Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Destructive by nature. Link1275's Avatar

Default Techer Skill tree?

So I just barely unlocked the Techer class, and I don't want to mess up it's skill tree like I messed up my Force skill tree. Would this be a good setup http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/old...dqqq4XqncA4QId ?

The Force tree is my current Force tree, the Techer is my projected skill tree http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/ski...IdI2Ik4QIN0006

Take a point out of wand gear. Take 5 points out of Resta Advance. And 3 points out of T-Def Up 1, and 1 point out of Just Reversal (You can get that from Force instead).

Then put all those 10 points into PP restorate.

1. Wand Gear isn't good.
    2. Resta Advance shouldn't be needed. A charged Resta probably will heal everyone anyways.s
    3. T-Def hopefully isn't needed. Even if, it's only 10 points. Not worth it.
    4. I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure getting two just reversals doesn't stack.

5. The gain from PP Restorate might not seem like it's good, but it is. Especially if you combine it with Charge PP Revival. You'll be able to spam charged techs for a good bit longer with that.

I don't think you'll need PP Convert after this, but if you find yourself really wanting it, sacrifice the T-Atk Up 2 and the PP Up to go for it. 1 SP to 1 PP just isn't worth it. And personally I prefer T-Atk over 30 second buffs, but it's still only 50 T-Atk and I think only 5 T-Atk if you subclass it.

Quote Originally Posted by freyt View Post
    Take a point out of wand gear. Take 5 points out of Resta Advance. And 3 points out of T-Def Up 1, and 1 point out of Just Reversal (You can get that from Force instead).

Then put all those 10 points into PP restorate.

1. Wand Gear isn't good.
    2. Resta Advance shouldn't be needed. A charged Resta probably will heal everyone anyways.s
    3. T-Def hopefully isn't needed. Even if, it's only 10 points. Not worth it.
    4. I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure getting two just reversals doesn't stack.

5. The gain from PP Restorate might not seem like it's good, but it is. Especially if you combine it with Charge PP Revival. You'll be able to spam charged techs for a good bit longer with that.

I don't think you'll need PP Convert after this, but if you find yourself really wanting it, sacrifice the T-Atk Up 2 and the PP Up to go for it. 1 SP to 1 PP just isn't worth it. And personally I prefer T-Atk over 30 second buffs, but it's still only 50 T-Atk and I think only 5 T-Atk if you subclass it.
    Ok, I already put the point into Just Reversal though, so I can't remove that(in the game).

So like this:
    http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/ski...IdcFIdI2cF0000 ?
    Last edited by Link1275; Oct 28, 2012 at 12:15 PM.

Why is the wand gear bad? it is a huge boost to your melee damage. for only one point, it makes your 3 hit normal chain do the same damage of about 5 hits.
    I request a dance of intellect, put on your thinking shoes!

Wand Gear is probably the second best thing you can get in that tree, don't pass it up.

As powerful as it may be, wands are slow and have horrible range. By the time you fill up your bar and try to hit something with it your team will already murder everything.
    I personally only find it useful on vol.

Maybe it's just me, but Wand Gear only doubles my normal attack which in comparison is nowhere near the strength of any of my techs. So right there, I've pretty much tossed it out the window, but on top of that it is a slow attack, so not much faster than a charged tech, and it has a really short range. As a techer, why do you want to be at a short range? Your maximum damage is dealt from (nearly) ANYWHERE which means nearly unlimited safety.

The only reason I find it remotely viable is when you've ran out of PP and you have nothing else to do, which everyone should already be using Gunslash's gun mode to regain that PP as fast as they can, which again, is from a good distance.

However, it's saving grace IS that it's only one point. Spend on it if you will. I'd probably take points out of Poison Boost to make up for both Just Reversal and Wand Gear. I don't see a +3% chance of poison making that big a difference, especially on trash mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by freyt View Post
    Maybe it's just me, but Wand Gear only doubles my normal attack which in comparison is nowhere near the strength of any of my techs. So right there, I've pretty much tossed it out the window, but on top of that it is a slow attack, so not much faster than a charged tech, and it has a really short range. As a techer, why do you want to be at a short range? Your maximum damage is dealt from (nearly) ANYWHERE which means nearly unlimited safety.

The only reason I find it remotely viable is when you've ran out of PP and you have nothing else to do, which everyone should already be using Gunslash's gun mode to regain that PP as fast as they can, which again, is from a good distance.

However, it's saving grace IS that it's only one point. Spend on it if you will. I'd probably take points out of Poison Boost to make up for both Just Reversal and Wand Gear. I don't see a +3% chance of poison making that big a difference, especially on trash mobs.
    So more like this?
    http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/ski...cFIdI2cFIe0008

Yeah exactly like that.

Some considerations:
    If you're never going to use Dark Techs, those points are better spent elsewhere. Dark Techs are pretty powerful though.
    If anyone convinces you PP Convert is worth it, you could take that whole T-Atk 2 line out. It's not THAT beneficial. (Wind Mastery, PP Up, and T-Atk 2). You'd then have a couple of points to spare. I don't think you'll need it.
    Elemental Weak Hit is PROBABLY more beneficial than T-Atk 2 as well. Objectively I say go for that. Subjectively I say keep it how it is. If you did, you'd then even have another 8 points to spend from PP Up and Wind Mastery. You could put that into anything. (like Shifta Advance)