Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Spec Recommendation for upcoming PSO2 NA version

Hey guys, I'm pretty new to PSO-World So hey everyone~! and I've had questions as to what computer specs would be better to play PSO2 NA and JP.
    (Sorry if this isn't the spot for it. .__. )

I currently have a few I like, but not sure if they will be satisfactory to play PSO2.
    I'm hoping you guys can tell me which one is better or if I should keep looking for something else. ( I'm not really familiar with the names and whats better then what.)

I want to play the game normally, I don't want to have to play the game at the lowest settings.

Any help will be appreciated! Thanks in advanced!

1st) Specs

Spoiler!

2nd) Specs

Spoiler!

3rd) Specs

Spoiler!

4th) Specs

Spoiler!

Thanks again for the help. I'm really hopeless when it comes to finding what I need to play.
    Last edited by Lyddie; Oct 28, 2012 at 09:11 PM.

How about building a PC instead, or is laptop your only option? If so just grab a Laptop with the following

A10 CPU
    4GB RAM
    HDD 250GB+

Otherwise, I recommend a Desktop
    PSO2 Karai

Quote Originally Posted by Konflyk View Post
    How about building a PC instead, or is laptop your only option? If so just grab a Laptop with the following

A10 CPU
    4GB RAM
    HDD 250GB+

Otherwise, I recommend a Desktop
    Will this laptop you recommended run the game at maximum setting? I already have a desktop that can run the game fine on max settings. After playing the JP version for some time I'm pretty sure I'm gonna play PSO2 super hardcore. Since I won't be home all the time, I'd love to have a laptop with me that I can play on.

Any recommendation is greatly appreciated.

A10 is the highest APU on the market made by AMD and it's been proven in benchmarks that it outdoes i5/i7 + onboard GPUs from Intel. You can google why the A-Cores are better there are plenty of review sites so I don't need to write a book on it, but if the choice is between Intel/AMD just get an A10 or A8(if you need to budget) anything less than either of those is a loss for you. They also come with Mid level GPUs on the CPU.
    PSO2 Karai

Quote Originally Posted by Lyddie View Post
    Hey guys, I'm pretty new to PSO-World So hey everyone~! and I've had questions as to what computer specs would be better to play PSO2 NA and JP.
    (Sorry if this isn't the spot for it. .__. )

I currently have a few I like, but not sure if they will be satisfactory to play PSO2.
    I'm hoping you guys can tell me which one is better or if I should keep looking for something else. ( I'm not really familiar with the names and whats better then what.)

I want to play the game normally, I don't want to have to play the game at the lowest settings.

Any help will be appreciated! Thanks an advanced!

Spoiler!

Thanks again for the help. I'm really hopeless when it comes to finding what I need to play.
    A desktop would be better than a laptop, you can get desktops with better specifications than laptops at the same price, but if you must get a laptop, the 3rd in your list is not bad, at the very least it's better than the other options you listed and should be able to handle the game at medium settings or so (preset 3).
    It probably can run the game at max settings, but I don't think it would be able to keep up a smooth framerate (depends on the screen resolution though, at a resolution like 1920x1080 it probably would play at a low framerate at max settings).
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

Thanks for the feedback guys.
    I can get a desktop. I just prefer laptops since I travel.
    and also building a PC sounds really complicated to me, especially since I'm not really familiar with equipment. But I'll look into it.

As for a Desktop I was eyeing this one lately.

AMD FX-6100 processor
    3.30GHz, 8MB L3 Cache
    8GB DDR3 SDRAM system memory (expandable to 32GB)
    1TB SATA hard drive
    NVIDIA GTX 560 Series Graphics
    With 2GB dedicated graphics memory

(My Budget is about 800~900+) No more then 950. u.u
    Last edited by Lyddie; Oct 28, 2012 at 09:14 PM.

Are you the sickest dude? Lumpen Thingy's Avatar

also while your at it why not try JP PSO2 its free to download and you can see what you want to do in the NA version

I've played the JP version and Loved it so much <3 . But my old Laptop wasn't so good graphic wise, then kind of busted about a month or so after. So that's why I guess I'm asking. I want to make sure I'm getting the right equipment.

JEP?
    Also build PC, buy vita!

Vita is also on my list. :3

Can anyone recommend a good PC building site? Easy to understand and what not~?

Also JEP? ;o