Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Looks like that build is over by 1 point... gonna have to sacrifice something... like maybe Wand Gear.

That might be the point of Techer. I don't know. But the problem is with PP Restorate and PP Revival, you're just wasting your time if you want to attack instead of spam more Techs. And Gunslash can do the job faster.

With PP Restorate at 10 you shouldn't run out of PP too often. Mainly during e-trials or PSE bursts you'll have to worry about that (and I guess bosses). But then you can in fact just use Convert since you're getting it. Or your Photon Blast. I've gotten my Photon Blast ready again by the time (or around the time) it just finished it's job (no PB Chain).

I'd suggest he drop 2 points from PP Convert (which makes it 20% less effective, but oh well, it's overkill as is), and put a point into wind mastery
    and a point on the force tree into bolt mastery

And PP Convert should be the last thing to put points into, so you can get a feel of if you need to increase its recharge multiplier
    Known as Niem on Ship 2.
    Spoiler!

That force tree is...similar to mistakes many of us made when the game was new. Maxing photon flare isn't as good as maxing tech charge advance 2, for one. I'm sure there are forces who can give you a full break down.

If that's the case ill just take points out of pp restorate, I honestly would not of even got points into it if it was not necessary to get element weak hit. I just don't know where to put the left over though. Also, the point of wand gear is to always be hitting the enemy with an element they are weak too would also do more dmg than gunslash and I don't like switching weapons that often,but I guess it's a personal thing I don't see the point in going techer as main class if you are not going to use a wand and hit stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    That force tree is...similar to mistakes many of us made when the game was new. Maxing photon flare isn't as good as maxing tech charge advance 2, for one. I'm sure there are forces who can give you a full break down.
    I was actually wondering that and figured that the maxed photon flare would make up for it but i guess charged tech dmg is usefull all of the time instead of during a long cd ty

My advice:

- Avoid all active abilities on Force or Techer. Too long cooldowns for too little benefit.
    - Specialize in one element at a time. +140% damage is HUGE. Bigger than anything else you can possibly get. The game seriously rewards specialization. If you're going to be generalist, go for PP restore, charge PP revival, Tech JA Advance/Charge Advance and +T-Atk/Def, but your damage will suffer as a result.
    - Buy more skill trees. Sorry, if you're playing a technique-using class, you must have multiple skill trees. No getting around it. I mean, you can play with one skill tree, but you're going to be either stuck with one element or stuck with a generalist setup. Either way, it's not doing you any favors (and skill trees are cheap anyways, at roughly $6.28 each).

By the way, charge PP revival + PP restore is HILARIOUSLY effective. SO MUCH PP REGEN.

I still prefer seeing 2k+ damage megids, however, so I skip on it for Dark Mastery I and II. Mmm, tasty numbers~

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrusticae View Post
    My advice:

- Avoid all active abilities on Force or Techer. Too long cooldowns for too little benefit.
    - Specialize in one element at a time. +140% damage is HUGE. Bigger than anything else you can possibly get. The game seriously rewards specialization. If you're going to be generalist, go for PP restore, charge PP revival, Tech JA Advance/Charge Advance and +T-Atk/Def, but your damage will suffer as a result.
    - Buy more skill trees. Sorry, if you're playing a technique-using class, you must have multiple skill trees. No getting around it. I mean, you can play with one skill tree, but you're going to be either stuck with one element or stuck with a generalist setup. Either way, it's not doing you any favors (and skill trees are cheap anyways, at roughly $6.28 each).

By the way, charge PP revival + PP restore is HILARIOUSLY effective. SO MUCH PP REGEN.

I still prefer seeing 2k+ damage megids, however, so I skip on it for Dark Mastery I and II. Mmm, tasty numbers~
    From what i was told high lv fo/te can get through the game with great ease spamming rafoie if they wanted even if it isnt the optimal way i would rather generalize and be decent at alot of the elements than really good at one

Quote Originally Posted by freyt View Post
    And then you have to spam techs to charge Wand Gear.

Kinda kills the point of that.

And where are my Wand PA's?
    Don't have any issue charging my wand gear up on bosses or mobs for that matter, heck 2 zan cast and you wand gear is fully charged?

as for the wands being slow, there about as fast as swords

playing techer like a force is wrong and anyone who think like that just need to main force.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrusticae View Post
    My advice:

- Specialize in one element at a time. +140% damage is HUGE. Bigger than anything else you can possibly get.
    My force tree will have maxed charge advance 1, 2, and T-Atk 1 and 2 (and 1 point in ice/bolt mastery)
    My techer tree will have maxed restorate, element weakpoint, T-Atk 1, and Shifta Advance (even though it's pretty lulzy) and 1 point in wind/dark of course

My only gripe is no bolt save

And I honestly think this will be more effective than having 4 force trees and 4 techer trees
    Known as Niem on Ship 2.
    Spoiler!

Ok so i downloaded chrome and went over to the jp wiki and your right the % bonuses are kinda crazy and the flat bonuses on the cds do seem a huge waste of sp =/.

http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/ski...dqrKidI2J20000
    thats my current plan though imma sit on points till i try out all the dark/light spells(might have to buy themD