonexistent. Given that, I will argue the game is not going to be released in January. As someone mentioned before "early 2013" goes all the way to June of 2013.

As someone who spends an uncomfortable amount of time online I can say with sincerity that there is no advertising for PSO2 at all. This is kinda scary . Everything I've found out about PSO2 was because I took the initiative to look for it.

For all intents and purposes the only marketing Sega has employed has been word of mouth through their fan base

before anyone jumps down my throat with

Quote Originally Posted by whoever
    They had a showing at pax and a website!
    That's a nice start but there should be more at this point. Assuming the worst scenario being PSO2 being released in June we should be seeing pop ups that no one ever clicks on in the borders of GameFAQs or MMOhut to sign up for some pre order bullshit for PSO2. I've not seen anything like that. That scares me.
    Last edited by May0; Dec 16, 2012 at 06:36 PM.
    Don't judge a manga by its anime

What if SoA are just preparing for 2012 apocalypse?

Are you a ship 8 player? Want some friends to get started? Start with me! (CURRENTLY Busy with university )

Not going to say much since it's likely already been said. But for me, it's simple.

I'll try it, and give them a chance.

I'll make my decision then, based on how SoA handles it.

I have never gotten the JP version to work for me, so yeah im still just waiting on the NA/EU release, I think its probably better that way since then its basicaly a new game to me and ill just stay on the NA/EU servers. Atleast then I know what the items are named and what the story is

Quote Originally Posted by Xenobia View Post
    The US/EU versions was always in disadvantage when it comes to new content. I had that kind of game on PSU (and actually any versions of PSO in the whole history) and i have had enough of it, im officially fed up and wont anymore tolerate those kind of behaviour.

In term SoA cant bring equality because dictated by SoJ, then so be it but they should not make the community responsible for, its theyr own failure. I know enough of online games with complete equality amongst ALL regions worldwide and in term they cant execute that kind of stuff, then they should accept the way its gonna be. In term they try to punish some innocent being, they will gain nothing but disturbance because hostility is a 2 edged sword with unknown consequences.
    They indeed shouldn't do that, just like they probably shouldn't miss an opportunity to have a succesful f2p mmo running in the west. Sadly, we apparently are in disagreement with them on this point. I must admit that the lack of advertising is alarming. People are completely forgetting about this game, and that's not good. This is not Japan, there is work to be done here for this series to be successful...

Anyway, I wasn't trying to tell anyone what to do in my previous post. I was just stating a possibility that I felt some may have overlooked.
    Last edited by Cyclon; Dec 16, 2012 at 04:48 AM. Reason: spellcheck

I was wondering where my thread got moved to.

The Place of Weissbier and People with funny accents

One of Sega's greatest flaws is that they never do enough advertising (to second the above).
    It is what killed the Dreamcast and did horrible things to Valkyria Chronicles, I'm not expecting them to suddenly change that <.<